Just get rid of 2-2-2 already

Really good post! Preach man!

My input in all of this is that 2-2-2 brings more toxicity because I know it made more toxic at times because of the those queue times. This is coming from somebody who is a dps/support player who can play a few tanks as well. It’s frustrating waiting 10+ a game where its a instant lost or your tank line up instantly makes you lose.

All I know is that when 2-2-2 came around I expected better team play and team comp setups because so many people cried about it I expected people to be more cooperative but nope and that’s what pisses me off the most about all this. Besides the fact that the main reason 2-2-2 is here because GOATS was OP and to get rid of it was to bring in 2-2-2 which most people don’t realize this isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this.

All I know is more and more restrictions was added after 2-2-2 came in which shows the big problem with 2-2-2. Thank goodness they removed Map Rotation because that was bad since day 1.

2-2-2 is bad because of double shield and queue times, 1-3-2 would fix that.

Sounds like you wanna play triple tank though, open queue was far worse triple tank abusers.

Remember playing genji and people would go triple tank against me. Such a cheese crutch

1 Like

Open que is trash. After playing it again in the arcade I get bad traumatizing memories of how bad it used to be.

No thanks.

And, yes 1-3-2 is the best option of all the options for competitive.

2 Likes

sadly, there are multiple differences between the roleless arcade games (qpc and role-less competitive) and their would-be/should-be pre222 equivalents

as such, they are not an equal replacement for pre222

2 Likes

Nonetheless, countless people have found these modes to be perfectly acceptable replacements for the now-defunct and thankfully-gone Chaos Queue version of Quickplay, and thus it is completely valid to suggest them to those discontent with RoleQ.

1 Like

The 2-2-2 lock was one of the most poorly-thought out, terrible, downright lazy changes to the game since its release

Nah, adding hamster to the game was the most terrible idea.

2-2-2 is fine.

I feel like 1 - 3 - 2 would make tanks useless almost entirely.

1 Like

while also making life hell for tank players. most tanks would not have fun in 1-3-2

That’s not the truth, that’s your opinion. Very different things.

Not if they keep tweaking the buffs they gave them in the 1-3-2 format.
Also the buffs tanks got was to make them feel more powerful but not to the point of being unkillable monster raid bosses like some people want.

1 Like

I will suggest a rotation in team compositions as well. Like… 1 week 2-2-2 , the other week 1-3-2… and so on…

I’m of two minds about this. On the one hand, being able to 411 or 123 whenever we wanted was nice, but on the other hand, I had comp teams throw by going 5dps from our 222 and expect me to participate. I don’t think QP should’ve ever been role locked, because that’s supposed to be the less serious, more play-for-fun mode, alongside arcade. But then that brings the question would they make a comp practice mode. I, for one, think requiring at least one heals and one tank for comp is good, but the rest is unnecessary.

You know what, that would be true if Competitive Open Queue didn’t exist…

But, since it exists rights now, along with Quick Play Classic which has always been around, then I find it really difficult to take ““complaints”” against 2/2/2 role - lock seriously anymore…

And I have the same exact attitude against people who are complaining about the Classic/Open Queue game modes, since if they don’t like them, the 2/2/2 ones are always available for them.[quote=“UGotBenched-1849, post:36, topic:492985”]
For example, I think all 2-2-2 did was make it were if one portion of your team is underperforming you are ultimately screwed. There’s no switching to pick up the slack you can only try to adjust your character choices within a limited scope to try and make up for it.
[/quote]

Ehh I and tons of other people mostly associate ““Flexing”” with a Tank/Healer player switching from that role to DPS in order to ““help”” his underperforming team, but would end up actually handicapping his entire team even more as a result…

So really, I’m personally not that sad that specific aspect of the game is not so prevalent anymore…

1 Like
  1. Absolutely zero differences exist between Quick Play Classic and pre - 2/2/2 role - lock QP. That’s a fact, end of story.

2. As for the Competitive game modes, a few differences do exist, that’s true, but they will most probably get resolved when and if said game mode becomes permanent… And let’s not get into the fact that it seems a bit hypocritical when 2/2/2 role - lock are ““having the time of their lives”” with Competitive Open Queue, but then behind the scenes are complaining about the differences between said game mode and pre - 2/2/2 role - lock Competitive…

I understand your effort in this long post, however, I have experienced much better games and was able to climb to gold with it. In bronze, 4-5dps was the norm. If we were being rolled, we’d switch to goats or 222 to win. IT shouldn’t be like that. I understand your stance, however sometimes we must lose our rights in order to get more equal games

2 Likes

The player base can’t be trusted at all.

Only 1-copy of a hero per team.
2/2/2 lock
Hero bans.

These are all needed to control the population.

3 Likes

Queue times are dramatically bad FOR DPS. That part is crucial.

And will improve drastically when OW2 launches with 6+ new tanks and healers.

Also, open queue has made DPS queue times a lot better in normal comp, and Jeff said it’ll probably be made permanent. So that’s good :slight_smile:

To my understanding that means that there will be 6 new heroes that are tank or support, rather than 6 new tanks and 6 new supports. And either way, there will still be more DPS heroes than both roles, and WAY more DPS players than tanks or supports.

They’re adding 6+ new heroes, with the majority being tanks and supports. I’m guessing 3 tanks and 4 supports to make each role have 11.

Doesn’t matter, adding in 3-4 new heroes into the tank/support roster each is going to do wonders for those roles. Especially if they add in more heroes like Ana/Sigma who greatly appeal to “DPS players” but even if only half of the new additions appeal to DPS players in the way people like Ana/Zen/Sigma/Hog do, just having more options is going to do wonders.

More options means more possibilities of people falling in love with heroes and maining them. I know so many DPS mains who fell in love with Ana when she came out and main her now, or are now Sigma or Hammond mains. The reason there aren’t a lot of non-DPS players rn is the lack of options. Less appeal to players as well as less variety just makes the roles feel stale and less attractive.

DPS has 17 heroes people can fall in love with. Supports have 7. That’s the problem.

Also, OW2 is coming with signifigant changes to the game and heroes, and they also said now CC as a whole will be looked at being changed with new systems, which I know will make tanking A LOT more enjoyable overall.

I’m optimistic, is all. It won’t make all roles extremely even in terms of queue times, but I can gurantee it will help even it A LOT.