Let’s be honest. The Devs don’t know what they want for Symmetra

Yes, Symmetra has been homogenised like other heroes but Pharah’s Primary is still better. It fires faster 35mps compared to 20mps. Needs no charge and has knockback.

So maybe call her a poor man’s Pharah.

1 Like

At mid-long range. Syms is suited for CQC, unlike Pharah.

Which was nerfed and now Pharah’s counters roll Pharah.

Has high self-damage.

More like CQC Pharah. And as a Pharah main with 125 hours on her on my main, I’d rather have auto-lockon back rather than discount Zarya CQC Pharah with Reapers Shadowstep.

Depending on the map, she sometimes has a limited area in which she can be effective, and some Pharahs are just stupid and keep flying in the same area again and again.

So in those cases I can place 1 or 2 turrets to target her, and then when she tries to take them out spam orbs at her. It works more often than not, but it should be someone else’s job to take her out as Symmetra could be used better elsewhere.

precisely, it’s loss in value. however starting with symmetra and switching to widow when they will eventually switch to pharah can be good.

i usually like to learn heroes in two’s, the one i start with and the one i will need to switch to. but i’ve done that a couple of times now i can pretty much switch to whatever and be ok. not great, but not bad.

It all depends on the situation. If Pharah is a problem and no one is dealing with her then it’s worth it to temporarily reposition turrets. I move them frequently anyhow to keep the enemy guessing where they might be.

If they would only increase the turret range to 20-30m then Sym could cover both ground and air. Why does Torb’s turret get a 40m range?

Which for some strange reason gets completely taken away by one single orb.

Is it? Is it syms job to kill the tank?

because she gets 3? 10 meter per turret , 3x10 = 30? idk.
i like to just either put them around a choke or surround myself in an area with them and spam away.

either that or put 3 down on the ground and tp them behind a push.

but yeah 10 meters is not a lot to work with in terms of range.

One of the main issues with the short range is that most heroes can take them out long before the turrets can even start firing on them. With Torb’s it’s mainly just snipers/D.va’s missles/Symmetra Orbs that can deal with it while out of range. And in a small space you may need to get within 40m just to be able to target the turret.

Wrong and bad theory. Wow, too bad downvotes aren’t a thing anymore.

yeah, but it’s also only one turret. and it sits on the ground, can’t throw it up on the ceiling, which would have been pretty sick, but still.

that’s why i think symmetra is a bit odd because she loses out on damage from her weapon because her sentries do damage, but it’s not often they can get to work in tandem with each other, her main weapon and sentries. and that’s kind of what you need to pull off with her, depending on the map can be very hard to do.

but yeah, that’s why i don’t mind if they would actually buff her primary beam weapon.

I don’t even think she needs to be a tank buster (I mean look her when she attacks reinhardt, she gets killed in 3 hits). I always thought shes hybrid of area denial/ non-heal support.

1 Like

Same tbh

She’s not a Tank Buster but a “Shield Buster”. She is the only hero as of now where a piece of her kit is specifically designed to shred shields. Sure, Junk can wreck a shield but his kit is not as centered around doing so.

1 Like

And that is fine. Isn’t it?

She shreads a reinhardt shield in about half the time it takes most other dps heroes.

Heroes that require little aim are too hard to balance.

Torb, Sym, Bastion will always be a mess because they have little room to scale based on mechanical skill so it hard to balance them at different skill levels

The only problem there is, OWL leaguers have caught on to this and destroy the teleporter before that happens.

Literally heard about one new euro OWL games where this literally happen to the Sym player, who just went back to spawn to switch.

What bugs me is they removed her autolock but gave it to Moira. If autolock is a problem, it should be removed for everybody.

I had these ideas for sym but never got any feedback, so since were discussing what
Sentry Turret
*Cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds./ This will allow Sym players to reposition Turrets/Nests more efficiently.
*Turret’s projectile travels faster, and instantly deploys upon landing on a surface.
*Damage dealt by Sentry Turrets increase Symmetra’s Photon Beam charge, and can allow the Beam to reach Max Charge through the damage they deal.

Teleporter
*Teleporter now instantly activates when deployed./Removing the clunky limitations of teleporter.
*The Player and Allied team will automatically move through the Teleporter without needing to interact with it, the Interact prompt is removed./This will make Teleporter not feel so clunky and allow Sym to save her team from Zayra ults and etc.
*Teleporter no longer has health./The duration of teleport is short enough I feel ist doesnt warrant a healthpool.

Photon Cannon
*Increased explosion radius.

Photon Beam
*As stated above, damage dealt by Senty Turrets now contribute to Photon Beam’s damage charge.
*Photon Beam now regenerates Symmetra’s Shield upon damaging enemies and objects, Sym gets bonus regeneration upon damaging Barriers./This will allow Sym to stay in fights longer and not feel as squishy when having to fight close-quarters.

No, 100+ because of repair pack bonuses. Ah yes let me charge up 6 orbs all of which hit the enemy and erase all armour before engaging.
Yes it is. Or it least she can do that job well, maybe not in 1v1 but with a bit of heals she can easily and I’ve found having that as your main job, aswell as tele turrets to kill the squishies can be very effective.

Just posted some highlighted posts from me in the last year about Sym 🧭 Highlighting some of my Sym suggestions and other things from over a year: