Is Role Queue still necessary?

Just wondering what people think. I actually doubt that goats would be the meta comp right now if we still had the old rules.

10 Likes

It was never necessary. It will never be necessary

The release of open Q disproved the scaremongering about goats Or six damage in every game

56 Likes

yes its necessary, otherwise we return to 5dps 1 tank/healer hell again

143 Likes

i never did like when it was implemented but i kind of get the feeling everyone is so use to it. so i bet there would be a huge outcry if it was removed. it would be wierd if it was removed and i think i’d probably miss role queue lol… even tho i was against it so long ago

3 Likes

OpenQ is almost dead because so few people play it.

There is what? 500 players from in Diamond / Masters / GM in total in most regions?

Like, the which is more popular has been well run though.

19 Likes

Strange because I have very short queue times.

20 Likes

The matchmaker doesn’t need to balance a bunch of roles, so it is faster. It will also grab people from a LONG way out.

15 Likes

I’m on Xbox in the North American region, and I face T500 players in Open Queue regularly there. My SR is in the low 3000’s

5 Likes

Yeah I guess so. But it’s definitely not almost dead

1 Like

Absolutely necessary for all ranks. To ensure u get 2 tanks and 2 supports. And in high ranks, to ensure no Goats-like abomination makes it live anymore.

U want no Role Queue ? Open Queue for u baby…go for it. Stop asking to get rid of RQ, it should been a thing straight from the beginning of the game!!!

39 Likes

In your region, it has times in OCE where you can’t get a game…

Yeah, OCE being OCE, but, that is usually how a mode dies here.

Yeah I guess your best bet is to connect to Asia region? It’s popular there

2 Likes

I just end up roleQing. I like roleQ, but I do end up in groups who love openQ.

I’d most certainly be happy to connect to SEA, since, they are chill as hell :slight_smile:

Taipei is still a long way from NZ though, so the ping times get pretty rough. It is basically the Sydney servers or nothing sadly.

Where are you if you don’t mind me asking?

That doesn’t mean there aren’t few people playing it lol

4 Likes

London,UK, (EU)

Although sometimes I play in NA region as well

Wow, y’all have had a chaotic time of it.

Out in the colonies things have been better :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, you saw the release from Blizzard on where it was popular! That is how you know. I was wondering if we were kinda close globally speaking…

I’d actually be curious whether players have learnt anything from it. I.e. if we were to remove it, would they try to actually pick sensible comps or would it get right back to insta-locking 4 DPS and everyone arguing with each other about who gets to “take one for the team” and play tank/support :thinking:. I wouldn’t have much faith but you never know.
(Also, IMO it definitely should stay. There are already alternatives if you can’t stand it.)

I like RQ for a few reasons

• You know you are getting tanks and healers, if you queue as either you know you arent alone in the role
  • People cant swap from main shield/healer to dps after 1 failed push
  • Seperated SR, I am someone whose ranks arent that close together (gold dps, plat/diamon on tank and healer) so I am able to play dps freely on my own level.
16 Likes

It never was.
Players are lazy by default so working on LFG to create a 222 group took time, people just wanted that on 1 button.

Thats why we have it and thats one of the reasons many people left this game.

PS: And no, OQ existing doesnt prove anything, because it is optional, so people will choose the lazy option always.

3 Likes

In all of the Arcade modes, the most fun I have by far is in matches with me being the only healer. In fact I would like it if Blizz created all different kinds of role queues for Arcade only, such as 2:3:1 or 1:4:1 or 0:5:1 or yes, even back to 3:0:3. They could be different modes and if you don’t like them, don’t queue them!

That said, my point here is that I think role queue belongs in ARCADE only and maybe comp above plat or something. Not across the board forced on us like they’ve done./