Is it weird I miss all the mercy drama

Yo, Darkwaver, you’re a lvl 151 unranked account.
Either post from your main or stop parroting stuff.

9 Likes

If Im honest, when I started reading, I was expecting a
round 2-D object
defined as to move something quickly and suddenly
of people telling us to “git gud” and that “shes consistent” even though she was meant to have the best healing output of the entire roster. (And now she gets outhealed by Lucio, great job)

2 Likes

You quoted him but replied to me ?

RIP dont know how that happened.

Yeah, that’s the thing that sucks the most nowadays.
I do way better and have way more impact on Moira and Baptiste, which I haven’t played that much, than on a hero who I have thousands of hours on. It’s funny and sad at the same time.

Ohh excuse me mister “private profile” nobody, i forgot that i had to use my main account login details, when i am at work or around the place, where i would not like that information to be.

Throwing stones, when you live in a glass house, seems about right.

For anyone who wonders (or cares) what aria rose is doing now

It was revealed that her rants on e-girls and thots were jealousy, and she became one herself

She is now selling “lewd” pics on patreon (nudes?) and making music remixes

2 Likes

I miss old mercy (pre-rework)…

3 Likes

This is my alt. My main is a 5 star diamond border account which is suspended atm and I can’t post from there.
I have 2.5k hours on Mercy in total.
Now, who are you?

2 Likes

Speaking as a bunny, try not to go down that rabbit hole.

2 Likes

I bet he’s one of those who post their BS and then disappear when they get destroyed with facts.
He probably doesn’t even play the game that much, he just plays a couple of matches every Saturday and then decides to adopt whatever opinion is hot on the internet at the time.

Jesus Christ.
Whatever floats your boat, buddy. Civilized arguments are great. But those times? Not again.
The entire heat made me stop playing Mercy for a while, not because of the nerfs but because of how it spilled over into the game, how I was treated when playing Mercy.

If you want more excitement, maybe take up kickboxing or some form of martial arts? Go do some extreme sport? Just a frew suggestions.

Woah, you’re actually that youtuber.
Didn’t know any of you guys posted on the forums.

You can go and check the quarter reports from Blizzard on Overwatch. Not particularly about Support players or Mercy palyers… But generally a good look at how bad the game is doing in terms of keeping players.

But any way… Player count has drastically decreased and considering that her pick percentage halved after her rework and never went up again, says more than enough that they just threw many palyers away with the rework.

Also, Jeff said that she was the most popular hero, not just support hero, of the entire game.

19 Likes

Or more likely they quit playing support and moved on to another role, such as ‘damage’, or moved on to another game altogether. In your opinion she’s fine, many others would still disagree though. Understandably there are others who would agree with you though, but many have just given up trying to provide ideas and feedback in regards to how to improve even current Mercy’s kit.

Yet if fun is subjective then why was she reworked? The two reasons officially stated in a developer update for her rework weren’t about statistics. One of them was definitely about ‘unfun (or disheartening, same thing pretty much) to play against’. Sure, she ‘might’ be balanced, but there’s plenty of room for improvement for even her current kit to make it a little less cumbersome, frustrating and confining to use. Certain changes could be made which I feel wouldn’t make her overpowered but at the same time add more potential to express skill and not to mention get ‘on fire’ if and when it’s deserving.

14 Likes

Nice post, thank you for that. I only have the issue that you claim that

which is a quite general assumption, in combination with

which criminalizes people who maybe have constructive ideas.
You say that fun is subjective, yes the whole thing is subjective. But please don´t criminalize all critics on mercys state.
I really like to quote a post of Orion here:

19 Likes

I’ve always said the same thing, Mercy is too often dependent on factors outside her control. Rez is the by far biggest culprit here; people think Rocket Barrage and Dead Eye are unfun because you often die, but they at least can choose when and where to initiate. Mercy has a time constraint of less than 10 seconds and cannot choose the place to rez. How many other ults or abilities do we have that is so harshly limited?

13 Likes

This honestly seems super biased. Especially as a lot of old mercy posts were about bringing back masd Rex which inherently was less viable than valkyrie. If valkyrie was op on release and you still have people wanting mass Rez , it’s not about viability.

Putting it on as if Ana wasn’t cared for is especially terrible as it only furthers this narrative of Ana vs mercy viability ignoring two other supports for their class who never have had a meta definition of their own.

It also ignores how Ana has defined two Metas while mercy was her own from being blatantly overdone. And again, in a format not asked for mercy players. If ana was reworked because “anti is disheartening to play against” Im gonna be pretty peeved.

Have an opinion about her power or whatever, but to say that it’s about her viability is pretty false.

19 Likes

dont miss it for a second…that level of overreaction is one of the major things that has (always) plagued this community…and frankly the less of it we have the better…there is such a thing as constructive criticism…it went waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond that

Holy hell i leave for an hour and suddenly this thread has 80 replies O.O