Jared Neuss chatting with SVB, (almost now, 11am PST)

Nope, West Coast NA USA :hugs:

Then I donā€™t believe you unless your peak is mid metal ranks. Iā€™m on the west coast too and my game quality certainly has not gone up. In fact, these last 2 weeks have been some of the most mind boggling bad players Iā€™ve ever seen in this game period.

I attribute that to the leaver penalty keeping people in games, but those arenā€™t players I wouldā€™ve liked to stay in my game thatā€™s for sure.

We know how great this development team is at meeting those goalsā€¦ Iā€™ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Been GM since early OW1 :hugs:

Sorry you feel that way!

Iā€™d rather have a mid player for a 5 min QP game than be in a 4v5 for half of it, so Im glad the leaver penalties are here to stay :slight_smile:

See this is more why I donā€™t believe you.

Iā€™ve never seen backfill take more than 30 seconds to find someone on NA West. Certainly it might happen from time to time, but it hasnā€™t happened to me yet, so that would seem to be an outlier.

Anyway, I guess its good your experience has been better. Guess Iā€™m catching all the strays.

Im glad it hasnā€™t for you, it happens to me all the time mainly with tank leavers

I donā€™t think thatā€™s how it worksā€¦

That is how it works. From my point of view, itā€™s exceedingly rare. You consider it not an outlier because from your point of view itā€™s been quite common.

Without raw stats from Blizzard, canā€™t really know one way or the other.

Widow crybabies, back to minecraft

Overwatch could always use more heroes like you

imagine being some of the lowest paid devs in gaming and getting told you canā€™t get a raise cause OW hasnā€™t grown enough, while you boss says things like this.

all he has to do to make OW better, is play the game and the problems are there, glaring people in the face.

talking around problems is how you accumulate problems.

eg; if i have 4 problems and ignore them, then get 3 more, i have 7 problems.

But, if i have 4 problems acknowledge 2 and resolve them 100%, then get 3 more i only have 5.

I mean, no?

And Iā€™m saying this as somebody who thinks Iā€™ve actually figured out how to solve most the issues.

They arenā€™t obvious.

For example, hereā€™s a way to solve Hero Bans issues.
https://twitter.com/GreyFalcon_OW/status/1735744120608702710

Or a way to solve Monetization:
https://reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/17uoi3o/would_you_buy_a_subsciption_to_get_premium_coins/

Or the Balance Philosophy

Heck, hereā€™s a way to solve Sniper issues, and Support issues, and probably even buff Widow (Without removing her instakill oneshot)
https://twitter.com/GreyFalcon_OW/status/1737266214521770306

And just in general, how to solve almost all the issues with overly frustrating heroes.
Fixing how it feels against "Problem Heroes"

and this was what he was hoping for, and also why its a political answer, you talk weirdly around a subject.

no one is saying to make OW like another game, but just because nothing wants to be acknowledged as OW enough, doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t competing for peoples time.

If i play 1 game of OW and have a bad time and go watch breaking bad, a 10 year old show just won my attention, even though they are very different.

talking like this is marketing spin to try and make negatives into positives cause people go ā€˜hey yeahā€™ itā€™s basically making the subject what you want, instead of what was presented.

edit:its also why the use metrics like ā€˜monthly active usersā€™ instead of concurrent or total hours played not in q. Because i can login, play 1ā€“2 games, walk away and they can still spin it even though they just lost.

what i mean is if you play 5 games, you can tell something is wrong.

for bans, its always better to just decide a way to decide, then let jezus take the wheel. The more moving parts, the more can go wrong. (names of everyone, even team mates are hidden until selection is done.)

like in paladins they let 1-2 pick choose all the bans, and lets people trade picks, so in silver you can ban moji and lex, then steal a good character to trade if someone wants. but in masters you ban khan and makoa, then proceed the same.

what this does is it lets each rank self moderate, and honestly in 500hrs of paladins, it works great.

but its also draft.

honestly no strong feelings on the subject, i dont care how they monetize.

all they have to do to get my money is make a game i feel is worth the investment.

currently OW2 in on my rotation as filler, I just played octopath 2 for 3 hours and am 1 game in and thinking of doing something else. I dont want to invest in something this meh to trap myself.

while i donā€™t know if your, or other solutions for specific problems, are proper, i know from a baseline, that if 1 persons fun, has to make 2 other miserable, there is going to be a massive amount of unhappy once multiplied across all in a lobby.

I understand what you are saying, but I seriously do not want the game to be more like Fortnite or Apex Legends. I would be playing those games instead if I preferred them. I also feel that Blizzard gets away with murder BECAUSE he is objectively telling the truth here. Overwatch has no competition. Thatā€™s half the problem. Those games are NOT it and that is why it genuinely has no effect on Overwatch.

nobody is asking for it to be, the whole point of my previous comment is saying that, no one, is asking to make it like that.

simply, that it doesnā€™t have to be, to see other games as competition, the game doesnā€™t have to be 1:1 like another game to be competing.

if i get up and play octopath traveller, octopath just competed for my time and won. completely different game too.

EG; god only knows how many people left OW for valorant. they aint the same game, but OW lost the competition for those players attention.

1 Like