LGBT+ Profile Icon needed

What’s wrong with my name?

So many teen movies with a male and female lead do this
*bonus points if they fall for each other after only like 1 conversation, or 4 seconds of eye contact

6 Likes

It was meant to highlight the difference between a “SJW” experience (as it is claimed to be, not so much that it is my belief) like TLOU2 vs something simple like a profile icon.

One is a much more robust, in-your-face experience (and rightfully so IMO) and the other is more of a subtle existence. Though the wording needs to be articulated better than I can provide here I think you know what I mean.

However, I would surmise the reason the words “shove down your throat” or “forced” is because we still live in an age where wide-spread acknowledgement and acceptance of LGBT+ relationships is controversial, and many people still consider it beyond “the norm” or “the standard”, as “society” (whoever that seems to be) perceives that standard to be. TLOU2 is a part of that paradigm shift.

In short, we are still coming out of an age where the predominance of relationships are perceived to be heterosexual only, and that the idea of LGBT+ (and reality, I should say) relationships is still in the process of becoming equalized as a “standard”, thus abolishing any standards before it.

In short, because we are still in an active paradigm shift regarding the topic it can still be perceived as was described.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree.

But I never see anyone complain about it.

1 Like

Sandy Hill. Probably not intended but caught me off guard.

EDIT: (I am dumb and this was Sandy Hook, not Sandy Hill)

Best month of the year? This isn’t national ice cream month.

Forgive me for having a joke. Not meant to sound against LGBT

2 Likes

Because as my above posted outlined, most of “society” is acclimated or used to that idea already.

Sorry, I will edit the post to:
Best month for me.

3 Likes

Yeah we deserve the rainbow flag. Their teams already use it in their logos, and Blizz does use it in their marketing. It’s time.

Also lol @ the false flags.

1 Like

Um, happens all the time. Seriously.

So many TV shows and movies where at the end, the girl always has to get a guy. Or the guy always forsakes his heroic duty to be with the girl. Like ugh. Love and relationships in general are “shoved down our throats” in almost every story.

The end goal is always to find love. It’s pretty annoying, tbh. There are people who want more out of life than a hot g/f / b/f. XD

6 Likes

Right, I know it’s not Sandy Hill just… Well, I dunno maybe don’t google it.

With people around here you can never really tell who is going for something… subtle-edgy.

EDIT: (I am dumb and this was Sandy Hook, not Sandy Hill)

But there’s not hate farms on youtube dedicated to saying the heteronis gotta stop with their forced relationships in media. Even though its absolutely true that the minimum for a male/female ship seems to be that they are on the screen together.

1 Like

If my current relationship were to fail I would likely abstain from them altogether and marry my PC.

1 Like

ngl i did too and i was like “but wait, thats sandy hook isnt it??”

1 Like

I feel so very stupid right now.

Sandy Hill is a school in AB, Canada.

This is what I get for posting while I’m at work.

3 Likes

f in the chat dude im so sorry

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

Mine are just really dumb and frequent.

1 Like

It’s why we can edit posts. We all make mistakes. I’m sure you’re not dumb. I like to put everything down to unusual times just now. It shows what a compassionate person you are to call me out on it. Don’t lose that energy.

1 Like

I prefer to let my stupidity shine. It reminds me not to be dumb again in the future.

Hasn’t worked yet. Will let you know when it does.

4 Likes

GL broski it do be like that some times.