"It's just qp" is ok

3 types actual.

• Those who value kills over the objective.

Which is more annoying than anything and causes a LOT of losses.

And that’s exactly why people who don’t value the core of the game - playing as a team and cooperating with your teammates - should play arcade modes instead.

If you simply want to fool around, just do it where you aren’t bothering anyone else by doing so.

“This person” never say he is trying, and you can continue watching him/her getting killed… alone… with his trollpick far away from the objective and his team. Sure.

1 Like

Gonna keep adding in this comment here from what I have seen of QP which has been most of my game time.

I don’t play comp cause the very first game I ever tried back in season 3 or 4 was “Do you or don’t you know how to fing play this game”… let’s just say I didn’t step into that s*it hole again.

So that’s where you have people like me who try and win all their matches in QP. Contrary to what you believe to be “it’s just QP”, I will say, so what you’re a comp player and this is not arcade play it like you mean it or create your own damn custom game or stack with 5 other like minded “relax and play what I want” people. Wish there was a button for these folks so they can get the quality relaxation game they deserve.

After a lot of cusses I ended up finding a nice stack of people to play the game the way it’s meant to be played. I have had nothing but fun games in QP from that point on.

TL;DR; QP is not garbage, Solo Queue is.

2 Likes

… Can’t agree more !

The same scenario happen since 2 years in competitive.

2 Likes

If you want to eff around or “try out” a hero go play against bots. Nobody is gonna care about having to carry you there. Hell, go play Bronze.
Quit acting like QP is the lowest tier, it’s not. The ranking is pretty much
Gold+ Comp
QP
Silver Comp
Bots
Getting punched in the face.
Bronze Comp

It’s not fooling around. I’m not trying to be a reddit Lucio with my 2 Hours on him. I just want to play a game of Overwatch on Ana, and Overwatch comp isn’t worth the investment. If you pick Mercy and Bap, I’m going to play Ana.

There is a difference between playing Competitive, and playing the game correctly, and playing like your average ‘Its just QP’ player.

3 Likes

So what you’re telling me is that if we want to just play a proper game of Overwatch, then we have to play competitive? even if we don’t want to sink time into what could be a long match due to side swaps and such? but you can have Quickplay, Arcade, Custom games, and the workshop to not play as a team?..interesting.

1 Like

It’s ok to play just for yourself in QP as long as you’re not throwing.

There’s nothing to lose and definitely nothing to win.

Honestly, I think we need a third game mode, Comp for just that, QP for people who want a quick but serious match, and Casual for people who want to faff about and try new heroes on for size.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t have a problem if they really tried, but mostly people who have the mindset “it’s just qp” don’t really bother trying. Because, “it’s just qp”

Qp is important for some people.

Why the generalization? Not all mercy mains have the same opinion as OP.

1 Like

I’m fine with this, but i’m not fine with the saying “it’s just qp”. It’s just like stating that it’s fine to not try because “it’s just qp”. I can see which one is trying and which one is borderline throwing. Usually the latter are the one who says “it’s just qp”.

Lol why, it’s not like you get something out from it.

At least i don’t.

The mentality of using “It’s just QP” as an excuse seems to have worked, the game mode is trash. It used to be okay but since a year or so, there’s literally no real coordination or team work.

Everyone does their own individual thing. Mainly Widow, Ashe, Mcree, Hanzo, Genji are the heroes I see the most, sometimes an Ana in the mix.

So yes, now it is just QP, thanks to a lack of definition from the developers.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t, but i play qp to have fun. And my fun doesn’t involve wasting my time watching teammates goof off.

It’s fine if you want to practice heroes in qp. as long as you cooperate to win.
It’s fine if you want to play something that isn’t meta. I won’t force you to switch. but you are trying to win.
It’s fine if you’re dying too much, but you’re still contributing to the match.

But it’s not fine if you’re borderline throwing and not trying to win.
I can tell if people just run around by themselves and not trying to push the objective.
I can tell if they’re refuse to group up and instead they go alone to the enemy, dying and feeding and just refuse to do teamwork.
I can tell if they’re just memeing around without even trying to push through choke while the others are trying.

That is mostly the people that thinks “it’s just qp” And refused to try to win. That’s borderline throwing. And it just waste my limited time that i have to play this game.

Know one of the reasons why i don’t want to play comp? It’s so i could just leave the match when i found people like i described above and don’t have to get banned because of it. Not all people have the time to waste waiting a losing 5 man competitive match to end. Our time to play is limited. We also have work and stuff to do, and families to take care of.

But well, i’m glad i rarely find people like that in my MMR so i rarely get the xp penalty in qp.

people don’t even take competitive seriously anymore either honestly if you think about it. Have you seen the obscene amount of drunk streams, bronze to GM, and “smurf account” streams littering twitch?

all I gotta say is most don’t take competitive super serious in the first place because it’s a automatic toss up as soon as you click the button.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say “It’s just qp” should be encouraged, but saying “It’s quick play” is fine.

i get in a lot of qp games 2 2 2

I just love that the moment I decide healing 5dps who run in one by one isnt working and swap off, these “its just qp lol” players start crying that I am throwing.