Jared Neuss chatting with SVB, (almost now, 11am PST)

Samito in interesting, because he’s very perceptive of problems with the game

But usually doesn’t understand game design well enough to articulate the root cause, and gets caught up on dumb things like “power creep” and “most powerful role”.

And he keeps trying to articulate “counterplay design that feels bad”, but he calls it “Bad balance”. Or he’s trying to describe a high ELO preference for more mechanically difficult heroes, with a higher potential for misplays, but he keeps muddling it up with phrases like “Not skillfull enough”.

Like he’s very insightful, but you gotta do a lot of translation between what he says and what he means.

1 Like

Also jarred bro has turned Twitter off so only people he follows can reply.

What this shows is people who can’t handle public interaction are being made to do it.

Maybe it’s time for whoever handles playoverwatch account to actually interact instead of posting emojis and retweeting r34 artwork.

You should leave these workers off

1 Like

Nah, he just does that on a Tweet by Tweet basis.

Does he I saw that on most tweets that aren’t retweets

Yup.

1 Like

The problem I have is this.

I think Jeff Kaplan actually played Overwatch and so I always felt that his vision was to always try and make Overwatch better.

I feel like Jared Neuss just doesn’t play Overwatch, he organises collaborations in order to make revenue for the game.

That’s his job, most Dev’s won’t be able to play the game much , even the ones that are actively involved in gameplay development.

It’s the nature of the work, you are often working on versions that are not publicly available.

Also as a marketing person as long as he understands the essence of the game, community and tries to uplift it, his job is done, him playing Orissa and griefing against junkrat mains won’t help the game any better.

Jeff was different simply cause he was a gamer at core who got a job in the industry.

He literally talked about how he plays not just regularly on PC, but makes sure to get at least one Xbox and PS5 game in per week.

Also for real, they already mentioned they are going to try to tone down burst damage and burst heals next patch.

And Bobby Kotick, in gone in the next 14 days.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OHUXVrblfJM?si=ZI046GT3eJ5DFxdZ

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_DLxAneioAzHak1A2rEQ6g2cQx4I7etU?si=Vv0cfT5qO3pykxka

So scripted lmao. I challenge them to a Q&A on the forums. Ban anything toxic, keep it civil, but force these bad hires into an actual cage match discussion they can’t leave (like QP).

An actual technical discussion AMA/Q&A, going into the details of algs, coding, rigging/matchmaking, crossplay issues, transparency, etc.

Let’s get it on record, so the lawsuits can proceed more easily.
Confident they will be absolutely called out, and stomped.

5 Likes

Given how Team 4 leadership is tone deaf and unhinged i doubt just getting rid of bobby will solve anything

3 Likes

I agree. They are take two steps forward and ten steps backwards team.

Knowing them, this means they’re nerfing the damage of D.va’s ult and the hps of Zen’s ult while also increasing both of their ult charges.

1 Like

Is there a summary anywhere, I can’t stand watching these awkward dev streams

Well, I’ll be the first to cry foul if they screw it up.

With probablya very detailed explaination of what game design concepts they are failing at.

But I got a good feeling about Season 9.

this was maybe the most important thing of the whole chat.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BitterCrazyButterAllenHuhu-cG4kjZyZC01VNiYO

“In the future you want to have everyone have access to new heroes on the launch ?” -“That is the goal.”

Well, here’s the YouTube with timestamp descriptions in the video description.

4 Likes

this is also why no one has respect for the devs lol

5 Likes

at 33 min jared just proved he doesn’t deserve his job… which is unfortunate… cause i actually like him.

He just tries to avoid negativity, which shows he doesn’t find his mistakes as important. It means he is unable to actually face his flaws…

Most people like more than 1 game and people will often only play 1 game at a time, if a dev ever has to invent why something to duck a question it bad… really bad…

it’s competing for peoples time, maybe not to take players, but at least to keep players.

sorry jared, you seem really cool, but cool =/= capable.

3 Likes

Well I’ll give you that. It was a “political” answer.

Of course Overwatch is trying to take players from other FPS games.

That said, the angle he was going for, is the way to do that is to make Overwatch be “Better Overwatch”, rather than try to make it more similar to other games.

1 Like

The main thing is if you were sure of your own game and the energy is firing on all cyclinders you can actually be cheeky in these kind of comparison question, right now if he toots his horn, the rebutals from those game devs as well as community will make him a meme.