šŸø ~* Lucio Lounge 2.0 - We're Here To Stay *~

Why a business would operate with spotty licensing is beyond me. That really blows. Iā€™m hoping you can land on your feet soon.

But as they say, when one door closes, another opens. Itā€™s good that youā€™ve been making art for years now, and even better that youā€™re good enough that in these times youā€™ve got family rallying behind you to pursue it. It is very hard; Iā€™m in the grind myself, trying to post things often and get interest in my stuff. Iā€™m thinking of doing some fan art or collabs with bigger artists in my respective fandoms to get some more exposure before I start going on with prints and things. Iā€™ve got a really tiny base right now. x.x

And Iā€™m not putting up with you at all! Youā€™re welcome to talk to me like this if you need to. Thatā€™s partly what itā€™s here for. Thank you for wishing me the best too. Itā€™s really appreciated. <3

Oh dear. Hmm. Have you tried putting jump on scroll wheel? You might be able to cheese the wall skimming despite your hardware by just sending a bunch of inputs.

I tried, but itā€™s weird to get used to it, I had it binded to Scroll Down, not up, idk if thereā€™s a noticeable difference between both.

It is weird; I personally keep my jump bound to space bar. But people who are extreme skimmers and things bind it and practice that way because you can put in more inputs versus manually tapping the space bar. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any difference between scroll up and scroll down though beyond personal preference.

Also Iā€™m back from my first capoeira class. I hurt. Everywhere.

The teacher literally threw me into the daily routine that the students with the colored belts do in their sleep, which includes things like a top rock (ginga), kicks, escapes, freezes, handstands, 1v1s, actual musical performances, the whole shebang. It was kind of cool that I got to experience that level of a workout with experienced folks who were willing to stop and take time to critique my form and things. Iā€™ll be making this a thing in my life now.

They also asked the dreaded question: ā€œHowā€™d you get interested in capoeira?!!! 8Dā€

:grimacing:

I also do and it works fine for the most part, itā€™s more of a consistency problem due to FPS drops and such.

Interesting, I almost had classes for it when I was a kid, but due to some health issues that wasnā€™t possible.

Itā€™s quite the interesting Martial Art, created by slaves and disguised as a dance. Most Brazilian MMA fighters actually learn it to give them a competitive edge, due to how they work mobility and precision. (And yes I am from Brazil :stuck_out_tongue:)

Iā€™d imagine if you gave an answer, they were quite happy.

1 Like

Huh. Thatā€™s may be a reason as to why they gave him that skin.

1 Like

I can confirm that, I live in the coldest capital city of the country (there are colder cities in ares with mountains tho) and yet itā€™s quite rare for temperature to drop bellow 0ĀŗC (32ĀŗF) during winter. I may happen during the night, but as soon as se sun rises it goes to around 5-10ĀŗC (41-50ĀŗF) and thatā€™s if weā€™re talking crazy cold winter.

Understandable. Itā€™s why I suggest the scroll wheel as an option to override the frame drops. But yeah, if youā€™ve been used to it for awhile, itā€™s like learning Lucio all over again to adjust to it. I tried it for a few matches, said ā€œnah,ā€ and went back to the trusty space bar.

Sorry to hear about that. The primer I had over everything was wonderful fun, even at the few times I thought I was gonna die. My teacher is sneaky with how he spaces out the repetitions, stretches, and breaks. The moment you think youā€™re getting a break he amps it up.

And yeah; the history of the practice was of great interest to me. Black Americans have little in the way of carryovers from Africa; capoeira is something of a treasure in that regard. I talked to my friends, kinda feeling I was encroaching on something I shouldnā€™t, but they insisted I learn for that very reason.

I explained the long-winded story I personally have, but they kept teasing details that were beside the point.

ā€œOh I heard about it from this game I played with a few Brazilian pen pals. They introduced me more to it.ā€

ā€œWhatā€™s the name of the game?!ā€

Please donā€™t make me actually say Overwatch out loud in public. 8D

I wouldnā€™t be surprised.

ā€œHaha, look at these foxes face-diving into the ground.ā€

ā€œPrint it.ā€

That sounds wonderful. Here up in Atlanta during winter we can get 70-degree weather, then the next day get 20-degree weather. Itā€™s very wishy-washy weather. x.x

Going to need someone to put the ult animation on this;)

While Iā€™m sitting here in the UTTER DEPRESSIVE RUINATION that was Atlantaā€™s defeat tonight, both Lucios got some amazing plays on the Ilios overtime match. Masaa ate Sado for lunch on Ruins, while Neptuno got some nice Boops in the lighthouse. A good showing on both sides from our Froggo tonight!

Ooooh a new lounge to hang out ,
Maybe I can hide from the Nerf Lucio phenomenon :thinking:

Hello everyone ! Nice to see familiar poster here again

1 Like

Hey Chiron! Long time, no see! Up for some Lucio Ball when it comes back?

1 Like

Never forget.

2 Likes

Had a really great game as Lucio last night. Got some pretty good boops on Ilios, we sadly lost but it was close!

Also, man, that Atlanta vs Philly match yesterday was so damn close.

(Iā€™m astro btw. Changed my name to reflect my Xbox/PS4 name)

1 Like

Always ready for some Lucio ball !

Also thanks for sharing the Lucio ball jersey , I might buy one sooner or later , theyā€™re really good looking !

1 Like

I was genuinely upset when we lost. Close matches really hurt the most. :sob:

I bought one the day it dropped. Theyā€™re actually made of jersey material and really comfortable. The design is screened on nicely too.

I saw a more toned down version in a nerd store called Box Lunch. It lacks the whole green frog section on the back design, and just a lot of the little details in general. Itā€™s the Camry to the real jerseyā€™s Lexus.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no greater sense of vindictive Schadenfruede then getting into a drawn-out scrap with a Sombra thatā€™s been focusing you the whole match, Booping her into a hole at 1, and then headshotting her before she can Translocate away. My only regret is that my highlights were full when it happened.

And Iā€™m on the opposite side of the spectrum, cheering for Philadelphia. I think that game ignited a sweet sweet rivalry between Philadelphia and Atlanta

1 Like

All these threads complaining that GOATS is ruining OWL. But Iā€™m enjoying this season a lot more than last seasonā€¦ Been actually watching matches because of Command Center and the POV of the pro Lucio players, whereas last year I would put games on in the background for token drops while I watched tv or played OW.

1 Like

I feel no sense of rivalry. Just despair. ;~;

Yeah, Lucio actually gets the camera put on him and some replays now. Iā€™m more compelled to watch and try to bite some things.

Same honestly. I donā€™t know why, but to me, watching GOATs with the occasional DPS is more entertaining than watching Dive.