"It's just qp" is ok

i just want people to play the objective, no matter which mode, arcade comp qp, they’re there for a reason

i don’t want you to play deathmatch on payload for example

that’s all i ask…

1 Like

Well that’s guess it’s up to discretion who’s trying then. Most people who say is we say it because they aren’t trying our are bad.

There’s tdm and arcade. Also widow headshot lobbies so you don’t have to “practice” in my qp.

This is sad because I’ve started to notice when I pick McCree and Ashe people go all dps but eventually realize I’m doing well and swap back. There’s a lot of disdain for dps up through Platinum.

You have to get something to play the game?? I thought learning new heroes and getting better at the game is far more rewards than golden guns. But i guess not everyone likes to get better at the game. I have never played comp and only play qp because i am still learning lol

The problem is I don’t got time for a 40min game, quickplay is QUICKplay, supposed to be quick but still try to win. Most ppl just pick 5 dps and roll with it, and sometimes winning isn’t really a possibility. just frustrating. If we’re gonna goof around just say so and I’ll goof too, but if I ask for a switch and ppl are like “it’s qp” it’s dismissive and rude, they could just say something like “I’m just goofin, take a load off and play a guilty pleasure”

I’m pretty sure the point of a piece of entertainment is to entertain. In this context, the purpose of Overwatch is to provide a fun experience for the player.

I think you’re conflating Competitive and Quick Play. The purpose of Comp is to provide a competitive environment, one in which winning is indeed the end goal. But you see, I care more about having fun than I do about winning. Isn’t it a good thing that my only experience with Comp is playing my placement matches each season?

Team Deathmatch isn’t always available. Besides, there are plenty more maps I’d like to see, which aren’t available in TDM. As such, I’ll stick to Quick Play, which is meant to quickly put me in a game. This will allow me to practice my grapple flickshots and one-clips on a wide variety of heroes.

On a side note, I typically find Arcade to be a more competitive environment than QP, due to the weekly loot box rewards. Maybe QP and Comp should be included in that weekly quest. And while we’re at it, golden guns can be removed from comp and made unlockable by other means.

I know this wasn’t directed toward me, but that actually applies to me. All I want out of Comp is a decent number of CP, so I can get more golden guns. I usually do my placements each season, then go on to win another game or two, just to provide myself with a comfortable cushion of SR, in case I disconnect during next season’s placements.

Climbing to low diamond for the extra 250 CP seems like a lot more trouble than it’s worth.

Glory to mankind.

1 Like

‘I’m absolutely crap at widow and I don’t care that I’m getting head shot every single time by the other widow but it’s just qp’.

This is throwing.

Over it.

1 Like

The game literally tells you move the payload, get on the objective, times running out … there’s no ambiguity in this.

Competitive is the same game just a different environment.

1 Like

Overwatch is an entertainment product.

That does not change the fact that the objective while using that product, in any mode, is to win. There are 2 teams. There are objectives. There are win conditions.

Rewards, are not required in a competitive activity.

The point, is to win the game.

2 Likes

I did like 1300 hours in qp now but I am done, match quality is dpsfest who are hitscans shooting at a barrier all match, game is uninstalled.

1 Like

Warcraft will be here soon enough.

PREACH!!!

People LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to misstate the meaning of “It’s just QP” as if that means “it’s QP so we don’t have to care about winning, or team comp, and we can just be stupid and throw”…I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when people are that simplistic and dismiss what the real meaning behind “It’s just QP” is for most people!

That phrase is said when people are overly try-harding and trying to dictate everything and yelling at people for not being in coms, and etc. bs that’s trying to turn QP into the same experience as Comp.
The two are different. No one is saying QP is a joke where people don’t want to win, so I really wish people would STOP insinuating that…QP is a more casual mode, and as long as people are trying - don’t harass them! You can make casual suggestions but don’t be some elitish snob, and maybe switch heroes yourself to help counter vs. just complaining. Sometimes when I see we need another healer, I might ask someone else if they’d mind healing, but if they don’t respond I’ll just do it my darn self, even if I was being effective on my dps pick.