Live-Coaching makes this Gold Hanzo look like a smurf (Video)

Will do haha, got another video like this coming out soon. We’ll see how the comments are on that post.

5 Likes

No Brett, that’s not what you’re reading. It wasn’t an official statement from Blizzard so let’s not pretend that it was all right? And not only does it VIOLATE their stated policy, it violates the very idea of fair competition on an even playing field, for the same sorts of reasons that aimbots are not permitted. So no, it doesn’t pass the smell test.

And unlike you, apparently, I don’t just believe anything I’m told, especially if it violates common sense.

It was a minimum wage employee likely looking to close a ticket as quickly as possible. Pardon if I don’t assume they’re a walking encyclopedia on Blizzard’s policy, particularly those that would be rarely if ever discussed.

You won’t answer this, but have entry level employees ever been wrong? Are they frequently wrong? Yes Brett, they are. I don’t care about being right on this. Who the hell cares, really? The issue is their answer is contradictory to stated policy, and that’s clear to anyone with a shred of common sense.

2 Likes

You’re out of your mind if you think I’m doing this all over again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, entry level employees are often wrong, but being a GameMaster that answered this question, specifically one that not only moderates OW, but CoD and WoW as well, the answer wasn’t from an entry level employee, only senior staff moderate more than one game (so I’ve been told in the past, as one of my friends was a GameMaster). The fact that you can still argue this after being given proof, shows that you don’t care for the answer, you simply want to be right.

3 Likes

First off no proof was provided. And if Zax thinks I’m going to create a discord account and learn how it works to see some ticket that doesn’t even settle this issue he’s lost his mind. Nor am I driving to his house. Or facetiming with him to get a gander of the “evidence.”

He’s refused to simply post a picture at IMGUR, so no, I haven’t seen the “proof.”

A gamemaster eh? You sure that’s not just part of a pick-up line used at cosplay events?

1 Like

Zax didn’t post the link, Storm however did, and so will I since you missed it earlier.
imgur .com/a/t4vy ZUj

Yes, a GameMaster, no I have never been to one of those events, even though I would have loved to attend one.

1 Like

I dont know what I should be asking you. I dont see a point in this because you are obviously refusing to accept facts, even screenshots of blizzard statement was posted here and you still refuse to change your mind.

But whatever, ask your question.

1 Like

You don’t get to claim that anything you consider evidence is evidence, and someone is not being de facto unreasonable because they reject your evidence. If things worked this way, our legal system would be an even bigger disaster than it is. There’s a reason why there are standards of evidence. I will of course agree that this adds some weight to the argument, but it doesn’t settle the issue for me. And that’s ok. This is not a court case and we are not battling over the life of someone sitting on death row.

Ok my “YES OR NO” question:

Does live coaching grant a player an advantage over other players not using such methods?

1 Like

You see, and we have problem now because it is not simple yes or no answer…
It depends on player and on coach. In some cases player can actualy have disadvantage if coaching live is distracting for player and he could not concentrate. Also coach can be giving bad tips, not every coach is good. Se answer can be yes and not as it depends on player and coach.

But lets say coach is good and player is receptive to tips provided live without being distracted, In that case:

YES it is advantage.

MY QUESTION:

Do you believe in god?

1 Like

Ok Zax I respect you actually answering the question! Holy moly, I’m writing it down in my diary – someone on these forums actually answered a direct question with a direct answer!

So all I’m saying is, that this person’s answer contradicts Blizzard’s TOS policy, since Blizzard obviously does not arbitrate on violations according to “how good the advice was” or “how accurate the aimbot is.” The act itself is what is bannable, not the effectiveness of the method in question. And clearly live-coaching is an advantage if other players are not being live-coached.

Certainly your ticket is evidence for your argument, I fully admit that. But please understand why I’m not considering it to settle the issue (see rationale above). This is not about me being stubborn. Believe it or not, I will not jump out the window if someone on these forums proves me wrong about something.

And no, I do not believe in god, certainly not any kind which humans preach are true. If there is actually something up there, then it may have created the universe and set it in motion with the laws that govern it, but religious claims to intimately know who and what that being is are not convincing to me at all. Thousands of religions have made various claims. They cannot all be correct. And the fact that there are so many conflicting religious ideologies across so many cultures and so many eras seems to simply suggest that this is just what man does: we make up explanatory mythology to explain what we do not understand, or to comfort us, or worse yet, to control and manipulate others.

3 Likes

OO oo can i jump in? Can i ask a question.

Miko, do you believe theres a difference between unfair and fair advantages?

2 Likes

Finally something I can agree with you… your answer.

I am not challenging your opinion, you might think its unfair, but I dont think so as anyone can take live coaching too and I dont believe its unfair advantage. Its just fast improving honestly :). I didnt have problem with you havinv opinion about live coaching being advantage. I had problem with you saying that its unfair advantage by blizzard. Which was resolved in my ticket.

1 Like

I do believe there’s a difference. If a player finds a really great, let’s say, aim training app out there, and not many people are using it, and they enter a match and really crush the competition, this would be an example of a fair advantage to me. Or if a person reads a great book on deliberate practice and they level up. That’s a fair advantage, because the increase in performance has been earned by the player.

And example of unfair advantage would be smuggling in notes to bolster one’s performance on an examination. Sure, they took the time and effort to write out the notes, but the examination itself is a test of their mastery and comprehension and retention of the material. Also, it is unfair to the other students in the class who are taking the examination with no such assistance.

1 Like

I would like to asnwer that too :slight_smile:

There is definitely difference, for me is live coacing advantage. But it not not unfair advantage, player is actualy trying to get better, is actively working on himself. Just because his enemies in match dont care about self improvement, doesnt mean his/her advantage is unfair.

Unfair advantage would be if player will let high ranked person to play on the account to boost account. In that case it is unfair advantage, because player on enemy team are not facing player who is for example 2300 by the system, but they face 3800 player who by his actions created unbalanced match, fooling the matchmaker.

2 Likes

I fully appreciate and understand your argument. I even get why you don’t buy mine. I don’t think either of us are being irrational, but we are interpreting things differently, and that’s ok.

2 Likes

I was about to type out a big analogy using your examples, but I feel like were just gonna go down a rabbit hole and then sputter out at an “agree to disagree” situation.

The way I see it, “unfair advantages” are considered cheating, but a blizzard employee (sure, not the head of blizzard himself) said live coaching is allowed, as well as the fact that no one has been ever been disciplined by doing this, it’s fair to say live coaching is considered a FAIR advantage, in the eyes of blizzard as a whole.

2 Likes

Yes, unfair advantages are considered cheating, but then it becomes a philosophical conversation that requires unpacking WHY cheating is wrong or a bad thing. And my examples do address that.

The whole point and spirit of competition is to test the accumulated knowledge and acquired skill of the competitors. That is literally what competition aims to do.

This game essentially comes down to game sense and mechanical skill. I struggle to understand how externally bolstering mechanical skill via aimbot is something we can all agree is cheating, but how bolstering game sense via a coach falls into a different category. Maybe you can help me understand how you see those two things as completely different and unrelated, such that one is cheating and the other isn’t.

1 Like

Most sports allow you to get coaching - but disallow PEDs.

Blizzard allows live coaching (as seen by the fact that an employee said so, and no ones ever gotten punished for it), but bans people who aimbot (except for when they can’t detect them).

EDIT: I do find it weird that Visor.gg was banned, but live coaching is allowed.

1 Like

They probably had to go the “ban all or nothing” route when it comes to that, or else they’d been forced to monitor every “intrusive” third-party software. The fact that they banned pursuit (which only provides POST game stats) would imply that.

1 Like

Note really an answer to my question but ok.

And I’ve explained why the employee’s explanation doesn’t resolve this issue for me. Finally, as stated before, you don’t know whether or not anyone’s gotten punished for it or not.

And I’m glad you brought up Visor. Did some digging on that. And these are direct quotes from Blizzard, none of which sound like they, in the spirit of Blizzard’s views on fair competition, would endorse live-coaching since there is a TON of overlap between what Visor did and what live-coaching does. After reading you’ll be clear on why some Blizzard employee’s contradiction of Blizzard’s stated views on fair competition don’t make sense to me and are likely wrong. People are fallible and make mistakes and logic dictates that that employee is wrong.

Live-coaching is actually WORSE from a fairness perspective since it’s interactive and enables much deeper levels and more specific types of advice and strategic planning than software can.

“To provide more clarity, any third-party application that impedes on the competitive integrity in Overwatch is not allowed. For example, a third-party application that offers users information such as enemy position, enemy health, enemy ability usage, or Ultimate readiness creates an uneven playing field for every other player in the map.”

Visor analyzes your gameplay in real time and offers instant feedback while you’re playing, such as informing you how quickly your team’s healers are dying in fights and predicting when enemies’ ultimate abilities may be ready.

We take competition very seriously in Overwatch. The foundation of good competition is every player being equally-equipped to compete against one another, but many third-party applications erode the level playing field in Overwatch we strive for."

1 Like