Let's revisit this... Blizzard DOES listen to its community

Sometimes even to a flaw.

4 Likes

Oh yes this last patch made it loud and clear.

Yeah, especially if people whine on the forums to the point of making childish “movements” on the forums

1 Like

I can certainly argue the reverse point, since the issues for OW on the platform I play on haven’t been addressed, much less acknowledged, by Blizzard.

1 Like

Blizz is damned if they do, and damned if they don’t. People act like they make these changes simply on a whim because users overload the forum with posts about something. They certainly take complaints by the player base into account, but there’s no way they don’t look at data to back things up. I’d even wager a lot of the things people complain about are on the devs radar before users ever even bring them up in the community.

4 Likes

Listen.

Stop listening.

Listen again.

You’re listening WRONG.

Dev’s: Headdesk.

2 Likes

I agree, it seems like people are convinced that Blizz is ruining the game and that they keep making decisions that don’t bring balance but what people aren’t realizing is that Blizz has all the data, all the resources, and all the power when making decisions. They aren’t trying to destroy their own game, they are trying to balance everything while considering all the effect of every decision. Then there is the fact that they are human beings, able to make mistakes and can only work so fast.

1 Like

At the time that people were saying the devs don’t listen, they were not. Just because they have started to doesn’t mean that those people were wrong back then.

Except that things don’r happen instantly. The fact that we see things now means that they were listening back then.

Ah yeah. I had forgotten it’s considered acceptable around here to take a year about it.

1 Like

They don’t address issues, they address complaints. Learn to tell the difference, when there is one that is.

I mean it more looks like they only start addressing things when big name streamers or pros say something.

Got some examples to illustrate that point?

Pardon me being bitter for a moment, but the situation with Baguette - from start to finish - is perfect illustration why listening to community is bad idea. It’s a monster that was created entirely on the back of anti-dive outcry - and is now being borderline removed by community demand as well.

these brig nerfs appeared after streams say they want them and the brig movement appears.
meanwhile things like bastion and mercy have been heavily talked about on these forums for like a year and barely any changes have been in response to these discussions.

they had already begun nerfing brig, admittedly it wasnt as heavy but it was there, mercy has recieved more changes than anyone in the game afaik, to be honest they have addressed a ton of stuff as time has gone on, hanzo is a recent example, they’re spread pretty thin between 29 characters, and their pace for changes isn’t exactly slow by any means.

How do you know they weren’t looking at bastion for awhile now and were having trouble coming up with an answer that satisfies all the issues involved. The last thing they want is to make a decision that they have to redo over and over, they have made that mistake too many times before and it doesn’t reflect well.

Maybe they should learn to go back on some bad changes, instead of doubling and tripling down on a poor choice as they have done for a couple years now

that’s fair but I think that they should have at least said something to make it not seem like they ignored bastion.

I guess I just disagree with the sentiment that pros/streamers have such influence over these decisions and that it’s a simple case of the devs feeling the changes they made were for the betterment of the game’s balance. They’re taking everything into account: all tiers of play as well as the massive amount of data they have at their disposal with regards to how people are playing the game. If people are complaining about something and their data doesn’t back it up, they aren’t going to make the changes anyways. That’d be ridiculous.

I think the Brig changes are good ones; I guess we’ll see. I thought Mercy’s rework was overall successful and the major change with her ult was needed. Bastion was more viable after the major changes they made to him, but his design is inherently not every going to work at higher tiers of play, which is honestly okay.