"It's just QP" should be punishable

i know how you feel i tried to play Mercy even though it is pointless because they nerfed her so much but i also ran into a horrible team that would not protect the one who can heal them and damage enemy players some in my opinion need to learn to work as a team as a well coordinated team will win

1 Like

Again, you are saying that the most important thing in this game is who has the fastest internet connection and SSD. You are saying the person who instalocked dps first is being a team player because he got there first, thus he is not responsible for making a proper team comp, that is the problem for people with slower computers.

6 Likes

For all intents and purposes… “it’s just quickplay” is an idiom for “I don’t have to play the game…”, so it should already be an offense under non-cooperation.

7 Likes

Au contraire mon ami, “it’s just quickplay” is a brief and polite way of saying “leave me alone and play your own hero, I am not your subservient npc”.

17 Likes

wrong. It means I don’t have to switch my hero or try in order for us to win the game

4 Likes

According to OP “It’s just quickplay” is the response given to justify a character choice … Character choice is not an offense. It is not against the rules. Unless someone is simply throwing themselves off a cliff THEY are NOT throwing. Grow up.

In the case given by OP “Its just QP” is an idiom for “I don’t have to pick the characters other people like right now.” If they are still PLAYING then there is NOTHING wrong with it. If you want people to take team comp somewhat seriously then deal with having a number next to your name like the rest of us.

10 Likes

New or just-QP-practice Widows – it’s throwing if they can’t hit heads and still refuse to switch.

Mine gets occasional gold objective time :stuck_out_tongue: But I also make it a point to practice CQC and hook snipes with Widow since this is the only way you can learn how to counter flankers in your face.

However you paint it, you can still file it under being non-cooperative.

1 Like

There’s a longer queue time in the arcade isn’t it? That’s why I think quickplay is where lots of people test out lots of characters even if there are 6 dps running.

This is obvious sarcasm but I still feel like I’m missing something.

ok ,something is very wrong if you have gold obj time as widow

Sounds like you didn’t actually read my post, then, since I didn’t even mention character selection in the OP.

1 Like

If one-tricking isn’t reportable in comp ,then not switching in QP isn’t ,no matter how you paint it this is false reporting.

10 Likes

seen this thread before and im just gonna say the exact same thing
in my opinion, i don’t believe that choosing a non-optimal hero counts as throwing in quick play. when someone believes that and flames them. their response is its just qp. that is just a form of defense and truly not an excuse. i use it when people are attacking others, usually support players xd. all i am asking is to chill. im not throwing or just not trying. this is probaly what a majority of the people mean when they say its qp.

5 Likes

Haha you got me, I goofed. Point still stands as almost everyone supporting you says it’s based on character choice. I had thought you’d mentioned character choice, as everyother post on the topic has. Main point still stands to who I was replying too. Hero selection is not throwing. Not playing the game to your standards is not throwing. If they are trying to play the game, they are not throwing.

4 Likes

quick play is less competitive than arcade now. No rewards like loot boxes, who’s going to try to win rather than having fun?

It doesn’t really matter how you view it personally. As I mentioned earlier, for all intents and purposes - it should already be an offense.

It doesn’t matter what you view it as personally ,devs said one-tricking isn’t reportable (and by using common sense ,doing this isn’t either.)

Though weather this SHOULD be or not ,it shouldn’t.

I shouldn’t have to have the fastest hand in the west to get a chance at picking what I want to play in a relatively casual mode.

1 Like

Fair enough! It has diverged rather far from the vexatious lack of teamwork that I initially posted.

I only say this when I’m playing an ‘‘off meta’’ hero, and still get told to switch because it’s not working. I think I can play whatever I like to, especially in QP. I’m trying my best to win, too.

1 Like

Agreed – I routinely get on my team’s case when they’re standing back while I’m sniping on top of the payload. But if that’s what I have to do to squeak out a win, then so be it.