It's Time For A Revert | Working Mass Res Mercy Workshop [WILL BE UPDATED]

Yes, they will. Just put the code in a custom game settings and play it.

2 Likes

After a long wait, and many hours of testing, Iā€™m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.6 is now available and ready to play! Major changes include more revisions to Mercyā€™s Mass Rez system, various bug fixes, as well as a new E ability! Enjoy!

Import Code: T66BM

Mass Rez (ver. 0.6)

Patchnotes:

• Resurrect system has been revamped. Improvements and QOL fixes to make resurrect ā€œsnappingā€ to a soul less jarring.
  • Mercy will now gain some added altitude / do an angelic bounce after successfully completing a rez. This is in effort to allow Mercy an escape after the rez, where sheā€™s most vulnerable.
  • Mercy can now ā€œpull soulsā€ towards her to assist with more reliable resses. Soul physics added to make their trajectory more predictable.
  • New Burst heal E-ability added: Intensive Care. Mercy can now apply a 280 hp (burst) which decays to a 180 hp/s (residual) heal on a single target within a 7 second duration. Within itā€™s duration, targets on Mercyā€™s team will have a yellow aura. Healing targets with the aura will give the additional burst heals, while other targets will get an improved 100 hp/s. This will help Mercy to maintain a tank through a choke, or allow her to provide coverage for multiple team mates close by. Team mates within her LOS but out of her healing beam range can receive a 180 burst heal. Intensive Care has a 7 second duration and a 10 second cooldown.
  • HUD information will now track the duration of E-Ability: Intensive Care (marked yellow), as well as when itā€™s cooldown (marked red). There is a refractory period between using Intensive care and Mass Rez.
  • Fixed bug where Clairvoyance would emit blue rings instead of yellow.
  • Fixed a glitch where Mercy gets her Ult instantly upon death.

Notable bugs / improvements to be worked on

HUD:

• Glitch where sometimes both ability duration and cooldown would display if Mercy rezzes while receiving a status ailment.

E-Ability - Intensive Care:

• Bug that allows Mercy to target dead souls.
  • Balance request to lower healing output.

Heroes:

• Glitch where Solider 76 begins with his ultimate already charged.

Examples of this build:

Mass Rez 0.6 Features and new E-Ability showcase

Mass Rez 0.6 vs 0.5 Comparison

Enjoy! And as always, any other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! This helps me improve with the next version! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

hey just wanted to stop by and give you props for this! Iā€™ve been trying to code my old suggestion but Iā€™m not as savvy, either way itā€™s good to see that you have a working code and that you have added some flavor to it! good job!

1 Like

Congratulations on getting over 100 subscribers on YouTube! Really excited to try use this out in the Workshop! :blush:

1 Like

My only criticism is that ā€œIntensive Careā€ is way to powerful. The concept is nice, but when Brigs pack is a static burst heal, Moiraā€™s orb is outclassed almost every second for 7 seconds every 10 seconds, Lucioā€™s Barrier and Zenā€™s ult on a single target can barely compete, Anaā€™s Nano is outclassed after 2 seconds, etc, its going to be insanely broken.

If it were me, Iā€™d suggest if its going to remain 7 second duration that the healing be a 20HPS boost with cleanse, or if its going to remain a large HPS boost make it say 100HPS but only for 2 seconds with the same 10-15 second cool down. Basically make itā€™s very clearly a burst save and doesnā€™t replace other supports or permit solo healing.

All in all though, very impressive.

1 Like

Much thanks guys! Iā€™m glad you like it! :blush:

Thanks! And oh yes, Iā€™m certainly going to lower the healing output of Intensive Care in a future update. I had the numbers all jumbled in the video, but hereā€™s a tweet regarding the correction on the actual values in 0.6:

1393 total healing (199hp/s for 7 seconds) Itā€™s still quite high though, and Iā€™ve gotten a few suggestions on how to lower it to be a bit more skill based. Currently Iā€™m settled on getting it to be a total heal of 420, or better explained by one of my more math-savvy friends:

• Set the Burst aura to be 50hp/s
  • Leave her normal healing at 55hp/s
  • Make the duration 4 seconds.

50HP/s x 4 seconds = 200 + 55HP/S x 4 seconds = 220 which = a total of 420 (hehe) combined healing!

So just over Zarya and Orisa which is fine but under Winston and Reinhardt. So it doesnā€™t make her a tank healer per se. But it does help her sustain a tank!

So the healing per second on one target would be 105HP/S.

Iā€™m not particularly partial to the duration per se, but I would like it to be more than 2 seconds. 4 seconds seems to be a nice middle ground. We settled on a 7-8 second cooldown as well which I will probably try. But do let me know what your thoughts are. Iā€™d deffo want it to be her more skill-based ability. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

5 Likes

I guess a better way to explain my thought process on it in a way that makes sense is ā€œwhen this ability is used, what can still kill the target?ā€ In a MMORPG, there should always be a way to out heal all damage coming in. In a PVP competition, healing should always be able to be outdone by the damage assuming the damage isnā€™t potato, otherwise things refuse to die and the best play then becomes to run massive HP pools and zerg the objective (AKA, the mentality that created GOATS. Despite how clever people think OWL is at creating new meta comps and tactics, this concept as well as others theyā€™ve used are well known in the game dev world, and was not a shock to any of us).

I look at Mercy + Moira healing wise and then ask ā€œwhat can I run to kill that much healingā€ and Iā€™m really struggling to find anything sane with enough omf to do it. If she can be paired with another high HPS partner it will reinvigorate a new iteration of GOATS and thats the last thing I personally want to see. Additionally, as a Mercy I still want there to be situations where I go ā€œcrap guys, I literally canā€™t do anything to stop the death, no matter how well I play my brains outā€ purely because at that point it allows the proper ability for the game to proceed and not get indefinitely stalled out.

Basically, even if I play perfectly, there needs to be a point where I canā€™t out heal the damage or OWL caliber players will just play this as moth meta 2.0 and it becomes purely which team can not mess up for the longest. Eventually as people get used to it, that will be the route all will go. I donā€™t like the idea of your work eventually hitting that wall and being faced with that kind of balance problem, hence why Iā€™m posting since its easier to tune early. We all know how much misdirected and vicious hate moth Mercy earned, and I truly want people to look at this mode as viable and not OP.

Just my 2cp.

1 Like

Messing around in the PTR with 0.6 and some easy bots (mine) and medium bots (enemy).

Intensive care is difficult to use (imo) because you cannot adjust the look sensitivity on it, but I do think I agree with Reverendpaqo that itā€™s too powerful. A shorter duration could work, but have you also considered a basic, single-target cleanse? It would help against Anaā€™s anti and Asheā€™s dynamite.

Keep up the good work! Will reply more when I get people to test with me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that 0.6 oddly spawns Soldier:76 with his ultimate automatically ready. I think that might be part of your playtesting?

1 Like

Yup, agree 100%. That is what Iā€™m aiming for in a future version. Not only in making her fun, but also balanced. Since I want it to be a burst heal, I may end up steering towards a sort of middle ground. This is just number tweaking of course, and we can always change it quite easily if itā€™s still too strong, Weā€™ll see.

Glad you like it! And yup, Intensive Care right now is too powerful. That is something currently being worked on in a future version. In terms of difficulty, it is meant to be more of a skill based ability. Currently itā€™s set to whoever on your team is closest to your reticle, in a sort of effort to have it track wherever Mercy is immediately healing. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s better ways to go about it, but at the moment Iā€™d like to balance out the healing output first and make sure itā€™s good to go before tackling the QOL. Definately a work in progress!

Also oops, yes I forgot to disable Soliderā€™s ā€œstart with Ult enabledā€ settings. That was certainly for testing purposes. Weā€™ll have that fixed in 0.7 XD

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

So, I havenā€™t posted here in like a year, or touched the game, but like, I stumbled across the news about the workshop and mass res mods by accident (Iā€™ve been actively avoiding OW news because generally seeing anything about the game just pisses me off) and itā€™s like, itā€™s strange to actually feel any sort of hope for this game for once. Hell, if you can reliably find games with mass res I might even reinstall OW.

Good luck and congrats on the Kotaku article.

2 Likes

Alrighty, got another friend to test with me as a teammate.

1. Rez animation can stop and normal Rez killfeed update can still be reactivated, but this time Iā€™m not sure what by. It didnā€™t happen nearly as much, so I wasnā€™t able to pinpoint it, but itā€™s not the same reason as before; it also didnā€™t force solo rezzes, it just acted like it did.

2. Maybe related to the above, if you attempt to resurrect someone just before they respawn, youā€™ll act out the whole ultimate but theyā€™ll still be coming back from spawn.

3. Friend was absolutely delighted when he started glowing and wouldnā€™t die. I will say I think that IC is really good for caring for stunned or channel ulting people (such as McCree, while he is also one of her counters). So, you have at least one DPS main who loves the idea!

I might suggest doing a 65h/ps on IC. Slightly more powerful than her old healing, definitely capable of sustaining someone taking a LOT of damage (as she was capable of doing this at her old 60, though that may be different now with all the new heroes and damage types), of particular use on another healer being flanked or the pushing tank.

Making them glow is also good, so people know itā€™s been used, though I think if thatā€™s combined with the glow on Clairvoyance for the other team it might make it hard to do anything after the first minute of a match, as everyone can tell what youā€™re doing- literally so.

Keep up the good work, and thank you again so much for doing this.

(Even if it is making me realize that current Mercy has forced me to always want to hideā€¦ :frowning: )

Edit: forgot some words.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m creating a list of Overwatch Workshop Community Resources, and I was wondering if I could add your Reworked Mercy to the list.

1 Like

Sure! As long as you give credit, do feel free to do whatever you wish!

Thank you for the love! :heart:

On that note, keep the skies clear, two builds are inbound! Iā€™m proud to announce that Mass Rez 0.7 & 0.7v are now available & ready to play!

Mass Rez 0.7: This update includes various bug fixes, updates to the HUD, and multiple balance patches for Intensive Care.

Mass Rez 0.7v: Contains all of the fixes in Mass Rez 0.7, but with Valkyrie as an E ability! Other fixes and improvements specific to this version has been made as well.

0.7 (Standard version) Import Code: AHWJG

Patchnotes:

Intensive Care:

• Reduced aura healing from 100 to 50. Mercyā€™s base healing during Intensive Care reduced from 99 to 55. Duration decreased from 7s to 4s. Cooldown increased from 10s to 12s.

• Mercyā€™s healing now decays to 40hp/s for 3 seconds after Intensive care before recovering. A new ā€œRecoveringā€ Message will display indicating the refractory period.

• Fixed bug where cooldown & ability would display during a status ailment.

• Fixed glitch where Soldier: 76 spawned with his ultimate ready

Mass Rez:

Fixed bug where if Mercy already did a Mass Rez, she will still try to use Clairvoyance.

• Fixed compatibility bug where Mass Rez wouldnā€™t activate correctly.

Developer Notes: Intensive Care outputted too much healing over time. This change is to give Mercy a more balanced burst heal, make the ability more situational, and should allow for more skill expression between targets.

Notable bugs to be worked on

Compatibility issue where Mass Rez wouldnā€™t activate (fixed)

Examples of this build:

Mass Rez 0.7 vs 0.6 - A Brief Overview

0.7v (Valkyrie version) Import Code: JQYS4

Patchnotes:

(0.7v is a variant of 0.7. As such, it retains the same fixes, with some notable changes)

• New E Ability - Valkyrie: Mercyā€™s Valkyrie Suit helps keep her close to teammates like a guardian angel; healing, resurrecting or strengthening them with the beams emanating from her Caduceus Staff. Mercy abilities are improved. She gains increased speed, a boost in healing, and is given flight. Duration is 4 seconds. Cooldown is 12 seconds. 360 total healing (75hp/s main beam + 15hp/s chain healing).

• HUD has been revamped to account for Valkyrie. New indicators will let the player know when Valk is on cooldown, recovering, and when it is ready.

Developer Notes: This version is a variant of Mass Rez 0.7. In this version, Mercy wields the power of Valkyrie as an E ability, along with Mass Rez as her ultimate. This build hopes to combine the best from both ultimates, but balance them in a way that is fair, and fun.

Notable bugs to be worked on

• QOL request to prevent Mercy from dying during Valkyrie. Due to the limitations of the workshop. It may be a while before this is possible. Still noted.

Examples of this build:

Welcome to Mass Rez 0 7v! In Depth Overview

I hope you enjoy, as always do let me know what bugs you find (helps me improve!) and have fun!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

6 Likes

It has been a while since i checked your last update. You have been working on it a lot! Thank you so much. Youā€™ll make a lot of people happy with this!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! It makes me glad that people are enjoying these builds, and thank you guys for playing them and offering such great feedback! :blue_heart:

Iā€™d also like to announce that I have just made Console versions of the latest builds. So for those of you experiencing issues on console, please check these out, as these versions are made specifically to be compatible with your system! For console players, look for the ā€œCNSLā€ abbreviation at the end of the version number (only updated from 0.7 onwards).

Latest Console Versions:
Mass Rez 0.7.1 CNSL version: WAE4N
Mass Rez 0.7.1v CNSL version: SAQ4F

Edit: Revised CNSL versions with some remapping / QOL fixes specific to that platform.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

3 Likes

Check this link guys
(Code:EH9VS)

Btw nice work c:
Up <3

6 Likes

Much appreciated, but if you could, please donā€™t advertise other mods in this thread. Iā€™d highly recommend making a thread of your own instead (mainly because I also use this thread to help me get feedback as I make them). Still though, certainly an amazing mod no doubt! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Edited for clarity

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

This is the closest thing Ive seen to old mercy and its amazing. Definitely giving it a try later.

1 Like

I used this code in a public custom game and EVERYONE who tried it said it was the closest version of Mass Rez theyā€™ve ever seen. This code is awesome!

2 Likes

Wow, it was the closest version of Mass rez Iā€™ve ever seen, congratulations.