Is Role Queue still necessary?

Necessity is based on what the majority wants, the majority wanted more consistent experience and balancing when you don’t know what kind of comp people will use and if that comp even consists of all roles was proven to be too difficult. If you have some tinfoil theory as to why they made it then go ahead, I probably won’t be reading it.

Again, those problems have no changed which is why RQ is still necessary.

The people who play the other mode fine can continue to do so, there is no problem to be solved here, time to move on.

I didn’t read the rest of your post.

1 Like

Yup. It’s necessary. And it’s one of the best features Blizzard ever implemented. Without it, every match becomes a 5 DPS clown fest, where everyone disappears like a fart in the wind, visiting the 4 corners of the map for a cheeky POTG.

The only thing I’ve learned from it is that you can’t rely on any one portion of your team to do their job, consistently. You may luck out and get a healer that heals, but you may not. You never know.

It absolutely sucks to be in any category, any role, and see how you could be swapping to something else and making up for your crappy healers, tanks or dps, but you can’t, and so you’re just stuck doing what isn’t working with this dead weight strapped to your team dragging you all down.

Honestly the only thing I learned is that Blizzard will take the easiest, cheapest, shortest route out of a problem these days rather than investing any time or money into something that makes them gobs of money for free. It’s sad, honestly. A good Guild system or a more refined game selection system and we’d be better off by a long shot, instead we have 234 game modes plus the workshop and not enough players to go around for virtually any of them it seems.

Role Queue is ‘necessary’ only because Blizzard won’t do the better options that would solve the problem it ‘solves’, and players like it because it lets them get reliable team comps even if it means limiting the amount of personal control they can put on every match as individual players. That’s not something I like, personally, and I think it’s crap

1 Like

The statement you identified was facts. You were wrong. Console players are PHYSICALLY unable to react as fast to aim due to the linear nature of a console controller - they turn at a set max speed. PC players with mice can react with higher speed, accuracy, efficiency and no effective max speed. That’s not console shaming, that’s just reality.

Playing both means i understand both. You do not.

Please, quote where you addressed these questions:
OQ was basically unbalancable for the reasons i stated. You have not addressed the reasons i stated, so i’m going to assume you agree with them?

What is your list of problems with 222?

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that Dodo lied when he said that quick play classic is in the arcade and not side-by-side regular quick play under the main card?

people fearmonger “5dps” in open queue, but it almost never happens in reality, atleast not in plat-diamond for me

2 Likes

as someone who never stopped playing QPC (i literally ONLY play classic anymore. i played role queue less than 30 times over the past 2 years), my answer is No, role queue isnt necessary

i like being able to switch off tank and go into Mei when the enemy Reaper is hard countering me.
if i was forced to play tank into a Reaper in role queue i think i’d rather just slit my throat tbh
thats why i dont play role queue. you cant really counter heroes who are doing well off of you. you just sit there and either feed them so they do better or sit in spawn so they cant take advantage of you but then youre throwing

4 Likes

He or she claims that the modes are not the same as before which is factually false.

I wouldn’t mind if they went with the old queue and just put a cap of 2 of each role. We’d get:

• Better queue times, especially for dps players
  • You can change roles mid way through a game
  • None of that triple support/tank garbage

The only downside I can think of is the lack of consistently getting a healer/tank on your team, which might still be an issue.

1 Like

I’m also in the minority who also thinks role que did nothing to improve games. Now if a certain category is underperforming (tank,healer,dps) you’re screwed because you can’t switch to make up for low dps, healers not healing, or tanks not making space or pushing.

2 Likes

Factually, they are correct. The game is not being balanced around those modes.

Also you avoided the question.

1 Like

wants are wants

necessities are necessities

wants are not necessities

on the claim of a majority, tho…I have yet to see valid data supporting the claim of a majority

again, I have yet to see valid data supporting the claim of 222 being what the majority wanted or wants

as far as “too difficult” - not at all, since thats how things worked prior to 222 infesting the game with its restrictions, stale metas, and many other severe problems

we can, and we do

…but…

it would be far better IMO if there werent so many differences between the modes aside from queuing

foe starters, there should imo be a role-less queue qp mode on the main game selection screen right alongside its 222 equivalent

I disagree, given thousands of people are playing non222 modes right now without issue

IMO, the addition of 222 was and still is THE very worst change ever made to the game, with no close second

folks do seem to love telling and retelling the story of how all matches before 222 infested the game were 5 or more dps, but the devs have already made a statement indicating that 5dps matches in role-less queue mode were/are a rarity.

Retelling the story yet again doesnt make it any truer

So, why would they even make role queue then if it wasn’t a problem?

it was added to the game to resolve a ticket sales problem in OWL

it should have been added for OWL only, but sadly, 222 was inflicted upon all of us

Best mistake one could ever make.

2 Likes

Citation required.

2 Likes

222 was and still is THE worst change ever made to the game, with no close second, imo

2 Likes

and that’s just your opinion, but a lot disagree with you.
not sure why you can’t just play open queue anyways…

I’m going to guess because it is rapidly becoming empty. I don’t know which region Dodo is in, but, openQ isn’t exactly in a healthy state in most places.

2 Likes