Junkrat nerfed - the buffs arent enough and ignore his main issue

There’s only like, very few top 500 Junkrats left. And he’s like, less than 1% there.

Tire also has downsides like cast time, can be destroyed, and leave junkrat completely vulnerable afterwards. His mobility is tied to his mines, so while he has great mobility, he sacrifice his offensive mobility for it.

I’m not sure what your beef is, since this is prob my first time talking to you but Baptise is not a buff to Junkrat.

Dealing 260 seems a lot until you realize that Junkrat projectiles is slow and reactable. Whereas heroes like Widow or Hanzo can pull stuff like 600+ and 500 damage on headshot. And 240 or 250 on bodyshot at greater ranges.

2 Likes

Junkrat fires at a group * starts dealing some splash damage* * no one dies* * actively gets healed* * junkrat dies*

1 Like

Sorry its a bounce counter , not a timer. He can only bounce 3 times.

2 Likes

Immortality field also acts like a shield towards tire anyways, so it’s still negative gain if there’s an enemy Baptiste.

1 Like

And having a dps in general on your team is good for mercy and yet the op had the nerve to make a thread about what a big buff junkrats damage was for her. Taste your own medicine fellows

I think even if it’s perfect on Brig or Torb they still live cos of armour.

Not really, since it does reduction of 3 armor now?

Granted, brig MIGHT live due to self-heal though.

Besides, those two are kind of easier since their hitbox is kind of broad. So prob don’t even need the mine.

1 Like

If they are going to keep the projectile size nerf, then Junkrat at least needs a projectile speed buff.

1 Like

Maybe my math is wrong, but 120 for mine + 130 for frag = 250, then minus 6 for 3 damage mitigation x2, means they survive on 6hp. So mine+frag combo won’t work on Brig+Torb.

(Or maybe only 3hp since armour disappears after first hit, but point is the combo doesn’t work)

Oh, okay, that sucks.

Yeah, you might as well put two directs if that’s the case.

Yeah. I dunno if you can actually kill Brig with 2-shots frag if her inspire is up though, cos she only needs 7hp to survive, and she heals 16.6 per second, and Junkrat’s fire rate is 0.65… I don’t think he can fire fast enough, it would have to be under 0.5 right?

1 Like

Brig is the tougher customer, since armor and self-heal. Same issue with trapping lucio/mercy and then hitting them with nade which they’ll live due to hp regen.

Ah well.

Yeah, I mean you couldn’t 2-shot them before so not being able to 2-shot them now isn’t any worse. Just makes the new buff seem kinda underwhelming compared to the previous planned one, especially when it comes with an ult charge nerf. I mean… I guess it’s still a buff? I don’t see it changing that much for his viability though.

1 Like

they still haven’t. i havent played ow in a long time. but that nerf made him unplayable. literally goes through their hitbox sometimes.

its been 84 years

Let’s get real about the grenade size man. It is 20cm. A soccer ball is 22cm. It used to be 30cm. A beach ball is 28cm.

He is spam damage and area denial. If you want to hit all your shots and 1 v 1 tracer in open field, pick Mcree. If you want to pressure a rein, pick junk.

Simple

Why do you demand he shoot beach balls at people? He is designed to spam tanks in a hard choke. If you want to dome people pick another hero

Currently the grenade’s actual hitbox is smaller than their visual hitbox.
Which can cause shots to visually pass right through enemies, without exploding.

And 0.3m was the original hitbox the grenades had.

1 Like

.3m is 30 cm. A beach ball is 28 cm. .2m is 20 cm. A soccer ball is 22cm

The game is weird, everything is measured in “m”, but it doesn’t actually represent a meter.

For reference, melee in overwatch covers about 3m

Mercy can Rez at 5m

Roadhog Hook, and the grass on Illios Well is 20m

3 Likes

I’m… pretty sure Mei’s icicle might be bigger? I guess Mei is throwing soccer balls at people.

1 Like