Just give us 6v6

Suck up your pride and give the community what they want instead of these stupid hacked quick play events. If they hate it then you can say we told you so and if they don’t just leave it permanent in arcade.

94 Likes

This will never happen

9 Likes

Instead of asserting that the community as a whole wants 6v6 to return, why not put it to a vote?

3 Likes

If you put it on the vote it will win at 100% 6v6, no question. There is no reason to prefer an inferior version of the game, literally zero pros. But still, you find delusional people here trying to say it’s fine in 5v5 because they can balance better, yeah, I see how it’s better balanced, it has more problem than the of OW. You can have 1v1 and still be unbalanced if you don’t know what you’re doing with the game

32 Likes

Nah 5v5 is better than 6v6.

4 Likes

We have. Repeatedly. 5v5 has yet to win once out of the dozens upon dozens of polls.

And yet 5v5 has yet to win a single poll about which is better.

18 Likes

Every time it’s put to a vote 6v6 wins and then someone comes out of the woodwork to say that it didn’t count because the sample was biased. Regardless, I think you know significantly more people would be interested in 6v6 than removing hero limits.

9 Likes

During the development of OW2, 6v6 was ditched because of ambitious PVE project. Now we are stuck with undeveloped 5v5 which was just something thought back then in order to justify the boxed sequel. In short 6v6 was ditched for the PVE which was never made.

7 Likes

5v5 did win the poll, it is why it got implemented in overwatch instead of unbalanced 6v6.

Rein can’t really tank right now, he just dies…
Roadhog is pretty much meh outside well
Mauga exists…
Ram is just a superior Rein

Half the tanks are off tanks and were never meant to be the main tank…
Only reason we were going into 5v5 was for pve but that was cancelled so uncancel 6v6!

6 Likes

I’m fine with 6v6, as long as i keep getting <5 queue time on dps/support in role queue unranked.

People get so concerned about queue times so all they have to do is make it open queue. That’s the whole reason I started playing it because waiting for DPS sucked. If someone goes tank and sucks or other team has two, I can go tank or if support thinks they’re DPS I go support. I love being able to switch whenever I want.

5v5 didnt win any poll not even in Reddit outside these forums. If anything they got close.

Also when we tested 5v5 on experimental during ow1 and during the tests for OW2 everyone complained that the game felt worse, even the pros.

9 Likes

No. Playing 5 dps vs 5 dps, or 3 tanks + 2 supports against 3 tanks + 2 supports, is something i absolutely dont want to do.
I refuse to be forced into playing open queue.

Either 6v6 rq or i wont support any 6v6 at all.

Also stop interpreting your personal wishes as voice of the entire community.

Many players, content creators and streamers including, prefer 5v5 over 6v6.

2 Likes

No, the devs chose it. That isn’t a poll. That’s an executive decision. Still hasn’t won a single tank.

6 Likes

That could be a very biased poll. The people who like 5s or dont care really have no reason to vote on some unofficial poll. Its not going to do anything

That will just draw in the people who want 6s the most, its probably super biased

Yes but the huge vets wave flocking to other games and the amount of comments and polls about 6v6 on all the social should be an indicative.

1 Like

Then deal with long queue times. Can’t have both.
Also important to remember 6v6 enjoyers are the majority of the playerbase. 5v5 has been a huge failure.

3 Likes

That’s fine, again to remind everyone this isn’t 5v5 vs 6v6. Both modes can exist. Therefore if a lot of people show up for a 6v6 poll and want it, the ratio of 5v5 lovers to 6v6 lovers doesn’t matter even slightly.

It is only beneficial to the longevity and health of the game to allow for a mode that a significant portion (doesn’t have to be majority) wants. Majority would be proven out over time.

2 Likes

In this thread sure and im not against it at all. I think some of the polls phrased it a bit differently though

1 Like