Let’s be honest. The Devs don’t know what they want for Symmetra

Heroes that require little aim are too hard to balance.

Torb, Sym, Bastion will always be a mess because they have little room to scale based on mechanical skill so it hard to balance them at different skill levels

The only problem there is, OWL leaguers have caught on to this and destroy the teleporter before that happens.

Literally heard about one new euro OWL games where this literally happen to the Sym player, who just went back to spawn to switch.

What bugs me is they removed her autolock but gave it to Moira. If autolock is a problem, it should be removed for everybody.

I had these ideas for sym but never got any feedback, so since were discussing what
Sentry Turret
*Cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds./ This will allow Sym players to reposition Turrets/Nests more efficiently.
*Turret’s projectile travels faster, and instantly deploys upon landing on a surface.
*Damage dealt by Sentry Turrets increase Symmetra’s Photon Beam charge, and can allow the Beam to reach Max Charge through the damage they deal.

Teleporter
*Teleporter now instantly activates when deployed./Removing the clunky limitations of teleporter.
*The Player and Allied team will automatically move through the Teleporter without needing to interact with it, the Interact prompt is removed./This will make Teleporter not feel so clunky and allow Sym to save her team from Zayra ults and etc.
*Teleporter no longer has health./The duration of teleport is short enough I feel ist doesnt warrant a healthpool.

Photon Cannon
*Increased explosion radius.

Photon Beam
*As stated above, damage dealt by Senty Turrets now contribute to Photon Beam’s damage charge.
*Photon Beam now regenerates Symmetra’s Shield upon damaging enemies and objects, Sym gets bonus regeneration upon damaging Barriers./This will allow Sym to stay in fights longer and not feel as squishy when having to fight close-quarters.

No, 100+ because of repair pack bonuses. Ah yes let me charge up 6 orbs all of which hit the enemy and erase all armour before engaging.
Yes it is. Or it least she can do that job well, maybe not in 1v1 but with a bit of heals she can easily and I’ve found having that as your main job, aswell as tele turrets to kill the squishies can be very effective.

Just posted some highlighted posts from me in the last year about Sym 🧭 Highlighting some of my Sym suggestions and other things from over a year:

Speaking of the tickrate, if you guys remember, we were initially told her DPS would be higher than 60/120/180. (Something like 65/130/195 if I recall)

I’m now realizing why they dropped it. They probably ended up doing too much damage in internal testing because of the tickrate issue. When they tested it with less than perfect accuracy, the damage was probably insane.

Now that the issue has been “fixed”, I see no reason why the damage shouldn’t be given those initial numbers. Hello?

3 Likes

Tickrate wasn’t fixed, they increased the ticks per second which means you need to have constant damage, aiming 100% of the time for it to do anything, they fixed an exploit because the tix rate was too low, so now they increased it to an absurd amount and called it fixed, they could’ve fixed this by adding a cooldown between mouse 1 clicks kinda like a melee, or could’ve just made mouse 1 better in general, not only that, she’s meant to break shields, with 12 meters it’s okay but the lack of health and the slow recharge and deployment of her abilities make her harder to play then she needs to be, if they just fixed the tickrate or simply make her tp or turrets deploy / recharge faster she’d be in a great spot.

2 Likes

I think they should’ve focused on the support aspect of her kit then the dps aspect and it would’ve made her a better hero. If you think about it she doesn’t really fit into dps like others do, because of how her kit was “transformed” into fitted a dps style. I honestly think they should just go back to 2.0 and try again.

2 Likes

Look , just looking at my notes, they seem to only being doing Sym “reworks” when it’s economically needed to happen, example Last Sym rework and Hammond excitement I guess was purposed to hide how bad August was for them. (But both of these failed.)

That’s what I want! More tp interaction with the rest of her kit

I think she could use more HP, but I honestly think if she has just an extra 50hp intended to make her Primary Fire more viable, it’s just going to enable her Secondary Fire and ranged game even more.

I get huge viability out of the new turrets, if they gave me 6 of them (even at 1hp) it would be giving me way too much shameless utility. Don’t get me wrong, I would love it… I’d abuse them all the time for vision among other antics I currently do with them, but I think it’s the mobility and deployment animation that we only get 3. I think the only reasonable thing for the 3 is the CD timer being adjusted on them.

They don’t know what they want for a lot of heroes, let alone how this game should honestly play competitively.

Symmetra is certainly not the crux of Blizzard devs, it’s a lot bigger than that.

Maybe make teleporter like Torb’s new turret?

As far as being able to keep it out and re-deploy if it hasn’t taken damage. If it gets destroyed then it is on cooldown?

No u

it was needed.

no damage skill in game should of had that level of auto lock.

Moira’s is what sym’s should of been like (slight aim assist but requried you to LOOK at the enemy)

but she does need help and agree that devs dont know how they want stuff to be. (not just for her but others too)

Guess you gonna have to be the one to do her changes then.

Apply for the job, seriously, do it.
I am expecting your balance patch in a week.

oh my gosh. You know, I would but it’s a pretty long commute from Scotland.

Isn’t there one in Versailles though?

Edit: still way too far from Scotland.

That isn’t a fix. That’s a bandaid patch with collateral damage.

That’s also on a THIRTY second cooldown and unbelievably easily countered. 210 dps for that condition is very low.

3 Likes