🐾 ~* Lucio Lounge 2.0 - We're Here To Stay *~

"Fala tu!"

I’ve decided to reboot the ol’ Lucio Lounge, a dedicated hangout for Frog Mains and admirers alike. This is meant to be a haven from the tension and anger of the rest of the forum, as a Lucio-themed hub rightfully should be.

So chill out, shoot the breeze, post videos and fan works, ask questions, and relax. Venting about your comp troubles and any inevitable changes to our hero are allowed too, but please check any extended bitterness and toxicity at the door. It’s supposed to be a party in here, and you’ve got a whole server-load of other topics to have arguments in!

Beyond a little reprieve, this topic will also serve as an information hub specifically dedicated to Lucio. Tips, reworks, cosmetics, lore updates, merchandise, and other related news will also be logged here in the OP for the convenience of old timers and newcomers alike. Don’t be afraid to post news and tips too. Everyone’s welcome to participate! With that out of the way:

“Let’s get movin’!”

NEWS

The Lucio-Ohs cereal is available in wide distribution in The United States. Boxes are confirmed to be on Wal-Mart and Target shelves, although you can still order them online from Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, and Jet.

CURRENT BALANCE PATCH

1.27.0.1 (August 9, 2018):

• Crossfade
    • Aura radius increase from 10 to 12 meters
  • Sound Barrier
    • Temporary shields granted increased from 500 to 750

2019 COSMETICS:

Lunar New Year: Year of the Pig

Victory Pose: Drumming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CBSq17LxyY&feature=youtu.be

Highlight Intro: Drumming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc7cBocvBpg&feature=youtu.be

TIPS

General
  • Lucio has a combo! A few headshots from one clip, Boop, and melee can finish off low-health opponents and delete Tracer!
  • Lucio glides! He’s the only character that cannot stop on a dime, so learn an AD strafing combo to become harder to hit!
  • Don’t be afraid of Sombra! If you get Hacked, run up to duel her! Remember your strafing to gain an advantage, and you should scare her off!
Wall Ride
  • Don’t stay on walls! Double jump off of surfaces for more mobility and bursts of speed!
  • Lucio can climb on nearly anything! Practice some routes (rollouts) from spawn to objectives to learn how to get around!
Amp It Up
  • Amp’s cooldown is long! Use it wisely, particularly when multiple allies are at low health and you want to speed the team away from burst damage!
  • Amp gives ult charge! A properly timed one can give around 10%, so use it on command when you want an ult during a team fight!
Soundwave
  • Boops are tricky! Hold your crosshair straight and make sure your target is moving away from you to ensure they fly into the pit!
  • It does damage too! Use it as a finisher on low-health opponents!
Sound Barrier
  • Shields aren’t immediate! To better ensure your Beat lands, try using it under cover and rushing out to deliver them to your team mates!
  • Sombra erases shields! Make sure you ult after she does or when Hack’s on cooldown, or if she’s holding out, make sure you’re out of her radius when EMP goes off!

LORE

Patch 1.24.0.1 (May 22, 2018)

• Lucio reveals through conversation with Mercy that his father’s lifelong work was the Core technology powering his Sonic Amplifier. He claims it came to be owned and patented by Vishkar through exploitative means; Symmetra disputes that his father was taken advantage of, instead implying he was a willing employee.

MERCHANDISE

GENERAL INFORMATION

On the battlefield, LĂșcio’s cutting-edge Sonic Amplifier buffets enemies with projectiles and knocks foes back with blasts of sound. His songs can both heal his team or boost their movement speed, and he can switch between tracks on the fly.

Backstory

Base of Operations: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Affiliation: None

LĂșcio is an international celebrity who inspires social change through his music and actions.

LĂșcio Correia dos Santos grew up in Rio de Janeiro, in a poor and crowded favela that was hit hard by the financial upheaval following the Omnic Crisis. As Brazil began the long process of recovery, he wanted to find a way to lift the spirits of those around him. He found his answer in music and its power to bring people together and even help them forget their troubles, if only for a short time. He performed on street corners, in block parties, and as he got older, at a string of legendary underground shows.

But LĂșcio’s close-knit community was thrown into chaos when the multinational Vishkar Corporation secured a contract to redevelop large tracts of the city. LĂșcio and his neighbors had been told that the development would improve their lives. However, that promise never became a reality. Vishkar imposed controls on the residents in the name of building a more orderly society: enforcing curfews, cracking down on what the company perceived as lawless behavior, and exploiting the populace as a cheap labor force.

LĂșcio wouldn’t stand for it. He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods. LĂșcio’s leadership made him a star overnight and a symbol for positive social change. His music skyrocketed in popularity. Whereas he had once performed locally, he was now filling arenas across the world.

With his newfound fame, LĂșcio realizes that he has an opportunity to make a difference and change the world for the better.

SYNAETHESIA AUDITIVA - THE FULL ALBUM

What’s a Lucio hangout with music? Listen to his debut album released on Nov 2, 2018 while browsing the topic!

"Ate mais!"
20 Likes

I bought two boxes from target. They taste way better than I anticipated.

4 Likes

I’m not a froggo main, but I love a good Lucio main

Lucio is best froggo

4 Likes

Ah, I haven’t seen them in Target yet; but then again I haven’t checked around since my initial December search. My local Wal-Mart keeps 1-2 rows handy for me.

And yeah, they’re surprisingly good. I expected the absolute worst but came out very surprised. Every time Lucio gets something unexpected they put real effort into it.

Good froggo. Precious froggo. :green_heart:

4 Likes

I didn’t expect to see them haha. Casually walked into the cereal aisle. Said to my sister “eh why bother, they wont be here.” Then my sister says “you mean those?”
Was pleasantly surprised.

That being said I appreciate the love that went into this post. You put a lot of thought and effort into this. It’s admirable~!
If any character deserves it its Lucio.

1 Like

If there’s anyone else I’d trust the Lucio Lounge with, it’s you, Nepenthe.

2 Likes

Haha, I geeked out and made an Instagram video post when I finally found them, and Jonny Cruz actually responded that he respected me. I subtly thought to myself “Why? I can’t eat all of this. This is actually a pathological problem; please do not encourage this.”

Thank you! Whenever I get the time I like making detailed threads. I wanted to make banners and things but I got impatient. I think I’ll pretty it up over time. x3

ASTRO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEEENNNNN?

I wanted to get you to sign off beforehand, but I hadn’t seen you in ages. ;~; You still play?

1 Like

I abandoned the forums for a few months. I still play the game (not much as of late though, been busy with Persona 5). I still play fairly frequently. Got the WW skin on both my PS4 and Xbox, hit Diamond on Xbox.

Back to the forums now though.

1 Like

Good to hear you’re still around! If you need to, just come in here to de-stress, eh?

And congrats on Diamond! I’m trying to get back to Plat still. #sad

Hit it right at the end of last season. 3015 and then I didn’t play comp for the rest of the season and decayed to exactly 3000.

Did placements this season, got 3049, and haven’t played on my Xbox since.

And I believe in you! You can get back to plat! For sure.

1 Like

Cries in Australian

I just saw how many hours you have on Lucio and now I feel small. :green_heart: :frog: :brazil:

1 Like

I haven’t abandoned my plan to start giving away boxes. I just ran into some serious financial troubles recently. Being an adult sucks.

Huh, how many hours do I have–

(checks it out)

(slinks out of the door)

Summary

Don’t feel small at all. Heck, you should probably flex way more than I do!

1 Like

I’ve been working on an idea I’ve had for awhile:

A Halloween Terror concept for Lucio. It’s a “Lobisomem” or “werewolf,” specifically modeled after the maned wolf which is a Brazilian native. Even better is that it’s a rather docile animal around humans and doesn’t hunt that much, preferring to eat plants instead. So if the sweet boi was going to be made into any kind of monster, it’d have to be- of all things- a friendly, vegetarian werewolf.

I’ll slowly design the rest of the parts to him, but I’m kind of proud of that initial head design.

5 Likes

This is really good! We don’t really have any skins with this color scheme and I like the idea of a wolf-y lucio a lot better than I do the frog skins he has. I appreciate that you modeled it after a Brazilian native animal, too.

1 Like

Thank you! I may do another frog themed skin. Someone pointed out a native Brazilian legend regarding protective frog pendants for warriors. Although I may take some of that for the werewolf design though, because Brazil doesn’t seem to have a lot of unique werewolf lore.

1 Like

That skin concept looks really nice! I was always impressed by your drawings whenever you shared them back in the original Lucio Lounge

2 Likes

You totally should! I think I remember that post. It made me really happy to know that his character designers put actual character ties into his concept instead of just stamping him with a frog - because I totally thought they just stamped him with a frog until somebody made that post.

You can always re-envision it in your werewolf design, too. It’d be cool if he had a little wolf logo like the frog.

1 Like

Thank you! If my expensive art school prepared me for anything, it would be scribbling down Overwatch fanart. xP

I think a lot of incidental details about Lucio just end up working out in characterizing him as a Brazilian native without leaning too, too hard into stereotype, which makes him all the more interesting. It’s to the point where you can’t tell if Blizzard seriously considered it or it was a happy accident.

Aside from the hockey thing. I will deride that until the day I die. =P

And I was going to make a little wolf pendant and hang it on him somewhere! While those pendants are usually depicted as frogs they can technically be other animals. They’re also green, so it’s going to help in tying his skate colors into the design. That green has been a detriment to some skins like Bit-Rate. x.x

1 Like

Just got his gold gun can I join? :333

2 Likes

Everyone is welcome to the party, gold gun or not. :yellow_heart: :green_heart:

Congrats on unlocking it, by the way! It’s one of the better looking gold weapons.

1 Like