'Lost Connection to Game Server'

I’m constantly getting disconnected while in the game/lobby every few minutes. My ping is consistently 30ms~ and I’ve done everything to restart and configure my network settings, but nothing’s helped.

This issue persists every day (randomly for some reason) and no matter what I do, there’s no fix. I’ve looked everywhere for a solution and many people are experiencing the same thing as me - but alas, no solution is in sight.

8 Likes

I submitted a ticket for this and haven’t got a reply in 3 days. Hoping they say something soon.

3 Likes

Me too. It’s been almost a week and no response.

Played a comp match earlier and the leader of my group’s computer crashed and it made me the leader, need-less to say we were losing that match anyway, wasnt even a balanced match.

Anyways the enemy team was spawn killing us and asked us to leave, about 15 seconds after that everyone on my team got booted out of the match and we didnt even have the option to rejoin. No 'Lost connection", no error, etc. We just started the round of attack and 15 seconds later…bam we were gone.

i was constantly getting moved around the whole match even tho i had like 40 ping, and it never visibly spiked. I was visibly the only one getting rubber-banded. None of my teammates or enemies were getting rubber-banded.

Server quality has been on the decline since release and blizzard is blaming it on ISP’s.

There’s a post where literally everyone is saying the same thing, and they all have different ISP’s, (Mainly talking about Lag)

2 Likes

Been getting disconnected constantly. It’s really frustrated.

2 Likes

this is really annoying i hope blizzard fixes it i got banned for 15 mins and a hour now for my placement games and i was winning bot :frowning:

2 Likes

Constant ping spikes and loss issues for me too, wrote it up here with no responses or replies yet: Rubberbanding/Lag Issue Replication & Detailed Steps

I also opened a ticket with support that has gone unanswered too. I’ve exhausted just about every option I can from my side and even had my ISP come out and confirm line signal is strong/clean without issue.

My guesses are either player-volume issue and they are waiting for player counts to stabilize, and/or additions that were made in OW2 are causing collisions/hiccups that manifest as different yet similar issues for many. I had almost 2k hours on OW1 without any notable network issues. A month post OW2 launch and I’m still unable to play the game without constant interruption. I hate to sound like the squeaky wheel or complainer type, but its frustrating not knowing if these issues will ever be addressed.

1 Like

getting kicked to the main menu at the start of the match just instantly gets you banned but if it doesn’t happen then it just randomly kicks you

1 Like

I also have this issue since OW1.
I have done all the usual and proper stuff regarding the networking side here including changing cables, flushing dns, resetting network card , doubler checking thr router to the point of resetting. I have an Asus AX-82U , UPNP is on and there’s even the ports open in the Open NAT section for OW settings to my desktop.

done what i could with overwatch from scan and repair to uninstalling and reinstalling and even reinstalled windows ytwo days . it seemed ok that night for an hour or so oif gaming. but yesterday my connection dropped 2 minutes into a comp game and same again today. with other disconnections but the comp ones annoy the most.
Again it’s the only game that does this.

The network logo in the sys tray changes to no connection anywhere from 10 seconds to 40 seconds. I submitted a ticket with all the revelant info and requested files.
I have noticed a LOT of threads about this from OW1 to now, some wireless and some wired and there’s never seem to be a solution.
It’s pretty bewildering

1 Like

I am having this issue myself and am feeling relieved to see others are having issues too. For me, I know my game is about to crash because every character will run through the walls or will rubber band. Sometimes it will keep me in the game, but more times than not I am kicked. This is exhausting for competitive, and kind of heartbreaking because I’d like to try and get out of silver-- lol.

Guess I’ll stick to arcade and regular mode just so I don’t get penalized.

exactly the same bud, people running through walls in a weird floaty way.
it has flummxed me totally. we can only hope somehow it’s adressed but i hold out no hope really.

It won’t fix at all. I reported this 2 week ago.

its got to the point where im banned for 8 hours now even though i joined back and won i still got banned

i opened a ticket, for the junkertown issue and they responded about me getting a leavers penalty and how they couldnt do anything to help… i literally did not say once in the ticket that i got a leavers penalty

Just now, an entire match people randomly got disconnected, some of us managed to connect back but my friend and another ally could not, both got a time ban and he game was a lost for the rest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.