Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

So does mercy in her base kit. So does zen in his ult.

Agreed. Valk could offer no additional healing and it’d still be good imo.

It was none. Symms role has always been a mess. That’s not the nature of my argument.

Cool. Why isn’t she a support or tank then?

Utility matching her kit. Widow and mei also have ults with utility to match their kit.
Symm does not.
My opinion of symm and her ult is not the focus. The creation of it makes me feel that the game design of multiple heroes is sinking. In short , I think symm and rein need to switch ults. But I will not extend the discussion beyond that.

What do you expect Ana players to do when their team is full health? Sit around and wait?

You can’t compare Transcendence with Valkyrie. They have different uses. Mercy won’t have an ult like Zenyatta, just like all the other supports (except maybe Lucio).

Photon Barrier works well with her beam and charge mechanic and has area deniable. It keeps her safe while dealing damage and gaining charge. Something useful when teleporting around like crazy.

Symmetra doesn’t work with Earthshatter. Reinhardt has fire strike and charge to synergise with it. He can also damage multiple enemies with his hammer.

Focus fire is something that requires a highly coordinated team, all on comms, with cooperation. Many OW players dont have a microphone, or have comms muted entirely; and as such I dont see this happen very often

Regardless of that, focused player should be smart enough to seek cover quickly and/or use their own healing/shieldinag/dmage-reducing abilities (if any), and healing from Valkyrie can allow such a player a second or two of leeway to make that happen, since the healing offsets some of the incoming damage and delays the killing process. If two or three characters are being focused, so much the better, as each faces less total incoming damage and the healing from Valkyrie can potentially assist each of them in the same manner

Does she sit around and wait now just because it’s 70?
Using her for dps and using her dps at all isn’t the same.

I do not.
And I think mercy with 50hps should have a defensive ult like zen and Lucio.

So does any barrier. That’s not her ult purpose
This is discussed in the linked thread.

Feel free to hear my opinion in the other thread. I hard disagree.

true ture. It’s rare to see focused fire when the enemy isn’t communicating but I’ve seen it happen sometimes. The sad fact is that valkyrie is not impactful if the enemy team has high burst dmg or dmg ults ready. At least Zen can make his teammates nearly immortal during his ult while also having an useful ability (discord/harmony orb)

Neither are Nano Boost, Coalescence, or Rally.

Transcendence lasts only very briefly - after that, Mercy is still sustaining her teammates for another 9 seconds or so

I think mercys role as an off healer means she should.

I disagree on rally. I think it’s just best if you’ve started before rather than during.

Sustain from mercy comes at all times for her play. No other ult other than symm lasts as long. Mercy is not healing barrier dmg in her ult, so she isn’t sustaining because of it.

She is not an off healer.

2 Likes

Mercy is and always has been a main healer

3 Likes

Nano combined with another ult actually has an impact but alone it has little meaning. Coalescence is actually a decent healing ult with 140 healing per second while also damaging any enemies that happen to pass through it. Rally I can’t really say much about since I haven’t played brig enough to be familiar with the ult

I disagree. At 60, sure. Not at 50. Her healing is closer to zen than ana with 50.

1 Like

I strongly disagree…

1 Like

She cannot have been a main healer with 3 healers in the game.
Her defining healer status only occurred with the addition of ana.

I read title -> open thread -> see Mercy profile pic -> close thread

C A N C E R C U R E D

It still wont keep a focused teammate alive unless the teammate finds cover and/or shielding/damage reduction/additional healing

That is actually a good point. Transcendence lasts 6 second and heals 300 points of health per second. This is enough to negate most of the ults in the game so if the transcendence is timed well Zen can really ruin the enemy teams fight if they throw their ults away. Valkyrie is better for attacking onto a point as it lasts longer but on defence I feel that valkyrie isn’t very useful.

1 Like

I have already stated my strong disagreement, and have nothing to add

Her healing was 50 hps before, when she was the only main healer. They buffed it to 60 to compete with Ana in her initial state. Now Mercy has Valkyrie to buff her healing and rez on cooldown, so she doesn’t need 60 hps outside of Valkyrie.

It’s in the middle. 50 hps is still stronger than a Lucio and Zenyatta stacking with their normal healing.