Just get rid of 2-2-2 already

Take a good long look in the mirror buddy.

they are considering it.

I followed instructions and came to conclusion that you are correct.

5 dps wasnt fun

Neither was our main tank or healer switching to widow after 2 failed pushes

222 plz

2 Likes

looks at 2-2-2 complaints…

What about the restricted higher rank players, who can’t actually play competitive with only one other person. Or the lower rank players who fall victim to the higher rank players stacking up with their GM friends to troll silver?

Even the middle ranks are full of complaining whiners who have zero clue what they’re talking about, or how to even approach any given simple situation logically. They begin berating and attacking their own teammates for their teammates doing anything outside of the norm or expected, whether it works or not doesn’t matter.

How about all the random other people who aren’t having even a remotely similar experience, due to the very nature of anecdotal evidence and the individual’s skew perception of that which others are experiencing?

The world DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU.

1 Like

And as expected, the chicken littling of Blizzard/role lock defenders show up to defend their precious role queue with outdated ideas/random callouts of players cos “MUH ROLE LOCK”…and false flags anyone who dares question them.

It’s a shame, really…

2 Likes

The shame here, is blanket statements covering an array of people that a person doesn’t know, nor does that same person understand the reasoning behind the very conversational or debate points they blanket defend or attack.

A lot like what you just did here. Blanket attacking people for a side in a debate, without actually attributing any information or conversation pieces to said debate.

The real shame here, is closed-minded opinion or fact ignoring ignorance. In a world of facts and knowledge, this is the last holdout to the ignorant dark ages, and it remains like a thorn in the side of the world’s intellectual progress.

2 Likes

And you’re trolling people simply for having a different opinion than you. Too bad for both of us, I guess.

Muting this thread, since it’s the same old "Post thread regarding removing role lock (as it should), chicken littling comes in and starts trolling/accusing people of bias, trolling, or, as you posted:

…and rinse and repeat the following weekend. Even though the chicken littling is the ones being closed-minded/unwilling to acknowledge the other side.

These threads are about as predictable as Sunday threads nowadays.

There is a lot more people that enjoy 222 than 132.

1 Like

so let me be clear. you wish to rid of 2-2-2 just for flexibility that will upset tank and support mains who do not wish to play in a team full of DPS? because given how much feedback you received from your own thread and yet you still can’t see the differences? why are you criticizing their preferred choice of heroes? you wish to strategize for picking off opponents, go ahead. but built it around the objectives and your team. not solely a player’s satisfaction, but an entire team’s instead. and if you haven’t realize; the sheer number of players desiring DPS is higher than tank or support, so why are you calling out to further diminish the chances of tanks and support mains whom time and time been again need to put up with hot airs from unbalanced or irrational teams? as if tank and support mains aren’t scarce enough. not everyone like to DPS queue or play the standard shooting to gain recognition and accomplishments, some players likes to support in terms of tank and/or support solely, because they felt their appreciation constantly by aiding in the team play when the team is proper and competent altogether rather than if they score the most eliminations or achievements.

sure, you can technically play a full 12 dps in a match (non-changeable role). but you have experienced how much frustration, anguish the play is? in the end, you end up not getting much enjoyment from it more so the tight cut throat version of a match you’ll ever see. but it isn’t how OW created the game for too. they had from the start made it clear the team requires all roles to be the most effective. back then, no role lock is present; only suggestive warning indicating missing team roles, and you get these absurdly angry tight cut throat matches daily, tanks and support can’t do their roles properly without getting the brunt of the blame the most. that is why 2-2-2 is in effect, and had since quell much of that away. and you want to pick on removing it? i fail to see why must you pick at the few good things OW actually did. just to clarify, 2-2-2 is in place because of dps-stacking and its removal will only serve more of that than other roles being flexible.

2 Likes

They should have just improved the LFG system instead of destrying flex play. But none of that matters now. Once the devs make up their mind, it is next to impossible to change or revert it. Ergo, this whole discussion is pointless.

I am just glad that they kept QPC and created Open Queue for those like myself who enjoy being able to flex between Support and Tank. To be able to play the class I want depending on the map. To be able to swap to a role that is needed if things are going badly. THAT to me is OW.

Others enjoy RQ, and that’s fine. However I am not one of them and I never will be.

1 Like

When it goes from “We don’t have tanks or supports” to “We don’t have a reinhardt”. Thank you blizzard, very cool.

I disagree, wholeheartedly. In fact, I think 2-2-2 is the single best addition the game has had since launch. I don’t ever - EVER - want to have quadruple DPS on my team that won’t switch ever again. I don’t ever want that to happen EVER AGAIN. With role lock, it absolutely cannot happen. As a support, nothing is more frustrating that knowing that the reason I lost was completely out of my hands because I had uncooperative teammates. With role lock, that simply doesn’t happen. Everyone plays the role they want and they fit into the team.

2 Likes

Arena has been doing this for a longggggg time lol any1 who supports 222 is apparently a troll that wants to “burn this game to the ground”

Wouldnt even attempt to engage in a genuine debate with people like that

1 Like

wow, dude. So first you accuse me of harrassing you and flag my post to send me on a forum vacation…and now you’re doing the exact same behavior behind my back.

If you can’t afford to take the heat, stay off the forums.

Not the same. They spent a year or so designing the algorithm for 222. That’s a bit different for what 132 was.

Also please stop calling it 321. Its ONE tank and THREE dps.

No

They were complaining because the game was a horrible experience for them. They are winning just as much, but QP and Comp are more played than QPC or OQ, because they are more fun to play.

It isn’t that people think they will win more, they think correctly that they will have better games.

I am reading this as I wait in the queue for 15+ minutes because the overwhelming majority plays DPS.

2-2-2 killed the game for me.

1 Like

They should put forced 2-2-2 mode in the Arcade and leave the originals on the front of the main menu.

No one takes arcade seriously.