Is widowmaker the new tracer?

tracer got her first nerf and now has a counter that can one shot her every six seconds and is also a support

tracer is by no means overtuned anymore

Wrong, Tracer once used to have 200 hp and Genji had 150 hp

wasn’t that in beta? does that really count?

and does that hurt my point either way?

No, early on after release and my point was that pulse bomb nerf wasn’t her first nerf.

I’m looking at the earliest release patch notes, and there’s nothing about Tracer getting reduced to 150 HP after the release. There’s also a video of 150 hp tracer in the beta, so yeah.

Nah, the only heroes whose HP have been changed are Zenyatta and D.Va. Zen used to have 50 HP + 100 shields and D.Va originally had 100 HP + 400 armor. Zen gained 50 shields and D.Va gained 100 HP, then D.Va’s 200 HP and 400 armor were swapped.

Oui.

20 characters, one post

Maybe if dive heroes were not getting destroyed easily in this meta Widow would be more easy to counter. :thinking:

As much as an aim hero SHOULD be on their hitlists.
He cannot be, mccree simply doesn’t have the range and power to be near as opressive as tracer or widow.

smurf widows are a ladder wide issue. You should see the ones I have seen sub 2k as of late…

As a member of the salty Mercy mains club: I don’t have any issues with widow

I dont play mercy but I can tell you widowmaker is too strong.

It’s hard to say a character is OP or UP outside of the context of the game.

i honestly cant think of any reason to nerf tracer even after shes meta again

to be opressive with tracer you have to be in the top like .5% of the playerbase

and even then, there were ways to reduce her effectiveness b4 the current meta

It’s especially annoying when you’re Reaper. Like he’s the close-range DPS! Why should he lose to a duel against Brigitte?! It’s ridiculous!

1 Like

This is a top commented post, doesn’t this seem absurd to anyone? Doesn’t anyone think maybe this type of rhetoric isn’t ok? It’s ok to insult a sweeping generalization of people because of how they spend their past time?

don’t do this to yourself.

She dose needs some nerf. Her kit is total BS. She shouldn’t kill someone with one clip. people need to stop defending her. Idc about her skill cap, she shouldn’t have this much damage or have too much mobility.

I actually agree with you. A person’s stance should be attacked, not the person themself. That said, the witch hunt for heroes which both require and reward mechanical skill is aggravating, and it makes players of mechanically demanding heroes resent heroes which don’t require mechanical skill. The pro-aim crowd is rather elitist but the former anti-flanker crowd (now the anti-sniper crowd) isn’t much better.

The arguments I’ve typically seen against flankers tend to come from supports who are tired of being free kills. However, Moira is far from a free kill. The critical difference between Moira and Brigitte is that, while the former can easily fend for herself, the latter is absolutely deadly. Furthermore, Moira doesn’t make a number of other heroes unplayable by virtue of making their damage absolutely pitiful. It’s almost like not dying to a flanker isn’t enough. No, one must be able to delete them with minimal effort and little-to-no risk.

This, in turn, causes the former flankers to pick up the bow and the rifle, resulting in far less interaction for their victims. I can only speak for myself, but I’d much rather fight for my life versus a flanker than be deleted by someone halfway across the map before my brain even registers that they’re there.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that supports’ complaints led to the flankers being nerfed, as well as the addition of Brigitte. If this is the case, one could say that the supports brought the sniper meta upon themselves. Now, it’s incredibly reductionist to actually make such a claim without a sufficient amount of inside information, but from the outside looking in, an observer could be forgiven for interpreting the situation that way.

1 Like

What the duck are you saying ?

Widowmaker actually requires skill to be good, Tracer requires only a good gaming sense

Also Tracer´s nerf doesn´t really affect her gameplay, you get ult faster than anyone anyway