Jared Neuss chatting with SVB, (almost now, 11am PST)

When people make svb look edgy it means they are being too soft.

I am not entirely sure it is a political answer. I actually enjoyed what he said. I do not want to play some lame tactical shooter or corny battle royale. I am glad he is focused on making Overwatch about Overwatch. I would be startled if they randomly go in a different direction…

Pve is seriously doomed lol rip

1 Like

Not really. They could just straight up copy any of these game mode types, and mix it with existing PVE. And have something that’s decent

• GunFire Reborn: Roguelike Campaign
  • GunFire Reborn: Vampire Survivors style horde mode
  • ExoPrimal
1 Like

Speaking of disappointments, ExoPrimal was another let down. :cry:

overwatch 1 said they wanted everyone to be able to unlock pretty much everything. this event monetization is just more reason to ban these devs. we need management to work on things like balance, not recoloring skins, and then expecting people to pay insane prices for them. they did not know people were going to be pissed when they charge for a Winterland event to get more skins and then dare to say even if you put in the time you can not unlock everything. if you did not see that coming you need to be let go from the overwatch team, your disconnect is too high.

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting too much. I got my 2 weeks of enjoyment from it.

But I got 220 hours in GunFire, and I almost exclusively play that with friends, and I still will play it whenever they ask.

I went through a few games. Shot some dinosaurs. My team and I were all new, other team wasn’t, outpaced us like crazy. Then there was the awkward fight between teams at the end. Clunky as all hell.

Never did play Gunfire Reborn. I always see it come up in my Steam list.

It’s a good game.
Just make sure to turn of character voices, and remove the default gun out of the weapon swap rotation.

That said, DarkTide is usually the hordeshooter I play for Solo play, but also group play.

I’ve got DarkTide downloaded. Haven’t tried it out yet.

Well, I got 1100 hours in it. It’s pretty good. PCGamer gave it their “Best Ongoing Game” Award. It’s on PC GamePass.

Also Remnant 2 is great, I played that for about 110 hours. Also on PC GamePass. And probably one of my top 10 favorite games. (Skip Remnant 1 for now)
Kinda like Borderlands mashed up with a bit of Elden Ring.

What a joke. Calls the 1 skin per paid extra battlepass “generous”, sidesteps any mention as to why people leave more games, like trash matchmaking and stomp games to double down on awesome player penalties, again claims the Steam reviews were mostly fake, claims it’s just too hard to make a good mythic skin each battlepass because, you know, we shouldn’t expect that kind of quality, claimed he’s never heard that putting a hero in the battlepass is “paywall locking” them…

More lies, more gaslighting, more patting themselves on the back, more blaming players for the game being bad. Interview was a waste of time. Just more of the same from the “devs”.

2 Likes

It’s like you’re looking at my desktop. That’s also installed. :joy:

In fact, DarkTide’s icon is right above Remnant 2’s icon. :smiley:

1 Like

okay here’s a summary for anyone that doesn’t feel like watching

4 Likes

I stopped right there.

1 Like

This was literally the second question SVB asked

He also asked why the Mythics have downgraded in quality, what the Devs think of horrible steam reviews, brought up heroes being pay to win in the battle pass, brought up PvE taking an entire backseat, asked why the Devs think the Xmas battle pass is a good deal, etc.

But yeah…totally bootlicky question… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t say that, and the 1 skin is for the FREE version btw

The Devs already addressed this on Twitter with STATS. 90% of players never leave any games. Chronic leavers are a minority and the Devs do not want to cater to them or let them ruin other people’s games, the end. And I’m glad they put their foot down, my QP games have been heaps better since the penalties were added.

You really didn’t listen at all, did you, lol. He said a good amount of reviews were just dogpiling on but that they sifted through the noise to read reviews from real players and recognize that they had valid criticism about the game direction and changes and that they needed to listen to it even if it hurt their feelings.

It’s like the interview went in one of your ears and out the other after you put it through a “what I want to hear” filter

Again, never happened. He said that he doesn’t think all future Mythics will have the same amount of customization as the Genji skin but that they’ve heard player feedback and want to make the future ones more customizeable, and that they’ve already started changing the ones that are coming out in the future to be in line with the recent feedback. He also literally says that as an Orisa main he was dissapointed in her Mythic too because the lack of options.

Again, you are just making stuff up lol

Again you’re making stuff up LOL. He said he’s never heard the slang term “Play-walled” before that SVB used when referring to heroes being locked behind 35 wins, but laughed because it’s a funny and accurate term. They literally said they are going to make heroes not have to be purchased/unlocked in the future because of feedback.

It must be miserable only seeing the negative side of things or only hearing what you WANT to hear :woozy_face:

You play in Australia (or New Zealand) don’t you…

You understand we had this discussion before the stream even began and based on every historical interview, we weren’t wrong. SVB did good today.

I think the question is more of at the core people play these games for pvp shooter experiences and often competetive nature rather than their modes.

Like apart from die hard fans of each game the general aggregation you can see in aim communities and what not saying there is no good shooter.

People will invariably say overwatch is the toughest aim shooter but then dismiss it due to bad balance states esp the age old less mechanical heroes getting more or less equal value.

It is these kind of audience that people talk about when they mention cant you capture the market share.

The even bigger part is a lot of these audience went from here in the first place due to issues in the game.

Its less about overwatch making effort to capture a core audience of the genre than trying to be something else.

Which is why for me jared;s answer was generic and didnt address the point.

1 Like