"It's just QP" should be punishable

6 players choose a DPS hero. Who does the reporting, and who gets reported?

1 Like

I play comp with a set group that can’t always play at the same times.

I shouldn’t have to go play comp to have a game that doesn’t have people playing so poorly that they’re almost the sole reason we lose lmao

“widow, can you take out the other widow?” “relax dude, its qp, I am not even trying.” (exact words from a game yesterday) I dont get this mentality, why even play the game if you are not gonna try?? That lack of motivation is completely foreign to me; IDC if it’s qp. The literal objective of the game is to win. That is the job you take on in choosing to play. Either fulfill the games purpose and do everything you can to win or don’t play. It’s like sitting down with someone and playing a game of Chess and they decide not to try. Like, why waste my time and play if you aren’t gonna try…it’s extremely rude and infuriating.

2 Likes

So your frustration is people playing badly? That’s hardly something you or anybody could fix.

You said, and I quote

If you want people that try their hardest to win against people close to your skill level, then go to comp. You don’t have to play comp for the rank. Some just prefer comp over QP (like me).

You can solo queue if you want as well, you might not have the same level of coordination than a pre-stack, but you can still try.

Quick Play is suppose to be a queue for people that just want to hop into a game and not be burdened by people screaming at them to swap or to get a chance to play their favorite hero that they might not get to play in comp. No, it isn’t just practice for comp. You can use it that way, but it’s suppose to be a casual queue where team comp isn’t everything and you can play what you want.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you aren’t understanding…

OP is talking about people building crappy team comps and how people play stupid and brush it off because “it’s just qp”

I want to always have a fair match with people who try, even in quickplay, and part of trying is building a decent team composition. I don’t want to have to go to comp where there is a ranking to have people who want to build a decent team composition lmao. I have my reasons for that but I don’t need to have an explanation. Why is it wrong to want people to try to win in quickplay by building a decent comp and not going 5 DPS with 1 healer lmao.

btw I never said it was practice for comp. I don’t know how or where you got that idea from.

3 Likes

Well then, I have news for you.

Tough luck.

What the people you say “it’s just QP” are trying to tell you is that you shouldn’t get so worked up about losing the game, because you don’t get punished for losing in QP. Sure it might feel bad to lose, but to try to order aound other players like it’s a competitve match in a casual queue, most will ignore you, or they’ll mess with you like me and my friends do sometimes.

Example “Can you guys stop throwing we need more healing”

“Got it man, (Swaps to 5 supports) WE NEED MORE HEALING GUYS”

You can’t force people to play a certain comp. You can encourage it, which the game already does.

You gotta learn to just roll with it man. Some of the most fun games I’ve had is where we go Torb Sym Bastion on attack and make the payload a tank.

And I was simply just refering in general to the idea of QP being practice for comp. Not to you actually saying (which I know you didn’t).

There is “It’s just qp” as in “I want to play the hero that I want to play and I won’t fret about playing perfectly, and I want to try to win my way but it’s okay if I don’t, relax” and then there is the situation you are describing, which is kind of extreme. I’m sorry that you stumbled upon this and I understand your frustration. The people (most of us I think?) who defend the “It’s just qp” mentality DO NOT endorse this kind of behavior. You are right in that you shouldn’t play if you don’t have the motivation to try.

Who says I’m getting worked up???

My dude, stop making assumptions about me especially when I never said anything like that. You and I have never had interactions prior to this, so stop making assumptions. From a damn month old post, no less.

Overwatch is a team-based game.

People in quick-play who do not act as a team, even if it is only quickplay, because “it’s just quickplay” ruin the fun for me as well as many other people by not playing in a team-oriented fashion.

Do I get worked up? No, I have plenty of tools at my disposal to ignore it - I can play arcade, I can play other games, I can go outside, etc. etc. Do I enjoy said matches as much as ones where we actually try and have a close game? Not even close.

I said I don’t want to have to go into competitive mode to play a game where people try - and building a team comp is fundamental.

If people disagree, that is fine. They are entitled to their opinion. But that is how I feel. There’s honestly no point trying to persuade me, and making assumptions about anything that I said or didn’t say is ridiculous on your part.

I do not have disdain for people who play qp differently nor do I think they’re bad players and need to be reported. It simply ruins my subjective, personal fun when we get rolled because 5 DPS.

1 Like

If I join a game of QP because I want to practice my Genji and there are several other people who are also there to play a DPS what am I supposed to do? Waste 10+ minutes of my time not being able to practice what I went there to?

There’s a million possibilities of how that scenario could play out i don’t have an answer.

Ideally if none of the players are a turd, they’ll play around you so you can practice.

But LITERALLY IT’S A COMMENT FROM A MONTH AGO.

I’ve noticed at high MMR QP basically everyone is a ranked or competitive team player there to practice, so everyone else is doing the same thing as me.

Like i said. Over and over. It’s my subjective feelings on it. You’re asking for objectivity on my subjective feelings from a month ago. :roll_eyes:

The post I was responding to is from an hour ago.

Still my subjective feelings on qp. I do not find 5 dps team comps fun. Getting rolled is not fun. Like…thats it.

Those are subjective to me and that is how i feel.

End discussion lmao you’re allowed to have your own feelings and I’m not trying to persuade you otherwise.

Being told what I should play in QP never goes down well, trying to play hanzo in comp is like trying to get into a 5 star hotel naked.

I don’t exactly care what people play in QM because I assume most people are trying to practice X hero or are playing their favourite hero

If you want matches with team you consider competitive there is a whole game mode named after what you want

As long as no one is throwing I see no problems with 6 dps as the time I use on the hero holds more value than which word I see at the end of the game

This thread has seen continuous activity during the month since its creation. Plus, it’s an argument that continually pops up in the forums. Therefore, it’s still a relevant subject.

Understood, good sir

Wrong. You can pick whatever hero you like (even if your playing badly with them) so long as your trying to win.

Why do statements like this keep appearing…?

3 Likes

Or you can review the evidence when a player appeals. What matters is that there is evidence.

Look up Bayes’ Theorem and consider how ban-happy you are. Your mileage may well vary.

Your definition of teamwork is overly skewed towards what helps the team win. In my example, no player wanted to play Support or Tank and that two players wanted a Support. Clearly, the compromise was that no player played Support and every player got to play DPS. The “winning is everything” attitude is for Competitive, we’re talking about Quick Play.

I am working with them, they need not work with me for that to occur.

You may want that but you are willing to coerce them into playing the way you want (i.e. teamwork or Arcade). That mentality is why I am against it.

If you are going to assume something, it’s best to base it in prior experience. If your prior experience of Quick Play has shown a lack of teamwork I think it’s reasonable to assume a lack of teamwork. Don’t you assume such to justify your position?

Teamwork is more than picking an optimal team composition and sometimes they’re mutually exclusive.

If they were sufficiently dissatisfied they would communicate and find a more satisfactory composition. The current composition is a compromise; you seem to disagree.

It absolutely does. By reporting, the player is unwilling to compromise by accepting that the team wishes to play a composition and finding a way to support it. They are intolerant of other perspectives.

To quote the ingame report option:

What is Poor Teamwork?
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion (I.E. "This team is horrible).

Poor Teamwork is not
Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat.

Given that we’ve been discussing poor teamwork in regards to composition this definition would not cover it without significant reinterpretation.

omg ppl play quick play to have fun sometimes you win sometimes you dont but alot of it is to get away from comp not go towards it

1 Like