Symmetra rework ideas (lastest ideas)

Gun:
Primary fire: remove the beam level, her beam damage will increase from 30 to 120 dps in 2s and gradually decrease slower to 6 if stop beaming.
Which means: the first hit will deal 6 damage and add 3 damage every hit up to 30 after 8 hit and stay at 30 damage / 4 hits.
If her beam doesnt connect on anything, it doesnt cost ammo.
Secondary fire: charge time decrease to 1.5s, now fire a long range lazer beam instead, pierce through barrier, need aim, 100 damage, no cd.

LShift: Turret build cast time reduce to 1s, does not slow her down anymore. CD reduce to 7.5s. Slow effect linger for 2s after escaping the beam.
New ability: Portal maker (right click when press LShift)
Create a portal at the target location, another one will spawn at her place, she and her teammates can travel through the portals back and forth. (similar to how mei build her wall)
Range: 25m
Cast time: 1s
Cd: 10s

E: New ability: Photon sphere.
Sym will send out a laser beam and apply a allied small sphere-shape barrier on the aimed target, it can be apply on anything from allies to enemies, heroes to turrets, unstuck Tracer’s bomb, rip-tire, DVa mech ult… but she cant apply it to herself only.
Allies can shoot through it, enemy must break it.
Apply range 30m
Barrier hp: 500
Duration: 2s
Along with her Photon barrier where she can choose between either 2, her E is now:
CD: 8s, store up to 2 charges

New passive: Shield Generator
Range: 20m
Passively grant all nearby allies 50 shield on their hp bar ; regen the shield on hp bar and on barriers at 60 per sec. This passive cannot regen health and armor. Cannot be hacked. (Everyone will lose barriers when hacked but still regen near sym)

New second ult: Barrier generator
Range: 50m
Grant all allies extra 25 shield on their hp bar
Turn all the shield provided (50 +25 = 75) in total into their personal barrier that warp around them. This ult can only turn sym’s shield into barriers.
The personal barrier will act like other barriers and will regen when either out of combat for 3s or stay near sym.
Teleporter: make allies spawn time reduce 20% faster.

Overal: increase her minimum damage she can deal with her gun but keep the maximum damage untouched. Make her secondary fire reliable.
Increase utility from all the kit
New passive so she can support everyone all the time
New ult that will synergy really well with her passive

I love playing Sym,
But a 125 damage beam that pierces every 1.5s through barriers is so ridiculously overpowered.

That is why it was a slow moving ball, so you could avoid it.
It is also the reason Hanzo’s Pierce arrow was not considered.

Her primary is no different than what it is now.

Being slowed for 2s is longer than Mei’s Freeze
Which would make turrets basically 6 mei’s at once.

Also losing her only defensive ability shield, would make her utterly useless as she no longer will have anyway to engage or defend her self.

1 Like

It is, she wont get the damage reset every time the target is switched and when the barrier is in the way, it will make a difference

hmmm i will nerf its damage then

Yea but it will be destroyed easily anyway, it hasnt been any impact aside picking off someone after her ult

She get both kind of barriers by using left click or right click

She doesn’t get a damage reset. You have 200 hours on her why would you think that? She just loses 1 charge per second when her beam does not hit anything.

She still builds charge on barriers \ walls ( just not friendly Mei walls )

Doesn’t matter if it is easily destroyed, it can cause the enemy team to be easily destroyed. 2s is an eternity with 30% speed reduction. In high level plays that means instant headshot kill.

All symmetera would have to do is put the turrets randomly around the area and all of a sudden the entire zone becomes a kill box. McCree and Widow would be doing team wipes.

If she doesnt beam a single target for exactly 1.00000000000 second, it will reset and wont get level up if she switch to another target before reaching the 2nd level, this will make her damage more consistent .

New meta!!!

It doesn’t reset, only decreases 1 level.
The gun has 3 levels.

reset that level, well it still not consistent enough for her, its so sad when you try to get the beam level up but then die / switch target (mainly because of barriers) only for the beam to reset and not enough damage
The new one will let her keep up the damage more consistently but the maximum damage is still the same.

I’m main symmetra, but I think the problem of Symmetra is not because it is weak, but because she is a very independent support and tends to finish her work after launching the ulti (generator), after this she becomes the support of her ulti, guards who is approaching.

I would like to sincerely know your opinion about this video. you can agree with everything or with nothing :wink:

/watch?v=QOaWw2S_ZKc

(you tube)

I watched through and sorry but i disagree with all of it :\

ok, but in what? feel free to give an opinion :wink: also what you would change what was expressed. we always talk about theory, not about how it must necessarily be, so everything is accepted in words.

Her gun is fine, her lv3 damage is already really strong, what it need is consistency while leveling up, the orb is strong so its slow to be avoidable, i nerf its damage and make it a laser so she can actively deal damage with it.
I doesnt feel that supportive turrets are fine because it will be wipe out really fast and 25 or 50 extra shield is really weak. Photon barrier is really situational and it would be break before it could touch anyone so its not useful or reliable at all to make it damage the enemy. Her ult is really weak already and also very situational, removing SG will make her useless on point B which means she will be useless in the situation that she is designed for.
All of my ideas is above and i believe its the best for sym, tho i will respect the dev team and let them do what they feel like

What about a 6 seconds cooldown photom barrier, and if the barrier touches and ally, it gives overhealing to that ally, like a mini sound barrier?

she already have shield regen with her passive and ult so it would be too strong if she can heal allies’ hp and armor
her weakness is she cant heal hp and armor but she can replace a support slot with her shield regen and utility, i leave room for cons and counter play

You can change the speed of her secondary file projectile, but I wouldn’t change it from a projectile to a hitscan.

If you want to reduce the charge time of her secondary fire, I would much rather have you link the damage with her primary fire. That means Symm has to use her primary fire to ramp up her damage, and both her primary and secondary fire benefits from the damage boost. Then her secondary fire simply shoots the barrier-piercing and person-piercing orb.

Tanks might be okay against an uncharged Symm orb even if she shoots them out as quickly as she does an uncharged orb now. The problem is what happens when you let her build charge from your barriers (or team mates) to make that flurry of shots really hurt.

Otherwise, are you making her a defense hero with this build, or are you keeping her as a support?

Except for the laser, i made the entire kit fully utility support, personally i want her secondary to be reliable as a tool to deal damage at ranged but if its only reducing the charge time that i can take, then its fine