It's Time For A Revert | Working Mass Res Mercy Workshop [WILL BE UPDATED]

I think the hand movement is probably from normal resurrect being used in conjunction w/ a radius resurrect, correct? It’s too bad there isn’t a way to animate the character without doing that. It would also be nice if the kill feed would show everyone who go resurrected. - Those are more Workshop wishlist things though.

(Although there might be a way to add to the kill feed with HUD text. When I was playing around with it every time I created a HUD entity on the right it stacked like it does in kill feed.)

I was thinking an interesting way to balance mass resurrect is if it also brought back enemy souls within the radius as well. So you’d have to be extra careful when using it.

1 Like

Heya! And thanks! I’m glad you like it!

And that’s currently a bug that’s being worked on. CyMister is pretty spot on here on why that happens.

It basically uses the LOS/radius from Rez on E (Whichis 5 meters) for the animation to be triggered, so that’s why you won’t see the hand unless she’s right on top of a soul. This is something that isn’t changeable at the moment, so I’m exploring some workarounds on how to fix it so it triggers anywhere within that 15m pulse. It’s a stubborn piece of code to work with (like the Slow) since this would actually be like changing how her ability functions (which isn’t open source to the workshop), but if anyone is able to figure this out that would be amazing. From what I’ve seen it’s still not something that can be changed… Yet. >:)

That’s also something in progress. Hopefully we get more flexibility in the HUD features to allow this to work more fluidly. I don’t know of any examples of anyone being able to do this yet (and if there are any that anyone knows of, please let me know). But that’s certainly something that would be amazing to incorporate in the future. More tinkering in the meantime I suppose!

If you have an import code of that I’d love to see it and credit your discoveries if I’m able to get it working in my build. Do keep me posted!

Funnily enough that was actually a bug in 0.2. I made a tweet about it haha :smile:

Since I feel that her rez without invulnerability already kind of makes it pretty weak, I don’t plan on going that route with this build anymore in the future, but do feel free to grab the import code from 0.2 and improve upon it / tweak it to your liking! One man’s bug is another man’s feature etc. etc. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I legitimately laughed out loud, when I saw this post.

#bringbackbarrierbastion

1 Like

After some quick testing, I’ve found that if no dead allies are in range, it will show an enemy icon instead.

1 Like

True, I believe that’s due to the limitations of the Icon / HUD system, but I thiiiinkkkk it can be fixed. Either way, I’m kind of debating on whether or not this should be a feature of her Clairvoyance ability, or removed. Let me know how you guys feel about it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I am on console and I can’t test it. Mass Rez Mercy is truly the Mercy some of us missed. Huge shout out to the devs for implementing this kind of feature, and I can’t wait for it to be improved in the following years.

7 Likes

The HUD is finiky. I was able to get [NAME] [ICON] [ICON] [NAME] by nesting “STRING” inside the “Text” porition of the HUD. One idea I had was using “Header” and then list up to 6 hero icons in a row to show who was resurrected… but deeply nesting “STRING” seems to crash. Or maybe I did something wrong.

I seem to remember the “Kill” action showing the killed player in the feed. I haven’t played with it much, but does that have some sort of “source” parameter so it doesn’t look like you killed yourself? Either way, I would think Resurrect should get the same treatment. Perhaps a bug?

1 Like

I believe it’s been confirmed that we’ll have cross-compatibility with console players (It’s up in the air I think), but I agree, that would be amazing and console players need these features as well. There’s a growing line of people on console that want to try this version of Mass Rez and I’ll be more than happy to deliver once that opportunity comes. If not I’ll be sure to post screenshots so console players can copy what I have (or push comes to shove, just make a console version myself if need be) :blush:

Defianetly a bug that’s being worked on, there’s been many people I’ve seen who were complaining on how the HUD is causing crashes, and there’s some codes that don’t seem to work at all, like the “Set Ultimate Charge” Action which outputs “Restricted value not found” no matter what you do with it.

I assume that this will be more fleshed out in the future so I’m kind of being extremely careful to not mess with it too much in my builds until they figure that out.

Also I’m interested in playing around with what you have if you don’t mind. It sounds cool! Let me know!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I’m rly confused as to what clairvoyance is and what it’s purpose is

I love the sound of this, I’m gonna try it now

1 Like

Anyone want to play vs some AI in the Americas? Looks like there’s basically no one on at the moment

It was their thoughts regarding the forum post itself, not the effort or game mode. The title was a bit unnecessary, to say the least.

Changing the title was not their intention, it’s clear to them they have no power in doing so, furthermore, your assumption on their intention is regarded as invalid. Not to mention, it wasn’t much of an argument, it was more of their opinion than anything else.

I don’t see why your comments should be validated either. It’s unnecessarily aggressive. Please keep in mind that not everyone will like everything, don’t take it as a surprise and overreact.

2 Likes

Apologies, I’ve had to deal with threads getting severely derailed by that individual before and am a bit quick to anger when people jump into any thread where Mercy is so much as mentioned to begin arguing against it, often with statements that are ignorant at best, and designed to completely derail the conversation at worst.

5 Likes

I’m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.4 is now available and ready to play! This one is a little bit more robust that the previous versions. Notable changes are fixes to how Mass Rez functions, HUD revisions, and patches to previous bugs / glitches.

Mass Rez (ver. 0.4)

Import Code: Y00K6

Patchnotes:

• Revamped Mercy’s Mass Ressurect System. Mercy is now much less likely to ressurect without using her hand animation during Mass Rez. Any souls within Mass Rez’s radius will be zipped to her location and Mercy will turn towards the souls closest to her within her range. This tracking is added to allow for more chances of the res to perform correctly, making resses from greater than 5 meters more reliable.
  • Mass Rez and Clairvoyance LOS has been tweaked to not activate while in mid-air when Mercy is killed or during boops.
  • HUD now displays more information during ressurection. A message showing the number of players Ressurected and an icon showing a dead team mate within the abilities range.
  • Clairvoyance’s passive ability of identifying the number of dead souls. Tweaked to now try to identify the closest live ally, enemy, and rezzable souls within it’s range.
  • Fixed a glitch where the HUD will display Mercy’s icon if she dies.
  • Fixed a glitch where Mercy Rezzes herself or enemies if she is killed while trying to Mass Rez team mates.
  • Added small Impulse to teleported souls to assist with tracking of the Mass Rez system.

Notable bugs being worked on so far

Resurrect:

• Sometimes Ult stays charged if Mercy attempts a rez within 5 meters. This bug is a result of a workaround to the non-working “Set Ult Charge function,” and will probably not change until that function becomes usable.

• Bug that occurs where if Mercy is stunned when rezzing, sometimes the rez doesn’t cancel and still goes through. Example: If hog hooks a rezzing Mercy while still in her range.

HUD:

• Glitch where if Mercy dies while attempting to Mass Rez, it will still display the number of players Mercy attempted to bring back. Will be worked on in a future patch.

Examples of this build:
Test 1 - Dying before Rez completes does not bring Mercy or souls she attempted to rez back (Note that only one soul was brought back instead of 3)

Test 2 - Showing the new Mass Rez mechanic

Enjoy! And other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

6 Likes

Will you be that kind and make her cast time little bit quicker like in that video?

I think it was in 2:09.
3 Likes

Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

While I haven’t been able to test with humans - it looks like that won’t be possible on the PTR as basically no one is playing :stuck_out_tongue: - I tried a bit with hard AI in normal game modes (plus your mercy changes). It’s better than before :slight_smile:

Some changes I would suggest:

• 60 HPS. 55 HPS just isn’t enough. Granted this is AI so my team is generally suicidally stupid with positioning, target priority and trickling in but then that is realistic for the vast majority of humans so I think it would hold true for them as well :stuck_out_tongue: I found team mates tended to die whether or not I was healing them and die swiftly. I tested it with 60 HPS and while I didn’t always save them I did feel like it was important I contributed. It also meant ult charge wasn’t too slow.

• The cast time on the ult should be reduced. In situations where you want to rez 3+ people I learned to avoid using the ult as alas it has the same issue as e rez but without potential team mates to shield you. I don’t know how much but one thing is sure, you don’t want to be sitting still when you’re in a situation you want to rez that many people. In essence unless the fight was already won or we clearly had the upper hand it wasn’t safe.

• For this:

I understand why it’s there but it’s weird when the closes person is an enemy, not visible or otherwise is not the target you see closest too you and you’re aiming at to rez. It’s pretty jarring so I’d prefer the bugginess to the camera rotation.

Please keep adding updates! I look forward to seeing what you do next! It’s definitely better each time :slight_smile:

1 Like

After reading lots of your guys’ wonderful feedback (many thanks by the way!) I’m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.5 is now available and ready to play! Major changes include a revamp to Mercy’s Mass Rez system to make her feel more floaty and fluid, as well as fixes to make Clairvoyance’s HUD more responsive / extensive, along with some other patches to previous bugs / glitches and a bit of QOL fixes.

Import Code: CJW2F

Mass Rez (ver. 0.5)

Patchnotes:

• Resurrect system has been updated to Make mercy feel more floaty, responsive, and fluid. Movement and aim are now much less restricted during her cast.
  • Mercy will now slowly lift off the ground for a brief period during Mass Rez.
  • Clairvoyance and the HUD has been updated to display in real-time and more accurately.
  • Clairvoyance will now show enemy player icons / souls nearby in a separate box in red, as well as a number showing how many are within Mercy’s immediate vicinity. Friendly team mates and souls will remain in yellow.
  • Fixed bug where HUD would display redundant information when Mercy gets a status effect, such as getting hooked by Roadhog or hacked by Sombra.
  • Fixed a glitch where the HUD will display Mercy’s icon if she dies.
  • Improved ult charge tracking when Mercy attempts to rez a soul within 5 meters.
  • Improved tracking of teleported souls towards Mercy within her range.
  • Most CC will now interrupt Mercy during Mass Rez.

Notable bugs to be worked on

Resurrect:

• Bug where if Mass Rez is performed at the edge of the radius, Mercy gets a boost of speed and / or height.
  • Bug where Mercy would sometimes only rez 1 person while still having ult charge.
  • Bug that prevents Mercy from gaining Ult charge or walking if she is stunned at the end of a round mid Rez.
  • Snapping to a dead teammate while rezzing can be jarring / confusing.

Examples of this build:
Test 1 - Comparison between 0.4 and 0.5 Rez mechanics

Test 2 - Demonstration of 0.5 HUD system update

Enjoy! And other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

10 Likes

I was testing it earlier with a friend!

1: We definitely encountered the “Reset” glitch. It occurred specifically when one particular soul blocked LOS to the others, resulting in the blocked one being the only one rezzed, and forcing Rez back to it’s E settings. Switching heroes and switching back to Mercy fixed it. We also noticed that when this happened, Mercy’s walk-bobbing animation didn’t play for the person playing as Mercy.

2: Sometimes, if you played as Mercy, switched to another hero and ulted, Mercy’s ult sparkles would appear on the ulting hero. Let me tell you, being meteor struck by a sparkly Doomfist was hilarious.

3: The camera snaps occasionally when you begin your rez, making it really confusing about where you are in the map- especially paired with the rise.

4: The cast time still feels like a bit much since you’re unable to fight or heal, especially paired with the 3rd note I made.

2 Likes

Also to answer some questions :blush:

There’s a lot of questions I’ve received about speeding up her res cast time. Sadly, cast times aren’t directly editable at the moment, without cutting off part of her animation.

So while it’s possible to bring back team mates before she completes her hand animation for a faster cast, and is something I’ve tried many times, doing so will abruptly stop the hand animation a lot sooner. This would be jarring / confusing to play as it’s not clear when her rez starts and completes, so until they add cast-time editing, I’m reluctantly left to avoid adding workarounds that cut off her hand animation for the moment.

Not being able to edit cast times are a huge bummer and really has been an obstacle me and many other workshop creators have been facing, so hopefully they’ll notice this and add some triggers that let us set cast times in a future update.

That’s something I hope to fix in 0.6. Thanks for pointing that out!

I tried recreating that but haven’t seen it. If you’re able to get a video of that happening let me know! That does sound pretty funny. :blush:

I agree, it can get a bit confusing. The snapping of the camera system is basically put in place to make rezzing a team mate more reliable from a distance. I’m currently exploring some workarounds though, and that’s something I hope to address in a future update.

See previous answer regarding cast times.

Any other bugs / glitches / oddities that anyone finds with these builds, do let me know. This constructive feedback helps me improve for the next version! :blue_heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Okay, I just want to put it out there, but wow. This is so damn awesome. When workshop goes live (I’m a console player), does anyone know if pc games and console games will be connected? I’d love to play this, I miss old mercy so much

3 Likes