Is Ps5 OW2 120 fps dynamic 4k?

Maybe I am dumb but I cant find well ow2 ps5 performance details or testing well.

I really hope that the 120 fps is dynamic 4k like warzone for example. It would be pretty sad if 120 fps would be locked to full hd. Anyone has any details about this?

1 Like

120fps is dynamic 1440p same as Xbox

Thank you! so it doesnt go above 1440p but the details are same as 60 fps? Or also reducement?

I would imagine that the details would be less than in the balanced mode but maybe the same as in the resolution mode. See:

XBOX UPDATES

Optimized for Xbox Series X|S Enhancements

Added “Preferred Mode” graphics option which allows switching between three different presets: “Resolution”, “Balanced”, “Framerate”. These modes adjust video settings to bias towards image quality, resolution, and framerate.

• “Resolution” : This mode prefers higher-resolution output at the cost of some image-quality (Series X: 4K @ 60Hz, Series S: 1440p @ 60Hz)
  • “Balanced” : This mode prefers image-quality at the cost of resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 60Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 60Hz)
  • “Framerate” : This mode prefers higher frame-rate at 120 frames-per-second at the cost of both image-quality and resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 120Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 120Hz)
  • NOTE: Not you must have a TV that supports 120Hz or VRR (Variable-Refresh-Rate) to fully take advantage of the “Framerate” mode

In the beta (PS5) there was a balanced option, with resolution & performance being the other two.

The performance option targets 120 fps with variable refresh rate supported. The resolution looked just fine too (more than 1080p to my eye). I use an LG C9 oled.

I think the balanced option is dynamic resolution locked at 60 fps (not 100% sure).