"It's just QP" should be punishable

It could be called Qompetitve Practice.

“The rage they’re experiencing after every time I kill them”?

lolwut? Bud, it’s a game. That sounds like revenge smut or something there. I don’t care if I’m getting stomped by a Winston. If I keep getting whacked by you, I’m gonna turn it from practicing shots to practicing proper evasion. There’s literally no rage at all. Seriously, that’s weird and very childlike. I’m sure there are some people who get frustrated that heavy at a moment like that (I have my moments from time to time), but it isn’t a regular occurrence.

1 Like

Theres also a difference between “practicing a hero” and “bashing your head against a wall multiple times”, just so you know.

Also, what kind of “practice” are we talking about? Because most DPS practices can be done in FFA for sure so if you want to practice teamwork, which should be your first priority in Comp and not your widow mechanical skills for example … you should work in a team and when your pick doesnt work, switch instead.

The truth is that QP is 85% of the time 2 snipers + fillers and thats absolutely not even close to Comp so there is no “real practice” there. Honestly i dont care if you are bad with Winston or Road and you feed because your positioning is awful, that can be trained and i can give you pointers via comms for example if you are in my team but just choosing to “practice” widow/hanzo/mei and do literally nothing the whole match and just say “chill bruh its QP” when asked to switch is just silly and not a “practice”.

I hope you see where many of us are coming from. Its annoying to see people that should be in arcade playing in QP and use the same excuse over and over again when they get bashed and they dont give an F about the rest of the team.

6 Likes

usually when that happens i decide to go for achievement, i understand you so much

1 Like

He said he wanted to practice his hero and you could do that better in deathmatch and besides what kind of comp matches has 5 dps?

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE it when I play as supports in QP. Playing mercy is a blast when your team gives 0 f*cks about your health and then complain as the enemy genji and tracer are t-bagging your dead body right outside your spawn. Then you lose the match and have to deal with your team complaining and enemy laughing at your face “heheheh ez. hahaha gg ez lol noobs”.

1 Like

A really, really bad one. But it’s more about learning things about how players interact with the map and objectives. That and not every hero would even be suited to DM.

I don’t know how you do it. Playing support in QP is just an awful experience. I am a tank main so I end up usually being the solo tank on a QP team, and I’ll be lucky if our team even has 1 healer, much less 2. So every now and then if someone has already selected a tank, instead of going 2nd tank I will choose our ONLY healer. I am most comfortable playing Lucio and Moira.

The other day, I was doing my best to solo heal as Lucio on a team with 1 or 0 tanks, I can’t remember. Our Genji, who was trash, kept going into the entire enemy team solo, and tried to Dragonblade against the entire enemy team solo, TWICE. So I wasted a soundbarrier ult trying to protect him so he’d get the most from his ult, but I got pinned by a Reinhardt instead.

Okay, probably my fault for being baited by my own teammate, but still. I was called a trash Lucio/healer by this Genji who wasn’t doing anything on our team. Not to mention the Widowmaker and Hanzo we had. Sorry but no thanks - I’ll stick to tank.

2 Likes

Arguments like this are, in my opinion, stemmed from the fact that the devs are trying to make this game an esport.

No one complained when QP was crazy before the change to hero stacking and comp being added. Adding comp just made the game horribly toxic.

1 Like

You see, I hate doing it but i have to do it. I care about winning and playing DPS would make me lose every game.

Trust me, I’m not joking when I say that playing support in QP actually just makes me even more depressed than I already am.

1 Like

ALL the modes allow you to pick a 5th DPS if there are already 4… Heck, even a 6th DPS if there are already 5… Hero picks are not reportable. If your statement held true, then at 4 DPS picks, DPS would be locked out… derp

“it’s just arcade”
“it’s just a game”
“it’s only monday”
“it’s high noon”
“It”'s a good horror movie
all should be punishable

2 Likes

I agree. So there appears to be no way to “design” a report system to prevent misuse.

How would you sort them into different servers? By password protection?

Or like “Competitive” for serious teamplayers who want to play for their rank, “Quick Play” for serious teamplayers who want to train for ranked and “Arcade” for a more relaxed and casual style of play?

I understood your “measurable” as “recordable”. My response works with both words.
So is it even significant whether it’s recordable or not?
Should people in Competitive not be punished for poor teamwork (or whatever detrimental behavior you can imagine) just because it’s not recordable by an algorithm? There would be no report system if only recordable things would be punishable.
And of course if it’s not recordable we have to rely on human decisions.

Still don’t get where you wanna go with that question.
There are many lines and many parallels:

• A) refers to Reinhardt B) refers to Mercy.
  • A) refers to your positioning and timing relative to your team B) refers to your hero choice relative to your team
  • A) is poor teamwork B) can be poor teamwork if it results in a disfunctional team due to your decision
  • A) is your decision B) is your decision
  • A) tells me if you actually play to win, if your decision is at the expense of your team B) tells me if you actually play to win, if your decision is at the expense of your team
  • A) a good (i.e. not poor) teamplayer wouldn’t make this decision B) a good (i.e. not poor) teamplayer would only make this decision if the hero he chooses instead is benefitial to the team

How does that work?
When you made a decision that didn’t help your team win then it actually doesn’t help your team win.
When it actually does help your team win, you didn’t make a decision that didn’t help your team win.
“Help your team win” doesn’t mean everyone on the losing team automatically didn’t help win at all.
But there’s a HUGE difference if you lose because everyone didn’t care about the match and their team or if you lose because you gave everything, had nice teamwork, but in the end the opponents just happened to be better. Maybe this is the line you were asking for before?

Well…if a player says “sorry, shouldn’t have done that” it’s probably no conscious decision.
If a player however says “It’s only qp, you tryhard”, it’s a big red flag that tells me that guy doesn’t even WANT to try.

I see where your worry comes from, but look at competitive in its current state: Sure, there are quite some people who are toxic against non-meta hero choices. But I haven’t heard from one single case of someone being banned just because they didn’t play meta.
I don’t think that is a rational argument that should teach us that reporting poor teamplay will result in extinguishing non-meta play.
Empirically it doesn’t do that, so there’s no reason to believe it will do that in QP.

So your point is that if we just define well enough what poor teamwork is, then there’s no problem using the report system for it and then it should be punishable also in QP?

What does that mean?
You can narrow down a definition. But as long as a situation matches this definition you have the reason to use it over another option that doesn’t match it right in front of you.

My point was not what mode attracts more players of a certain kind but what mode is suitable to a certain kind of player.
I don’t know (or care) if FFA modes attract more competitive or more uncompetitive people.
Anyways, these modes are a way to play the game AS COMPETITIVELY AS YOU WANT without pissing off teammates.
So if fun is your highest goal, you can hang out in FFA modes where nobody cares about how competitive you take the match.
I don’t get why people looking for fun-only-no-tryhard go into QP instead of these modes, even if it may also appeal to extremely competitive players.

We’ve all had a couple of these weird matches. The usual case is that it doesn’t work.
I don’t care if my team can make it work. But usually they can’t. We don’t have to discuss about the one in a million case where it coincidentally works, do we? Wouldn’t report them if it does work.
This is about the usual case where people just don’t give a damn.

I agree. And yet I’m confused how we can disagree on the matter of hero choice.
Isn’t it a sign of respect/teamwork to choose heros based on what your team composition looks like?
Isn’t it a sign of disrespect/poor teamwork to just pick whatever because you don’t want to practice mechanical skill somewhere else (e.g. in Arcade) and apparently don’t want to practice softskills/teamwork at all?
Isn’t it a sign of disrespect/poor teamwork to just assume nobody is gonna expect teamwork because some people think a separate ranked mode justifies them ignoring teamwork in an unranked teambased gamemode?
I don’t know where “playing Mercy every game” comes from. Nobody ever defined good teamwork as that or poor teamwork as the contrary.

What the hell? This is not an eye-for-eye-tooth-for-tooth-thing?!
Either you see a problem with poor teamwork or not. Why would you counter-report just because you have been reported? That is misuse of the reporting system.
And sure, if a person doesn’t give a single damn about teamwork, then it (the report!) will be one-sided, because they don’t see any reason to report while teamworkers will see a reason. However, this one-sidedness doesn’t imply the one-sidedness you tried to imply:
It isn’t like one person has the right to force everybody else to accomodate them. The intention is that everybody accomodates to their teammates, including the teamplayer who chooses to report someone else.
The report may be one-sided, yes (duh!). But teamwork is not!

It does reflect your skill in the matches you played in ranked.
A training session shouldn’t count towards your skill rating.
Like in any tournament.

Nothing easier than that:
Team Machine-Gun: Moira, Sombra, Winston, Dva, Genji, Zen
Team Butter-Knife: Hanzo, Widow, Genji, Tracer, Doomfist, Torbjörn
Disclaimer: It is not impossible for Team Butter-Knife to win. However it undeniable that the chances are: Team Machine-Gun will have the upper hand (of course when not assuming a Top 500 Butter-Knife-Team against a Bronze Machine-Gun-Team, but that comparison is offtopic/irrelevant anyways)

We all know that. We all know there’s an off chance that Team Butter-Knife wins. We all have had a couple of these weird matches.
Nobody ever said that team composition is everything (please don’t put these words into our mouths!) and that you can’t possibly lose when you have the better team comp than the opponents.
But - you can’t deny that team composition is one (of many) determining factors for winning or losing.
Doesn’t mean the game is immediately lost.
But it means you ARE gonna be at a disadvantage. And that is a decision that doesn’t help but compromise your team.

Compromising your team in a teambased gamemode IS poor teamwork by definition. Can we agree on that or is there any reason as to why compromising your team would not be defined poor teamwork (no matter how much you may want this behavior to be allowed)?

???

1. Whatever you think is easiest to do in online forums doesn’t prove how easy it is for others to do.
  2. Whatever people do in online forums doesn’t disprove how much effort they make to pick a good comp and to group up with their teammembers in an actual match.

Nah.

That’s like saying: “Running off the edge of the map and dying over and over isn’t reportable! If it wasn’t an intended course of action, the game would just teleport you back up to the ledge! You wouldn’t -able- to run off the side and kill yourself”.

I feel bad for the people you get paired with, as you sound extremely toxic. :unamused:

lmao - how do I sound toxic? I have one of the fastest load times into the game, so according to the “it’s the last person to pick’s fault” mentality, I’m golden. Point of the matter is, hero picks will never be a reportable offense. It even says so in the tooltip for the Teamwork report feature. If you are going to report the last person’s pick because it isn’t what you want, make sure to report the other four plus yourself for also not filling that role. BTW, you sound extremely toxic for thinking you can bully people’s picks with threatened reports… of their picks…

1 Like

Ranked? You can play without a mic.

Not about picks, friend, it’s about the role.

If the team needs a healer to be able to actually work towards the objective of the game mode, pick whatever healer you want! No one can report you for picking Ana over Mercy over Lucio over Moira… so on and so forth.

If you refuse to cooperate and communicate with your team, aka ignoring the fact that teamwork and composition are crucial to working towards an objective in game modes where that is pertinent, then yeah you can be reported. Lack of cooperation / communication / teamwork is absolutely explicitly reportable.

Again, try and suicide over and over again during matches, claiming that since it exists as a game mechanic its obviously an intended viable course of action, and see how not-reported that gets you.

Please keep your toxicity out of objective based play. :heart:

Again, my hardware ensures that I’m one of the first to load into any given match. You look at my comp, you’ll see I play mostly support… you look at my QP, you’ll see I play mostly hitscan. Regardless, I load first, I generally pick while others are still loading. So, in accordance with the mentality that is being presented of “last to pick is at fault”, I’m always in the clear. However, you’ll never see me crying about someone’s pick, because it is expressly in the tooltip for Teamwork that it isn’t reportable… perhaps you should read that? You, on the other hand, are exactly the type to cry about people’s picks (case in point, these comments). You are exactly the type to harass someone in game regarding their decision to be the last pick and NOT choose that healer or tank that you wanted them to. You, are the exact definition of a reportable person for griefing someone’s pick. Your own thoughts on the matter label you the toxic one. If the team needs a healer, there are 5 other people in the group capable of switching. Am I going to cry about them not switching? Nope, it’s QP… are you going to cry about them switching, I’m pretty sure the evidence here says “yup”… so… ty for your admittance on being a toxic player who likes to grief other players on their pick (a reportable offense, I might add). Go play Comp or learn to deal with odd ball teams. Or, continue to report people for non-reportable offenses and enjoy when you finally catch the abuse of report ban :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, false reporting is punishable so if I were you I’d adjust your line of thought and not be such a toxic player.

2 Likes

Poor Teamwork is:
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion (i.e. “This team is horrible”).

Poor teamwork is not:
Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in team voice chat.

I can absolutely see you being guilty of the first when harassing others over their picks not being “optimal” in your standards.

P.S. Suiciding is “throwing” and is reportable but not under “teamwork”. Picking a hero and trying to compete is not… even though you disagree with who they picked (or which role they picked - and no one is forced into any one role), which refers me to section 2 of the tooltip. Stop crying about people’s picks, get over it, suck it up, play and get a win, loss, or draw… and move on with your life. Stop GRIEFING other people for their picks.

4 Likes