List of Some of Sym paths (Role changes)

Short Version: Below is a brainstorm from a couple hours ago and the results concluded this is the best result: ^https://twitter.com/hpheisler/status/976718920077004800

Simple Vesion, it gets rid of Sym’s Turrets and replaces it with a Teleporter.

(And there is more)(Must See It Yourself to Judge)

Honestly I like it, its the rare to see something work so well.

1. Tank (Give Her a Bubble)(Not recommend might make her to much like Zarya.)(Could be Nerfed) (OP Tank Path)

2. Healer: Give Her an ability to heal, likely to her Turrets. (Would be the easiest thing, but likely the hardest to code with Turrets.)(Plus would not help her get into the meta.) (Easy Healer Path/ Deadend)

3. Reviver (Teleporter) (Might be avoided, do to the trouble with Mercy, But it would wield the best results.(Through you likely going to reignite “Mercy problems”.)(The Hardest path)(Mercy might lose Revive)

4. Defense Path: Move Her to Defense, buffing slow or other aspect of her kit to make her less a support and more defensive. (This wouldn’t actually improve her kit, cause she would still deal with the same problems, Torb is dealing with.) (Defensive Deadend Path)

5. ZZZZZZZzzz Path: She is kept the same, but they take away an abilty and add an completely similar ability but different. (Like last rework) Which really just a step in a direction and 3 steps back. (Not Really Trying Path(Deadend) (this was the first path they tired to do, which just makes me facepalm.)

6. A New Hero Path; Sym gets so many new stuff, she is an different hero now. (They gave up and killed Sym and replaced her with Someone else.)(quitter path)

Path 3 Recommeded Images how it would work thanks to others (^https://twitter.com/hpheisler/status/976718920077004800)

3 Likes

A defensive path is pretty much sums up what is sym is. She used to give shields at her own command, which i see being support-like. Ever since her re-work it doesnt seem like she is a support anymore, she kind of plays more like torb. (But with lasers) If they are changing her role, just switch her to defense. And everyone is happy we have another defense hero

3 Likes

Healer path all the way for me

1 Like

I’ve said it before I think she should be able to make drones that either heal the team near it and provide shields or barrages the enemy with projectiles from above

1 Like

That path is too niche, Turrets arn’t favored for a game that’s competitive like it is. (She would be heavily nurtered in this path.)

Blizzard has already decided that long time ago. (Drones would be the same thing and healing would also be limited.(Sym got alot in her kit, adding healing, would remove alot of stuff, basically making path 6.)

Even if she isnt being switched to another role she needs a healing aspect if she is going to stay a support. Nobody likes the fact she cant heal when there isnt any support but her. :confused: Sym needs a healing ability, maybe bringing back the old shield giver thing when she doesnt have ult. She would provide healing for the team when there isnt a healer

1 Like

Healer-Defensive role suits her

If Sym is brought to a healer through, she will be balanced in line with the other healer. Meaning she will lose a lot of her kit. It’s why Devs are really struggling with her right now.

Side Theory: Maybe they are planning to give the next hero, some of her abilities. (Would make sense, judging the paths currently tried.)

She has a really simple kit anyways so it wouldnt really bother sym players, the only new thing to replace it is a healing ability. I dont really find Photon-Barrier useful, unless they add an healing ability then she’s trying to heal a teammate without getting hurt (Like Brigette).

i have an idea for that

1 Like

Thats Basically Zaryas bubble, without she being able to do it to herself

I always kind of felt she was more on the Defense role? Just her overall kit felt more defense than it did support.

2 Likes

Already tested this before, no one likes this path. (Its actually the hated path)

Thats what im saying

1 Like

Wheres papa jeff when you need em

The probelm with the Def path, she basically ends up in the same hole with Torb. (But in a worst position.)

I mean, when you think of defense, you think turrets to set up for killing, a shield generator for helping to give you more defenses and her teleporter as well. I just never truly felt she ever really belonged in support.

She’s even played more on defense than anything.

1 Like

Likely enjoying easter with His family and then getting ready for April Fools…which last year was Uprising trailer.

no its not
zarya’s bubble also cleanse bad effect and give zarya’s charge and she cant put it on the enemies and non-hero things
Also zarya’s bubble on herself is another ability with longer cd

This cant cleanse and no charge thing but she can put it on enemies and non-hero things to zone / protect it, it open a new power level for sym

Torb is in a pretty good place right now, but we should consider not totally removing her turrets but finding a better solution to them