It Hurts To Admit, But

Almost like you don’t read this forum. Downsides of having players chained to their roles are already known.

1 Like

https:// patents.google. com/patent/ US20160005270A1/en

Line 15 16 heck all of em put it here again go read or i cant take serious

You leave out all the people who said they liked it, and in fact when it was first discussed and continued on debate it was pretty obvious there were threads supporting it just as much as not. Considering the nature of typical forum goers to just sit around criticize repeatedly, the forums is lets be honest not a very good measure.

No offense, but I simply am not wasting my time with you, your analysis is just too flawed and biased to think straight.

Neither is a straw poll jesus what dont you understand about that

You overestimate them, honestly. It’s how people become fans - be nice to them, show, that you listen to them(no one said about doing anything about it), and they are yours.

Especially if we are talking about children - it doesn’t take much to make children trust “papa Jeff” and believe whatever he says. And as they grow up, their “programming”(indoctrination, use any word of your choice) stays in place, and becomes harder to remove.

Its a patent written by activison. And by not wasting your time you mean 2 things. 1. You don’t wanna be proved wrong and 2. You cant handle being proved wrong with actual facts written down easily for you to read ok live in ignorance but dont tell peoppe conspiracies when its right there. And bias is when you sit there blindly defending a company no matter what and why. Idk daddy issues i guess but buddy if you cant be bother to be shown actual facta then go live in your strawpoll world but you have no right to say others are wrong when the proof they arent is right there

In other words, great work Blizz, you chased off a third of your player base!

That patent right there is why blizzard wont tell anyone how its matchmaking works .

Players would play matchmaking, if it’s exact mechanics would be known. Classic “security through obscurity”. And even despite that, there were few cases of players exploiting matchmaking for their benefit.

It means, however, that Blizzard can’t create matchmaking system, that isn’t immune to manipulation by players, even if those players know it’s internal mechanics, or figure them out by observing and analyzing.

No one’s a “fan” here, it about being rationale and looking at the best facts we have. Are they manipulative? yes. Does that auto-translate to “herp-derp we all hatez 2-2-2 it suxors no one likez itz”… no.

The PTR is such a small percentage of the player base its basically gerrymandering to take their opinion as gospel.

More like players are quick to celebrate new things, since Blizzard takes ages to do literally anything.

As always, some desire to disagree. Normally i would agree, but in this case it probably had the higihest turnout ever in recent history. Its no the be all and end all of analysis, but it was telling that the majority who tried it liked it.

I think the enforced structure fixed the inevitable scenario of an expanding roster with stacked roles(ultimate problem with Brig leading to just nerfs).

I don’t think their pace at balancing heroes has properly followed through with the implementation though.

Even the highest turnout rate is still not anywhere close to the population on the live servers. Double of 1% is still 2%.

Its large enough to be a representative sample statistically. Its obviously biased to a degree because hardcore 2-2-2 haters wouldn’t even try, but my point stands: the majority who played on it even then liked it. When I ask in QP for instance about who likes 2-2-2 and who doesn’t its breaks out about 3 do 1 doesn’t the other 2 are usually silent.

The problem with Briggs is that they intentionally made a single hero to counter an entire meta, that OP mess obviously needed nerfs. You thinking it fixed an eventual problem you would have is still fine, some people just have a problem with thinking all opinions are subjective except their own and need reminding that since their problem was fixed doesn’t mean it fixed problems other people thought it would.

I think it’s great in quickplay. It’s a lot less depressing than being the only support, only tank or fifth dps on the team

And thats just it - the fact that tankers are no longer having to solo makes tanking better, and lone supports are also not solo has made those roles better thus they are content. Almost all the complaining is from DPS players who refuse to ever learn another role, and are doubly upset because half of them weren’t nearly as good as they thought, and are no longer carried along by other teammates as before. Now under 2-2-2 its much more obvious that overall, the DPS group is the least knowledgeable and skilled on average. And FWIW I do more DPS than either role, so this is not just “anti-DPS” polemics.

1 Like