Live-Coaching makes this Gold Hanzo look like a smurf (Video)

I don’t see how you think you have any basis for argument here honestly. Again, gonna agree to disagree.

Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Heck, they even allow me to have a second monitor! I could run statbanana (an Overwatch map marker software) on that monitor, where I could have aa positioning cheat sheet for every map. Or I could have pictures for preset nades for Ana there, bypassing the learning process!

2 Likes

I dont think so, I didnt pick anything. This is full e-mail message send to players by blizzard, to people who were using visor or the other program.

1 Like

Oh sorry it isnt full message, but rest is not that interesting :smiley:

Here is full message:

We have identified that your account was logged into Overwatch while using unauthorized third-party applications, such as Visor or Pursuit. These programs provide benefits not normally achievable in the game, and detract from the integrity of the game environment.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. This is only a warning and we are not penalizing your Blizzard or Overwatch account at this time. Continued use of unauthorized third-party programs will result in action taken against your account, up to and including a permanent ban, in accordance with the End User License Agreement(ht tps://www.blizzard.com/eula)

1 Like

They’ll just never acknowledge that Blizzards definition of cheating on the tos and report menu is purposefully vague so they can apply it to any third party program or hack that they need it to. Would a macro that constantly left clicks for me really provide an “unfair advantage” on virtually any hero? Not really but it’s still a third party program playing the game for me so it would be banned. Yeah they could say “bots and hacks” but then if a new cheat comes along that gives you perfect information on ults and cooldowns (not just guesses like visor did) then it wouldn’t fit a more specific definition so they keep it vague to allow them to use it as an umbrella for any software or program they want while also being able to cover account sharing.

That’s the simple reality of the situation and why they aren’t more specific on their “definition” and why a person from Blizzard officially said it is not considered cheating to give live advice.

And here you have longer explenation from blizzard:

1 Like

It was not answer to my question. It was a vague analogy, and not a particularly relevant one that allowed you to bypass actually have to think through your argument and provide your logic chain.

Live coaching is probably not only rare, but it’s incredibly hard if not impossible to detect. Correlation is not causation. You’re essentially making the argument that because you haven’t heard of any sanctions, that it must there be an acceptable practice. That’s a textbook false dichotomy, and a logical fallacy.

I’ve already discussed the employee thing, multiple times. I don’t view it as credible evidence.

No one said you magically had access to anything. Again, you’re attempting to cloud the issue. The issue is not how effective live-coaching is, it’s whether it’s an unfair advantage. Because you cannot collect and dispense information as effectively as software doesn’t make live-coaching legal. It’s still ruins the competitive environment.

And no, not according to my logic. According to blizzard’s own statement. Using twitch to alter a match outcome IS a violation of their policy. Stream snipers have been banned.

I’m going to re-post my response to someone who already used this argument, and why it doesn’t apply.

"So your argument is because Blizzard doesn’t issue guidelines on which hardware you’re allowed to use(*), that coaching players through every aspect of the match, minute by minute is fair, permissible, and in the spirit of fair competition. Gee, I’m totally convinced now.

(*)Because doing this would make perfect sense right? And logistically it’s totally possible! Blizzard could say for example “hey! that 144hz refresh rate monitor you already own is against policy, so go out and buy a new one to be Overwatch compliant.” They could also monitor every single piece of new gaming equipment that enters the market, check the specs, and then issue a compliance verdict on each one.

You’re totally right! This is a great argument! It’s not that it’s a logistical impossibility, it’s that they prefer some players to have an advantage through better hardware! And it also makes complete sense to bring up in the context of live coaching."

1 Like

As you can see in my previous messages(in link provided)

Visor and Pursuit were banned because they offered info for the player not normaly available/visible in game. Live coach has access only to what the player see.

Only case where live coaching would be unfair is if coach is watching someone on enemy team who is streaming and providing info for enemy player.

3 Likes

It’s almost like Blizzard keeps their cheating “definition” purposefully vague in order to let them apply it to what they want to without having to constantly edit it. Like it can’t even be as simple as “any program or act that effects in game performance” because If I had a third party program that limits cpu usage by my other program to keep my game performance up is that not a third party program providing an unfair advantage over people who don’t use it. But guess what it’s not considered cheating because it doesn’t play the game for me and it doesn’t give me information in game I wouldn’t otherwise have access to so they don’t consider it cheating no matter what advantage I get from it.

You would think a statement coming directly from a senior game master at blizzard would clear it up. Doesn’t matter if a player THINKS it is or should be called cheating. If the officials don’t think it’s cheating then it won’t be acted on as cheating at all.

I can think a call by an official in sports is wrong but if especially after review they don’t change it? Then it doesn’t matter what I think the right call is.

3 Likes

Zax/Nick, guys I’m done with this issue. It was an incredibly valiant effort on your parts. Seriously, I commend your endurance on this thing.

However, it’s incredibly, incredibly, INCREDIBLY idiotic on my part to have spent as much time and energy on this as I have. And I try to avoid being idiotic, but engaging in this back and forth to this extent was monumentally dumb. And utterly pointless.

Coming to this obvious realization now is like waking up from a trance only to realize you’ve driven 150 miles down the highway, against traffic, backwards, at 130 miles an hour. Wow. Just wow.

But I’ve learned something very important in all of this, so maybe it was worth it.

Good luck gentlemen.

1 Like

GG

20characterssssss

1 Like

Gg Nick.

20 charactrrrrzzzz

1 Like

It’s this. It’s baked right into the ToS. If coaching is done live it’s as above.
That is their official stance and that is how you will be actioned if you keep it up.
I just checked with support and they do not condone it.

Everyone else coaches/shotcalls in scrims. Why can’t you be a bro and not facilitate/influence live games?

1 Like

Shiver mee timbersss

1 Like

Well you’ve been notified. Keep it up we really will be a better community without u.

1 Like

Thnx for the warning.

1 Like

Lol he acts like we’ll “be a better community” when he constantly throws to “save calories”. We’ll be an even better community if throwers were dealt with

1 Like

Don’t be like that. Having more calories to spare is an unfair advantage, and you know that!

3 Likes

But eating healthier means you’ll have less calories and eating healthy means you’ll live longer. Longer life is an unfair advantage!

2 Likes

Atleast I won’t die as a cheater when I drop dead @42, with a monthly supply of Doritos crust under my finger nails!

1 Like