Is Role Queue still necessary?

The worst mistake ever was, that Overwatch didn’t have 2/2/2 Role Queue from the very first day.

The game will probably never fully recover from the damage this has caused.

1 Like

doesn’t that just prove most people don’t like open q

also we’re back in lockdown RIP

1 Like

This has already been debunked.

Ok then why are you people so desperate to get rid of role q, how does removing role q solve anything and how has it been “debunked”? Open q t500 is pathetic, you have freaking low diamonds in t500.

Then why do I have 3+ minute Q times in Open Queue?

I get faster DPS Queues in Role Queue when I use a priority pass :joy:

1 Like

Yep, and but I get to work from home though :slight_smile:

Joys of being the people who get the data to NCMC. The moment ANYTHING looks dicey, we are basically at “stay at home”

Stats NZ, I think got a “everyone stay at home”, I’m not sure about other Govt depts.

I feel sorry for the Aucklanders, i mean.

1. they have to live in Auckland.
  2. they always end up at a higher level of lockdown than the rest of the country.
  3. did the coffee ever get better there?
2 Likes

That’s not that bad and doesn’t seem to support the statement that it is “rapidly becoming empty”.

It’s way worse than my average Role Queue times despite being much less restricted when it comes to putting the teams together.

If it isn’t a lack of players in Open Queue, then what else is causing the longer Queue times?

1 Like

Lol yeah it sucks to be an aucklander at this time, I live here right now and the constant online schooling sucks. But at least I have it a LOTTT better than overseas, so I’m happy about that. Aucklands usually a good place anyways.
I don’t drink much coffee btw lol, but it seems pretty good to me when I do drink it.

1 Like

My average open Q Q times are significantly shorter than my role Q Q times.

Several factors could cause longer queue times for you. It depends on your region, rank and so forth.

1 Like

Ouch, at least this time you guys aren’t making fun of us Aussies :rofl:

2 Likes

The problem with no role queue is that you get those games where you get 3 DPS one tricks who aren’t even good at the game refusing to play anything other than Genji, Widow, Ashe, or Hanzo and you’re stuck solo healing with the three DPS being out of position spamming for healing. Best thing to happen to this game

Oh man, I didn’t know you were up there.

I hope the lockdown ends pretty soon. I think we all have it well in hand, I mean, this isn’t our first rodeo here is it?

Nothing wrong with the Aussies, except they don’t love their sheep nearly enough.

2 Likes

Hey now don’t speak for us all, I think sheep are cool. I saw plenty on the South Island when I was over there.

1 Like

That has done it, you are a NZer now. I think that is all that is in the “can this person be considered a citizen pack”

Welcome. Hope you can find a house for under $1M.

1 Like

Why are you people so desperate to get rid of open queue?

Combined RQ top 500 is even more pathetic though?

2 Likes

I think it’s great open q is here. I never said I wanted to get rid of it.
It’s for people like you who enjoy it.

I find this funny, honestly. The fact that combined is actually slightly less pathetic than open q just shows how bad open q is. Most people main 1 role AND IT’S STILL LESS PATHETIC than open q. Combined is not more pathetic btw thats just false.

2 Likes

We are not, we WANT openQ to be a thing.
Helps soak the DPS queue times in roleQ.

We get a bit tired of people saying openQ is more popular, when it is pretty trivial to show it REALLY REALLY isn’t. (hint, look at the lowest top500 sr, yes… that means you only have 500 players above that rank in your region).

Open has a better combined, because EVERYONE is on the combined queue there, and even then it doesn’t get to any one of the roles in roleQ

ANY single one of the roleQs show they have a higher population that open. Any single one of them.

And roleQ has 3 of them, which means roleQ has at least 3 times the playerbase, since every single one of the queues has more than open does.

But that shouldn’t be a suprise.

It is also dieing in a lot of regions. I think it is gone in SA, and there are times you can’t get games on it in OCE.

It just doesn’t have the playerbase to support it in the smaller regions.

It was like how LFG died here earlier than the rest.

2 Likes

I know that you support open Q. The statement I made was to point out the ridiculousness of making a statement about “you people”.

Nah, 25 games required in RQ to qualify for top 500 versus 50 games required in open queue.

This is an extrapolation that cannot be made with certainty. Top 500 also requires SMS verification. So why would open queue players be less likely to have SMS verification on you ask? Possibly because it would be viewed as less legitimate to be in open Q top 500. As it is not seen as the “official” mode.

Therefore there is less motivation to even attempt to qualify for it.

The three times claim does not hold up as the three Roles are queueing into games with each other.

I recall a thread with someone saying that they could not get a game in regular quick play in OCE.

Furthermore, even if a game mode is dead in one or more regions that does not mean it is dead everywhere.

You can’t at certain ranks at certain times of day, yes.

But, openQ is dead way more often, and for wider ranges.

No, but it means in those places, it didn’t have the population to support it.

Given you need all 3 populations to support roleQ, and it is in a better shape, it means that openQ is in a really bad position out in OCE.

We are the canary in the coal mine, and the canary stopped tweeting for openQ, which is bad.

I want it on the front page to be selected BECAUSE of this, because it would be a shame for people to lose the ability to play it entirely here.