Is Mei meta now?

1% PR is far from being meta.

1 Like

She’s meta, projectile dps players have to lock her to win.

Examples of this are Agilities and Stratus.

Meta being Most Effective Tactic Available. Two players does not a meta make. Players pick the things that win.
If Mei is meta, why is she not a top picked character?

1 Like

There was that plus Wall cooldown by 1s and ammo refresh in Cryo.

When was this? Could you link to the patchnotes from the above? I don’t think that was this year.

Indeed it wasn’t, you are correct. Those buffs were from October 2020.

She’s boring, very few people enjoy playing her.

If you’re including last year, then I think Mei took a few more hits than that. But yeah, Mei didn’t get a bunch of buffs this year.

That’s all sorts of subjective. I think high teir/pro players would play what wins more than what is ‘fun’. If you remember GOATS being played for a year+ straight because it was meta, even if not ‘fun’

1 Like

And higher tier players get forced onto Mei all the time.

Not what the pick rates say.

1 Like

Watch OWL or any top 500 lobby.

I legit just went against a Mei rush comp 2 mins ago, luckily somebody on my team quit and the game got canceled.

Got any hard numbers on this? I don’t exactly feel like “Go find it” as compelling.

“pick rates” are complete nonsense.

Gold games everyone plays Ana Mercy… that that is garbage as a duo.

Masters and GM over the last month don’t suggest Mei is meta either.

1 Like

YouTube

The pro teams play either Mei Cree or Echo Tracer/Sombra

And where are you getting this data from?

If you say Overbuff, please leave. lol.

Here you go - Houston @outlaws vs @sanfranciscoshock | Opening Weekend | Day 3 — West - YouTube

2 hours of the best OW matches you will see.

1 Like

Does youtube have statistics or numbers to check? Or is this “sit through a bunch of videos and find it yourself”

Overbuff is confirmed to have numbers largely in line with Blizzard’s internal. It’s the best data source available.

What’s the timestamp for statistics? 2 hours isn’t exactly a very good sample size.

1 Like

I feel like most people want her to be a tank BECAUSE she is meta at the highest level and kind of meh on ladder.

2 hours of the Shock v Outlaws last night… just skip to any point,.

last map. Mei Cree Rein Dva Lucio Bap both teams.

Second map. Blizzard World… same comps. (even though double bubble is arguably better there).