"It's just qp" is ok

As long as the person saying it is trying, it’s ok.

If you want people to play competitively, you should try out the competitive mode.

64 Likes

True, you can basically do anything you want, as long as you try to win. That’s totally fine by me, I ain’t playing to tryhard the whole time and playing QP like Comp, I just want to have fun and (of course) try to win.

16 Likes

No it’s not. Its never OK to make the excuse of ‘Its just QP’ because that generally means ‘no I wont swap’ or ‘no I wont work with the team’.

53 Likes

I agree, the problem is not everyone’s idea of trying is the same. I could be trying my heart out on Roadhog and salty mctryhard won’t shut up about me just feeding and that he’s gonna report for gameplay sabotage. Like, I’m just trying get my hooks in and practice those one shots, and doing a fair job at it, but you know, crybabies be crying in a mode that means nothing.

5 Likes

so lets say we are both dps I am doing fine and you are doing fine. why am I supposed to switch to help the team when i didnt complain and you shouldnt when you are the one complaining???

5 Likes

If you want people to switch, play competitive. And even there people are allowed to play whatever they want.

Willingly not working with the team is basically soft-throwing.

11 Likes

You aren’t. If any player asks for swaps, they should swap themselves.

1 Like

This is exactly what most people are doing, when they say ‘Its just QP’ they just dont want to admit it.

9 Likes

Kiiiinda tough to swap off the only tank, when I have 5 dps teammates. Or swap off the only healer with 5 dps teammates…

6 Likes

The not trying in QP has spread bad habits to the rest of the game…like a virus it has spread unchecked. QP is a players first experience witht his game most likely and what are they learning?

How to leave.
How to not try.
How to not aim.
How to not play with teamwork.

This just makes OW look like a bad game and the community look incompetent. Fun is one thing but game play sabotage happens all the time in QP.

It’s only QP brooooo

19 Likes

Thats already a lost game. Better to just keep your mouth shut and take the L than to even try and reason with 5 dps players. THey know what they are doing, they dont care.

1 Like

I don’t understand why ppl take qp so seriously? Like what do you get out of a qp match? Nothing except xp.

Like you can’t do ANYTHING when you get in late to a game, and not even when your whole entire team are dps.

And if you ask them to switch they won’t.

So please stop talking about qp, it’s not important.

8 Likes

I am confused here.
wot?

I am ok now when people say this now I just switch to whatever hero gives no benefit to them. They play bastion, well no shield then, they all pick dps I just play my least played dps hero. I willl not carry the it’s just QP crowd.

2 Likes

Its a mindset. ‘Its just QP’ is a throwers mindset.

5 Likes

Some players excel in those last few minutes of gameplay, others buckle under pressure and start whining. I’m the kind that excels. When I’m not allowed to excel in my role, due to players thinking and voicing a game is lost, that’s when I start blocking and avoiding people.

so if i was trying to win and you see that and someone asks me to switch and i said its just qp am I throwing???

:arrow_down:

trying usually means not throwing

99% of the time, people saying it are just throwing. If you are that 1%, who unironically says it, good for you.

Usually. 5 DPS and a Tank though? Someone is throwing.

2 Likes

Playing an unusual composition isn’t throwing.

8 Likes