LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

No, I wouldnā€™t require that, UNLESS they have already planned something like that.

I just want gay/mlm dudes being happy, maaanggg. They have a happy gay couple, but they have yet to show it, and probably never will. Hurts my heart.

2 Likes

But think of the kids!

2 Likes

This is also funny to me because had Jack been a gay stereotype, they wouldā€™ve complained about that too. :joy:

3 Likes

itā€™s at a point where theyā€™ll complain no matter what happens and disguise it as concern. ā€œwhy does it matter?ā€ is becoming the biggest red flag for someone who doesnt care even if they knew or bothered to find out.

3 Likes

Also - I wonder, do they realise that by using the word ā€˜pander,ā€™ they are literally being homophobic since that in itself implies immorality?

3 Likes

Also, ā€œpanderingā€ is a part of the media anyway. Like, every product is aimed at a certain audience and thereā€™s some amount of pandering to that audience. Itā€™s normal!

But of course, itā€™s only bad if the gay people are being pandered too. Or non-white people or women.

And with Overwatch, they pander to everyone. No one will convince me Widowmakerā€™s design wasnā€™t there to pander to a specific audience that wants scantily clad female characters. And since Overwatch is diverse and has other characters dressed differently, I donā€™t even mind it.

So the whole ā€œpanderingā€ argument is very telling. You know exactly what kind of people youā€™re dealing with when that word is used but only for LGBT content.

4 Likes

itā€™s the fact they only do it with lgbt content that bugs me. lgbt content is not automatically ā€œsjw liberal propagandaā€

1 Like

you guys hear about the hero head on temple of anubis? possibly hero 30? itā€™s the head of a concept hero, i know that for a fact. maybe just an easter egg based on the concept art.

2 Likes

I have a hard time caring tbh lol. Iā€™ll get hype when the actual teasers start rolling in. Iā€™m going to assume, for now, that the new hero is something in relation to whatever Soldier and Ana are doing now.

i hope blizzard took that hype a while back for a greco-roman themed hero to note for a future heroā€¦i also hope they didnt take that hype and turn it into brigitte.

Iā€™m hoping for a support dude but itā€™s most likely a tank. Hopefully a fun tank though. A sexy tankā€¦

1 Like

iā€™d also like concept mercy in some form.

1 Like

I would definitely love that.

1 Like

it was a good looking design, even if it was turned into mercy, it would be a shame to waste the base design of the guy.

Maybe they can make him Vincentā€™s husband cough cough. I know, I know, I should just let it go :joy:

honestly we need one of eachā€¦a new tank and a new supportā€¦and a new male support at that.

dude is huge thoughā€¦support tank? could be interesting. hopefully something more than nothing and hopefully something that isnā€™t immediately useless because of the current ptr changes.

i read somewhere the head was in like an early beta in the same spot.

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually come up with a support tank idea! I did it some time ago and always need fine tuning but, I wonā€™t bore you all with the details. (Unless you really want them, lol)

Tbf, echo was originally athenaā€™s concept art, so its possible itā€™s a similar caseā€¦but IDK. Easter eggs are always likely ^^

1 Like

why not? lay it on us

He actually had a full on bio but, Iā€™ll cut that part out:

I went ahead and dropped it under the tab so it doesnā€™t clutter the post for people that donā€™t want to see it. He is bear themed because, well bears are awesome. Lol

Hero Concept

Name: Thrakā€™tor
Role: Hybrid Tank/Support
Height: 6ā€™5
Health: 350
Armor: 150

Passive:
Thrakā€™tor has a reverse resource meter that will starts empty and will slowly recharge over time. Damage done and damage taken/absorbed will also fill this meter.

Weapons: Dual-Axes
Primary Attack:
A quick succession of swings using his axes, Thrakā€™tor deals damage in a small cone in front of him to damage those that dare move towards him.
Range: Extended-Melee (6 meters - Tight frontal cone)
Rate of fire: 3 swings 1 second
Damage: 25 damage per swing - 75 per second
Multiple Targets - No Headshot

Alt-Attack:
A single, large, strike of both axes starting from the outside and swinging inward in from both sides. This attack damages in a wide frontal cone to all enemies with more damage done in the center.
Range: Extended-Melee (10 meters)
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Damage:
80 to 100 degrees = 90 damage
60 to 80 degrees = 45 damage
40 to 60 degrees = 20 damage
Multiple Targets - No Headshot

Abilities:
Thick Hide:
While thick hide is active Thrakā€™torā€™s armor will glow purple. During this time, Thrakā€™tor will absorb 30% of damage taken and convert it into his resource meter.
Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 8 seconds

Bearā€™s Warmth:
Thrakā€™tor releases a large PBAoE from himself that heals all targets within range. The amount healed is increased the larger his resource meter is filled. Resource meter is reduced to 0.
Radius: 10 meters
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal: 100(empty )- 200hp(full) (to each ally within range)

(Optional - too much)
ā€Naturalā€ Agility:
Thrakā€™tor gains an omnidirectional speed boost of 50% during duration.
Duration: Tied to resource meter.

Ultimate:
Protector of the Pack:
Thrakā€™tor literally turns into a large spirit bear (via nanotechnology/armor). While in this form, his character model size grows, increasing the size of his character model and hitbox as well as the range of his primary and alternate fire (10 and 15 meters respectively). All damage taken in this form is reduced by 50% and the cooldown of Bearā€™s Warmth is reduced to 5 seconds.
Duration: 8 seconds
During duration: Primary attack becomes slash. Secondary attack becomes cleave.
(Attacks are the same, just uses the animation of a bear swiping its paw instead of axes)

1 Like