Is Role Queue still necessary?

i think its an improvement to have both options…id call the period of time where they didnt a step backward

2 Likes

Just played a game of open Q. na region. 2 minute Q time. Plat
I would imagine it’s very low or the very highest ranks that might suffer from longer times

1 Like

for me, queue times in role-less queue modes have been between near instant to maybe a minute and a half

1 Like

The problem is that the game shoumd be played with with flexing in mind but because there is a lot of min-maxing on SR climbing it lead to a situation where we needed 2/2/2 otherwise people wouldn’t be able to play the way they want.

People will still crutch triple tank and you’ll get bad team comps, open queue is a joke.

1-3-2 would be amazing though.

222 isnt now and never has been necessary

People can and do play OW without 222 every single day

regarding “people wouldn’t be able to play the way they want”:

First, I take this to mean that they want to be assured that OTHERS play support and tank for them, which is a pretty selfish thing

Further, even assuming for sake of argument that this statement is true, those same players can absolutely still play without 222.

Finally, in 222, plenty of players play in a way they dont want to already, taking tank and/or support roles to avoid the excessive wait involved to play dps.

You’re playing with the most populated rank in the game. (Gold-Plat)

Might? I experience brutal queue times and major rank diffs from population issues. So my opinion/experiences doesn’t matter because I’m a GM player?

Plats don’t even play the game at it’s fullest potential and I and other GM players should be taking advice on how the rules of the main game should be played from Plats?

Funny.

You have been called out and have not provided any information as to why Open-Queue is better.

You have been ignoring others who don’t agree with you and have not tried to suggest changes to fix the problems with Open-Queue that are completely resolved with Role-Queue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/is-role-queue-still-necessary/586085/353

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/is-role-queue-still-necessary/586085/354

1 Like

that is not nor has it ever been the topic in this thread

the “called out” part doesnt seem relevant to this topic either. It just means folks have responded to me with disagreement. Said another way, business as usual in these forums

1 Like

What are your q times?

Doesn’t rq have this issue as well?

I think it’s unfortunate that you have these issues but at the same time it is to be expected when you play at a rank where the distribution of the population is less. You are a small minority. Furthermore, you play in a region where the interest seems to be less.

However, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for you. With free to play we can expect a boost in the player numbers.

Let’s be honest here. You don’t play the game at its full potential either. You’re not even allowed to group up as a team of six. That is the way the game is meant to be played at the highest level.

1 Like

I played in bronze, and it happened only a handful of times.

(And tbh, it’s not always bad.)

The many you refer to is still the minority compared to the entire community.

Sure it might be a matter of preference, but 2-2-2 makes for a more consistent experience, that is a fact. I’d argue conistency is one of the most important things for a competitive experience.

It tests a different and more clear set of skills compared to open queue.

Open queue is still available as an alternative to those who enjoy it but 2-2-2 is very likely going to remain the official main mode.

1 Like
  • Yes, they did, otherwise tanks were either too powerful or too weak depending on team comp. You cant balance for both at the same time.
  • Your opinion, 100% not mine.
  • cool
  • not everyone uses LFG, so problem not solved.

Well, if most people were playing 222, it seems sensible to make it official and solve the problems i mentioned too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I found it best addition to the game, before that it was anarchy with 6dps and Hanzo+Widow who always missed. Now I actually enjoy QP.

1 Like

I think role queue is the best thing they have done in the game in a while. They still have open queue for people who want that option. For people doubting experiences:

I tried open queue ranked again and did all placements for curiosity sake. Same exact thing happened 8 out of the 10 games: 4 to 5 DPS, and I’m left asking if I should solo heal the entire team or solo tank. Then when we get steam rolled people actually have the audacity to yell at me saying I’m not healing them enough or tanking good enough for 5 dps. Not joking. I quit shortly after for open queue. Not sure how people deal with this.

1 Like

I had exactly the same experience.
5 DPS, I pick a Tank and everyone starts accusing me of throwing and people demand that I pick Mercy to enable their 5 DPS comp or they would report me :joy:

The next games where a bit more “tame” (at least nobody threatened to report me again), but people still didn’t give a single damn about the team comp and literally played 6 vs 6 death match :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty silly. I’m just wondering when these flex comps actually work out. I’m guessing when the 4 or 5 DPS aren’t terrible, maybe diamond and up or something.

Not sure how necessary it really is, but for personal preference, I’d like it to stay. I like that I’ll always have a co-healer and tank. I don’t miss the old days at all when 3-4 DPS teams were commonplace. The only reason I bothered to play ranked in the past was because there would always be at least one member from each role on my team and now that it’s guaranteed in quickplay, I don’t have to care about ranked anymore.

As you correctly stated this is a matter of personal preference. I see 222 as being consistently boring. The consistency point has never made much sense to me because you could make the game much more consistent if you limited everybody to playing soldier 76. Variety and diversity are equally if not more important.

In regards to hero balance? Where did they say that?

Jeff said it isn’t but basic math says it is.