šŸ™„ It's ironic

Itā€™s true that Blizz could have handled it better. Thatā€™s to be said about pretty much anything honestly, poor word choice.

But the fact still remains that they explained other reasons beyond it. Anyone who cries out that ā€œthis was their only reason and itā€™s BSā€ is just playing willful ignorance. (Especially after being part of the conversation for the entirety of the past 2 years)

If that was the entire story, Blizzard could have fixed that by just lowering the weight of Resā€™s in the calculations. Obviously they wouldnā€™t spend the months to think out a rework when the solution was to just tweak a number. Unfortunately on the flip side, because they were spending time on the rework, it seems they felt they didnā€™t need to take the time to adapt the entire matchmaker to deal with something that wouldnā€™t even be around for long.

Besides, if such a strat didnā€™t work at all like people claim, then people wouldnā€™t have kept doing it. Doesnā€™t matter how it effects SR, a loss is still a loss.

Exactly. Thatā€™s exactly why they changed it. No amount of nerfs or minor tweaks would change the fact that the most value you could get out of Mass Res was by reversing a near team wipe, and in order to do so, you needed to make an effort to survive separate from your team. Which means, no matter what, in theory the best option to choose would always be to just run off and hide when things get hairy and just fly in when the dust settles.

The devs recognized this, so they didnā€™t just stop at ā€œminor tweaks,ā€ they came up with an entirely new way to use Res, one that forces Mercy to stay on the battlefield the entire time.

Mercy was being buffed because Ana was so dominant at the time. It wasnā€™t so much that Res needed anything, they were just looking for more to give her. And since they couldnā€™t exactly buff GA or her beams, and a pistol buff would quite honestly be pointless, they didnā€™t really have any other option but to pull a Res buff out of nowhere.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry you need the power of a button to have impact in your games and get any enjoyment out of a game.

Except it didnā€™t. Mass rez had literal immunity during itā€™s cast. Also, as I said above, dead teammates are a much easier target than well and alive enemies. You press the button around dead teammates - it works. You do the same with Reaper and 5 enemies - a lot of things can go wrong (stuns, boops, shields, defense matrix, headshot from a sniper, burst damageā€¦ the list goes on).

So, no, unless you want to make mass rez an ult that can be stopped mid-cast in a large number of ways - it is not comparable.

6 Likes

Well, if you find most of Mercyā€™s gameplay unappealing, then I still donā€™t think Mass Rez is really the answer. Even if I liked or enjoyed Mass Rez, a character that feels bad to play until they get their ultimate, and then goes back to feeling bad sounds like a bad time.

Make Mercyā€™s normal gametime more interesting instead.

Hey, even in bronze, miracles can happen.

More to the point, I came to the game after Mass Rez was removed, so I admit I donā€™t know what playing with that OR against it felt like, but during a very, very, very brief time of trying out different heroes I did play some post-rez Mercy.

Iā€™m going to be honest with you, it was singlehandedly the most stressful experience of my gaming life, trying to juggle heals and damage and not die while rezzing. I donā€™t know how legitimate Mercy mains handle the pressure.

1 Like

Iā€™m online yā€™know, just find me. :wink:

1 Like

In what world do you buff that rez by giving invincibility frames to her and her entire team, and then delete the entire ability instead of taking that away?

The way to do it was to take back invincibility, and then have her rez them all at 50% health or something instead of 100%, and reduce the time the skulls stay so she canā€™t hide and rez.

Using reapers ult requires cd tracking, positioning and more often than not help from your team.

Junks tire can be killed and requires you to know good paths for the tire and steering all while leaving you immobile and vulnerable.

Also, both of these ults rarely get more than 1-2 kills.

Mercy could easily rez a team by hiding or some times right from spawn. Ultimate generation was faster than any dps ultimate, so she had res pretty much every fight.

5 Likes

It can be balanced by changing how frequently you can do it or how powerful the rest of her kit is. If she had nothing to her kit but mass rez on a 120 second cooldown, youā€™d literally never pick her. The problem was that it encouraged her to hide in a corner and let her team die, and there was little counterplay for the enemy team. It can be balanced and still be bad for the game.

At what point is it spam to make the same topic with a slightly different title practically daily smh.

2 Likes

Jeff from the overwatch team, weā€™ve decided to remove healers and tanks because a majority of players found them unfun to play.

They did it one month before the rework. Sounds like theyā€™d didnā€™t even notice what it was encouraging before thisā€¦

We donā€™t know how long they took but given how absurdly broken she was after this rework, Iā€™d say, they didnā€™t think for too longā€¦

I meanā€¦ Itā€™s not like it wasnā€™t the solution. We wouldnā€™t know since they decided to implement this solution right after announcing her rework. :no_mouth:

They did end up fixing it though? One month before the rework.

Itā€™s because, the few times it did work, people would get rewarded with a huge amount of SR. Of course, people seeing this, would completely disregard the effectiveness of said strategy and just try to maximise their winnings.

Iā€™m pretty sure anyone would continuously use a strategy that worked sometimes so they can maximise their winnings.

This applies to current res as well? Letā€™s not pretend as if hiding still doesnā€™t happen because it quite literally does. The only difference is when it happens. Before, it was before a teamfight. Now, itā€™s during the teamfight.

Nope. Tempo ressing had just as much value as getting a 5 man. Numerical value isnā€™t the only value in the game.

Youā€™re acting as if thereā€™s only two options here: separate from your team or never Res a lot of people. The reality is, there are always going to be ways for you to maximise your numerical value for Res whilst also staying with your team. Hiding was just a shortcut - one that, again, almost always flopped.

It most definitely is not the best option. Unless you think letting your team intentionally die in a fight so you can revive them for the next one makes any logical sense other than ā€œI just want a lot of resses to inflate my statsā€. Also, again, you donā€™t need to hide to get a big res. Im pretty sure her mobility is given to her for this very reason. With all the escape options she has, hiding shouldnā€™t even be considered, unless thereā€™s an alternative incentive to adopt such a trash gameplay style.

Their argument consisted of ā€œHide n Resā€, which conveniently lead to ā€œits unfun to play againstā€. One is just ridiculous and the other can be fixed with tweaks.

Forces is a pretty strong word. Especially when you consider that some Mercies still do Hide to pull of their resses. An example would be if your teammate got picked off near enemy back lines. These players would just hide and wait for the enemy team to focus on their team in the front lines so they can pull said Res. Of course, this is pretty specific but it goes to show that hiding is always going to exist if Resurrect exists.

In the developer comments, they said that she was getting a buff to Res because she kept on dying. It hardly had anything to do with Ana.

They buffed it to 60 though. The HP buff is more related to Ana. Not the Res buff.

Disagree.

5 Likes

You didnā€™t add this account on PS4. :sob:

I agree that she is well balanced at this time

That said, I dont ever find her to be disheartening to play, and I dont ever see her being used in an unintended way.

3 ******* years!

Jesus how many times do we have to teach this lesson op?!?

insert that spongebob meme here pls

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest. I donā€™t think mass rez should come back. Once they removed it, it was gone and should stay that way.

However, they could have made is much more counterable before they changed just about her entire kit. They could have added los checks, made barriers block it, reduce the range, increased the time, made it take longerā€¦etc. etc. Itā€™s only annoying that they never even tried to fix it and instead just threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Theyā€™re good at doing that to Mercy. Instead of ā€œletā€™s see how this will workā€ they like to just wallop her all over the place. Sheā€™s still doing too much healing. Letā€™s buff just about every support AND nerf Mercy again. The buffs to the others might have been enough. They might not have, but we will never know, because they never tried it out.

4 Likes

:smiling_imp:

When they removed mass rez, they unleashed a curse on the forums. Formerly docile Mercy mains were transformed into beasts of rage and pain, and will haunt these halls until consoled with a rework ceremony.

Youā€™ll never be free of us. Neveeeeeer :ghost:

4 Likes

Hey, here I feel you and agree. I am an ex D.Va main, and she got full Blizzard treatment too.

I replied to the wrong person blizzard, just let me amend my mistake ;_;

4 Likes

lol, I was curious what you were meaning to imply by that response :stuck_out_tongue: