Junkrat nerfed - the buffs arent enough and ignore his main issue

JUNKRAT

• impact damage lowered to 130 (from 140)

• ultimate charge increased by 10% (your a year too late blizz)

pretty much every junk main agreed his ult charge was an issue even before the damage buff. now all we need is the 0.3 nade size back and i will be happy

kudos to the devs, they have been very active and listening to the community reccently

suggested changes

impact damage stays at 130

dont know how much 10% nerfed ult charge is so cant comment about that

grenade hitbox reverted to 0.3

56 Likes

I’d be okay with this if they increased his grenade hitbox again.

56 Likes

A wholeyear of us asking for the one nerf we all agreed that he needs, after he gets tons of other nerfs that made no real sense. He barely gets a tickle of a buff after we scream he needs his projectile size buffed.

Unless he gets a bit more drastic of a buff, he’s not going to be seeing much play time still.

17 Likes

What is the hitbox size now? .2? If they won’t do .3, maybe they can do .25?

11 Likes

I agree with .25 projectile size

3 Likes

Or,

• Before Bounce: 0.3m grenade trigger radius
  • After Bounce: 0.2m grenade trigger radius
28 Likes

Highly doubt it. We’ve begged for the ult nerf for a year and a projectile size buff since it was nerffed because he got such a high amount of charge.

At this point, I’m going to old school Runescape. Somehow, they actually get more content a year, than Overwatch.

6 Likes

Ironman btw. Lol I still have my main and iron on there. Fun game.

@OP - Thoughts on a middle ground between the .2 and .3 projectile size?

Shoot, they can have 0.2 if the nades stop phasing through small heroes, who are already extremely difficult to hit even when you’re not cheated.

2 Likes

It takes the devs a year to buff Junkrat and a week to nerf him.

15 Likes

Ya junks issue is that many times now you have to go up against teams with 3-4 hitscans which is a nightmare for junk. Hitscan power creep is real since there are so many now.

3 Likes

…you know for a junkrat GM i thought you would be able to read the patch notes better

1 Like

They’re so incredibly slow to make changes to him.

They have the data that he sucks after they nerfed him and have barely done anything for almost a year.

It’s sad how slow that are.

3 Likes

people clearly don’t realise that junkrat isn’t meant to be a good hero. last time he was good, he was absolutely broken OP, back in season 6. people don’t want junkrat being a good hero. people want heroes like tracer, soldier, genji, widow, mccree and pharah to be good, not heroes like junkrat, torb, symm, bastion, etc. i don’t know why everyone on this forum acts like that is rocket science. low skill heroes yield low reward.

7 Likes

did i miss something?

there is a difference between good and op, junkrat was op not just good. he just needs small changes and he will be fine

1 Like

impact was 60 to 50…i hate to be that picky but…COME ON

thats what i said but in different words…

I agree he needed an ult charge nerf, however I’m iffy about the damage nerf even though i can see why. Both because current PTR Junkrat has just not gotten enough to be viable, and cause the 130 damage number pushes him back into a spot where he leaves a lot of heroes with 10-20 hp left, which can be very frustrating.
He needs his grenade consistency back (AKA 0.3 size), or if he’s supposed to have very hard-to-land shots he needs to be powerful enough to make up for the inconsistency,

Here’s a cheat sheet for differences how current buffnerf changes live-junk and 1-day-ago PTR junk

a 130 dmg nade instead of a 120 nade means that:

It takes 1 less nade to kill 250 hp heroes
1 less nade to kill Reinhardt and winston
1 less nade to kill Hammond and DVa (armor prevented 120 nades from 1 clipping them)
A lucio/mercy/zen or anyone that’s being healed by an aura gives you now like 0.25 more sec to react and shoot them if they’re trapped
Reinhardt’s shield takes 1 less nade to kill

The nerf from 140 to 130 however means that:

zarya/orisa are left at 10 and 19 hp now with 3 direct hits,
A mine+primary combo has to be perfect on 250 hp heroes or they’ll survive with 3 hp cause the fall off damage on the mine is like that sometimes
Supercharger or Nanoboost makes your shots do 195 dmg instead of 210
Torbjörn needs 2 direct primary hits instead of direct+mine cause armor leaves him with 6 hp
5 Likes

Is 10% really that much anyway?

…no…you said impact was 140 to 130, which is just plain wrong…you cna say his total damage went form 140 to 130, or his impact went from 60 to 50…but you cant try and combine the two