LC-208 fix was reverted

You can dis/reconnect the same account over and over again. 365 day wait is referring to NEW accounts you have never connected. Unfortunately, this “fix” is bunk for 90% of players

1 Like

same issue wondering if theyll take the weekend off or fix it for us before saturday night peak

I’ve done this. It doesn’t solve anything unfortunately

3 Likes

Its not working for me on my xbox one and I’m still getting the login error. I did all these steps too. I was on it last night before the maintenance so I know my stuff is safe. I even did the reset cache and still nothing.

1 Like

Both on pc and console I’m getting this again :(( I have been able to play the game once yesterday because of the previous issues and now they are back.

Repairing, reinstalling or changing server does nothing.

3 Likes

Can blizzard just update us we waited long enough to play and they can’t fix there a s s servers!

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch#overwatch-2-planned-downtimes-october-7-2022-2

Just putting this here, there hasn’t been any updates since them saying the ‘servers are back online’

1 Like

Unlinking and re-linking my MS account (Xbox One) seems to have fixed the LC-208 problem. The warning you get about the 365 day cool down can be safely ignored if you are re-linking the SAME account. Many others have confirmed this too. Note that it took a bit of time (maybe 30 mins) after I unlinked / re-linked my MS account before everything started working… it’s been fine ever since. We’ll see what happens today!

2 Likes

Did you unlink this account by hopping in your battlenet account settings? Or was this done differently?

1 Like

I’m also wondering the same thing as the guy above

Ye I have re-linked my Xbox/ Blizzard account now and still am getting LC-208. It’s crazy because last night I had all characters unlocked, and was enjoying ranked, then it took away my characters and went offline when they did the patch, and then I woke up this morning with LC-208 death…

Blizzard L

1 Like

I think it really does have something to do with merged accounts. I have access to two accounts, one of them is merged but the other isn’t. My merged one is having the LC-208 Error every log in. While the other one gets in just fine. If you have another account that’s relatively old, hop on there and you can play. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until they sort out this. Again.

So for the time being, just unmerge your account if you can. Then I think you can hop on.

I’ve not been able to get into the game since launch on my xbox or switch. Really frustrating. Havent even got into the main menu once

Through the website account settings?

Wow that’s unreal… Lol so I just gotta make a new battle net account it looks like… well what if later I want my skins and stuff back? how will I link back my OG account

Yes through account settings, however you’ll have to wait at least half an hour to see results I think.

Unfortunately, new accounts still need SMS protection as well, so idk how that would work out for you. I just happen to have a second account that I played back in 2020, so it doesn’t require SMS for me to play on it.

@IMayBeAWeeb - yes, I did it from my battlenet account. Account is merged and my old skins, etc are showing up fine. I also made sure the other stuff recommended here was done - Overwatch Console Error LC-208 - Blizzard Support

Can’t play now but logged in as a test and it’s still working. Hope it gets sorted for you guys soon, and that it stays sorted for me until later!

2 Likes

Thanks man, your doing a favor for a lot of us. It’s really appreciated.

1 Like