Just give us 6v6

They will do everything in QPH but add 6vs6

2 Likes

Seriously there is literally zero downside to adding 6v6, especially as another game mode next to 5v5.

It just makes no sense to me that a company would ostracize so many people just because they’re too prideful. Why? I thought businesses like making money…

I also find it funny that 6v6 has proven to work and yet Blizzard gives us “quicker play” and “double trouble” instead :rofl:

1 Like

Nah, i’ll just keep playing 5v5 rq instead.

1 Like

This is kind of where I am? I vastly prefer 6v6 to 5v5, but I also slightly prefer Open Queue over Role Queue. While I missed being able to swap roles mid match (for instance if I was playing Support and the Tank was struggling, I’d swap off to Tank instead,) particularly when I was playing with friends, I also hated having teams where there were 5 instalock DPS and I had to decide whether the team would have no Support, no Tank, or neither.

When the teams are good (and naturally try to cover having Tanks and Supports,) OQ is more fun. But when I’m paired up with 5 strangers, I prefer RQ.

Could it be related to the fact that OW content creators and streamers rely on playing OW for their livelihood? Imagine you paid your rent streaming a game, and then one day that game as you know it went away. A similar, inferior (in your eyes) version of the game then replaces it. If you swap to another game, you run the risk of losing a large chunk of your audience. If you stop playing because you don’t like it, you stop making rent. And if you spend the whole time complaining about how the game isn’t as good, you’re going to turn people off of your streams.

So they’re kind of incentivized to at least say they prefer the game as is. They can complain for a little bit, but if every stream is them talking about how much better the old version was, people are going to just stop watching.

While I’ve no doubt there are players that prefer 5v5 (the same way my favorite Resident Evil games are 5 and 6 and I don’t like any of the others,) I think that content creators and streamers have a conflict of interest and thus don’t make for a good example.

There’s a few downsides, from their perspective. I still believe 6v6 is the more fun game mode but I can see why they’re hesitant to go back to it, the same way a bank robber is hesitant to give the money back.

First, if 6v6 becomes the more played mode, it’s definitive proof they were wrong in moving to 5v5 (which if the game isn’t 5v5 and the game doesn’t have the replayable PvE with talent trees, what is the point of calling it a sequel?) and would be showing that to the world.

Second, it could split the queue times pretty bad. Think matchmaking and waits are bad now? Wait until there’s a smaller pool of players to pick from when half the population is in the 6v6 queue and half the population is in the 5v5 queue. I love having the option to play multiple ways, don’t get me wrong. But imagine if Tanks flocked to 6v6 because they’re tired of being countered constantly and not having an Off-Tank, and DPS flocking to 5v5 because they like being able to shred Tanks. Having just one or the other mode isn’t bad, but having both active constantly would probably push up queue times and give the matchmaker an even harder time, leading to even more one-sided games.

Third, balancing is harder again. They don’t exactly balance around Arcade stuff most of the time, but 6v6 seems like it would be a big mode. All the Tanks would need to be adjusted again, since I don’t feel like the “we’ll just cut their HP like in open queue” would work all that well for actual 6v6. At worst, it means they’d have to be balancing two different game modes at once, which is frankly more work than they’re willing or able to put in.

1 Like

We know they’d intentionally not balance for it just so they could say ‘told you so’ and pretend 5v5 wasn’t a mistake.

2 Likes

tbh the game after 5v5 feels like more of “Rick rolls” than anything. 1 player goes down and the whole match snowballs instantly. At least in 6s it wasn’t as obvious.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that “once” part. Be that as it may, none of those polls could pass the sample bias test.

1 Like

5v5 did win and so many loved it because it was balanced unlike the unbalanced mess 6v6 was.

Nah everyone was saying they were finally having fun in overwatch when it was in the experimental card, it won the poll and more people are playing the game because of it.

Nope, what they did say mostly was “the game feels like a deathmatch, It needs tune because no way this is gonna release like this” and “solo tanking seems not viable, It needs tuning”. They did release it exactly the same.

Edit: found the thread about 5v5 experimental:

1 Like

Nah when a game feels like a deathmatch it’s basically an fps not a moba. Nobody that didn’t want to git gud they wanted the game stay a moba, everyone in that forum only complained about tank not 5v5. Nobody liked tanking since ow1, still the same case now rofl. Also nobody wants to come back to this Thank god for overwatch 2… (youtube.com) Ram and sigma would just take over lobbies.

I would love 6v6 even for a week!

Once the newb players play 6v6…5v5 would be dead.

1 Like

Everytime someone suggest that video I can only point out how the vast majority of the comment section remarks that the game looked funnier during ow1.

That said is ironic that you say that because the game feels way more moba like in 5v5 than 6v6 and that was the whole point of the change.

Sure and you didn’t say this at all in your last comment, now that is ironic rofl. Also the majority is upvoting “This is peak overwatch, modern day lacks the true feeling of doing nothing for 30 seconds just for your tank to explode because their shield broke!” in the comment section, what is funny you didn’t mention this because you know your opinion is wrong.

they change to 5vs5 when pve got cancelled to justify the 2 in overwatch 2, the mode was not tested at all and still more than one year after we still have a lot of problems that will never be resolved, there are videos of push gameplay with 6vs6

2 Likes

“The community” doesn’t want 6v6

Part of the community might, but the community as a whole does not.

the majority want 6vs6

Where’s your proof of that lol

You are getting It wrong: I said the game feels like a deathmatch, that has nothing to do with the game feeling more or less like a shooter.

The game feels more as a moba now because we have a power dynamic we never had in a shooter.

Characters feels useless on their own now, thats something that shouldnt happen in a shooter and It happens ONLY in ow, because the game does indeed feel like a moba.

There are like a dozen variables now in healing and the gunfights feel like a statcheck, this is a moba thing.

One character having thrice the value than everyone else in the team is inmediately something that only happens in moba games.

Regarding the video: It has as many dislikes, I think they even hidden those.