It’s probably time for a Hanzo nerf

You do know that there’s two types of ways in using hanzo using primary that most people don’t realize.

The first way is hanzo always do a full charge on his arrow, usually when peeking or initializing the fight. The other reason is if they have leeway. This is when he does full damage but is a slug moving target.

The second way is when hanzo only shoot at 60% to 80% charge so that he doesn’t slow down. This is how hanzo stay very mobile mid fight when target is too close and both his lunge and storm arrow is on cd. It is very important for hanzo player to master this. Hanzo also need to learn to shoot at 20% charge to finish off his target.

So when people keep saying nerf his primary arrow damage when target are close is a joke because hanzo players are already doing that by not shooting at full charge to stay mobile. It also increases the difficulty because the projectile speed slow down too.

Widowmaker is not the only hero to not shoot at full charge.

Or even use the WASD keys, but they’ll be satisfied only when Hanzo instantly dies when he enters their view field.

4 Likes

Real talk: Can we stop taking people seriously who say “This hero isn’t fun to play against.” Invariably it’s because you’re losing to that hero, which is nothing to do with them and everything to do with your own actions in-game. If you stand out in the open Widow is going to blow your head off, that’s not “unfun”.

Hog was nerfed because he could drag you in from halfway across the map and instakill you with no real counterplay other than not getting caught. Even Doomfist’s main punch has options for the target. All Hanzo does is shoot you. Stand behind a barrier.

4 Likes

Tighten his hitbox and hes back up to 3 star difficulty. He lobs a freight train down a big hall way and gets a headshot on someone that cant see him right now. If your team isnt running hanzo right now theyre not trying to win.

1 Like

I hate hanzo because he can shred tanks like winston and winston is suppose to counter snipers any ways. why is hanzo a “sniper” but excels at close range

All character has the same projectile hitboxes, which is bigger than hitscan hitboxes, to compensate for the travel speed.

Also,

2 Likes

Its a one shot kill, it needs to be tighter. I got no complaints about any other projectile, not even torb. Hanzo is ridiculous right now.

That is counter balanced by having a slow fire rate and being an arcing projectile.

Widow is a hitscan and does more damage than Hanzo.

She also has to charge up her shots. He has storm bow widow has a wimpy smg shes right where she needs to be. Hanzo just needs to get tightened up.

Like how junkrat was nerfed when he was statistically balanced and then further nerfed the same patch the hanzo rework came out in which hanzo became objectively better than junkrat in almost every way?

She has to charge more because she does more damage and has hitscan which really is clik4head and kill.

I don’t think I’ll ever like Hanzo, lol. Something about a projectile sniper just always feels cheap when you get killed.

The only real “unfun” part of his kit to play against is getting randomly headshot from an arrow turning a corner or eating one that was intended for an entirely different person. However, that’s literally his primary fire… not much to do about it without completely removing him for another hero essentially.

You say that a sniper that can spam his shots, have an insta kill above every range, better movment skills than the dive tanks AND a short to long range burst skill is balanced?

I give you credit that Hanzo may be balanced for everything under dia. But when you know HOW and WHERE you should play this hero he is broken. And don’t tell me now “But he have counters.”
Yes he have counters like every other hero have in this game. But when Hanzo can burst down one of his counters in less than Reaper could, have an skill on no cooldown which he can switch between high and low ground AND have a dash to get out of the effectiv range of his “counters” that not balanced. Not to mention that he is the most unfun hero to play against atm (in my opinion he was more unfun than Brigitte ever was).

Blizzard gave Hanzo the ability for a pick, shild breaker and tank buster hero. Everything in just one kit. And he isn’t like Bastion, who must be static, to deal an unnormal amount of damage.

I can understand that you don’t want to nerf Hanzo, because you think he is “balanced”. Thats ok.
But he is like old Hog, a hero that need almost no skill, because his kit is so spammy and don’t get punished for mistakes.
Buff his kit, that ok, but get ride of this spammy character of his kit OR make him weaker against his counters.
Give him revert drop off damage so he still CAN do something against medium to long range, but in close combat he shouldn’t be able to counter his “counters.”
I don’t care what happen to him, Blizzard can buff him even more, but get ride of that spam poop.

No DPS, including Hanzo, is in need of a nerf currently. Some of the DPS do need buffs, however.

It is certainly not the time to nerf Hanzo. His performance is average to other DPS currently, and all DPS are non factors in the meta.

It’s better that the developers invest the time into considering how to rebalance the tanks and supports at the moment.

3 Likes

I don’t really see how someone pressing E and spamming me out is more fun than getting hooked… or getting one shot on accident… or watching him jump away from anything I try to do to him…

That’s the most awful idea I’ve ever heard.
You’re literally removing the high skill ceiling of the ability.

3 Likes

Storm arrow’s a dumb ability. I hate it almost as much as other people hate scatter.

Also the air-dash is silly. Why was he given that again?

2 Likes

Well Hanzo is ALMOST viable…clearly he needs to be nerfed

1 Like

Hanzo killed something. Let’s nerf him.

After his nerf: Hanzo managed to kill something. Better nerf him again.

It’ll never end tbh.

5 Likes