Is it weird I miss all the mercy drama

You know…mercy’s rework disaster and nerfs. Back when Aria rose was still relevant. All the mercy threads that spammed the forums so much they had to make a megathread…I miss it all. It was fun watching people argue and I’ve bever seen so much controversy over a video game character. Now the forums just feel so boring now, its all 222, doom, sombra, sym, and widow threads. I wasn’t around much for the old forums but it was good too.

23 Likes

All the whiners have finally realized that after the countless nerfs, that ever since the first of them “Would make her unplayable and a throw pick”, that she is fine and now actually in a good spot (Still could use some clarification on superjump.

16 Likes

While I rather don’t see the kind of chaos that the Mercy rework brought back, I do agree that the forums are kinda boring right now. I barely come across any threads that I even want to reply to.

30 Likes

They need to fix the superjump bug it’s so freaking frustrating to play aginst

other then that she has a very high pickrate so she is in a good spot i think

3 Likes

Based on my friends list what actually happened is that most of them left the game completely, which is partly the reason for the deficit in supports.

46 Likes

I ran a tracker like overbuffs at the time, so I can answer what happened.

They left.

They got sick of the game, and just left. They didn’t switch to different supports.

We lost a LOT of players over that.

66 Likes

Ohh you somehow have a stat on the amount of support players over the years, would be nice to see.

1 Like

You got a stat too, with all the data, showcasing both private (Most Mercy players) and the public ones. Would love to see it, seeing as otherwise…

1 Like

I don’t, this is purely anecdotal, hence the “based on my friends list” part of the post. But you are free to disagree of course.

5 Likes

Just look up Aria Rose or whatever she calls herself now on Twitter. She still stirs up drama.

1 Like

Well seeing as i don´t really have to disagree, as you are the one making a statement that needs factual evidence. My claim is only relevant to the good performance that she has had for some while now, (Take any tracking site) and the less post made about it, seeing as Mercy play rate hasn´t decreased significantly recently.

3 Likes

For the love of god, not that brain drain…

I noted it back at the time when I ran the Tracker.

But, you can see the fall on omnic meta if you like.

I think Switch still has all the data from the early days, you can reach out to him to get back data.

Give him a message.
omnicmeta@gmail.com

Nice person, likely to help.

7 Likes

Welp, people just got memo that it will nto work with blizzard. Lets hope that people who are still unhappy about mercy can find something fun to do after all, in this or other games

and 2 2 2 is fresh thing to complain about, because of lack of balance to it so far XD

thank god she no longer makes ow stuff

2 Likes

Wait i have to find your evidence ? What fall and when is relevant, since OP is talking Right now pre and post 2x2x2. Also dont forget (mercy players use private profiles), cant be tracked

I’ll see if I can track down Omnic Metas dataset for you. I thought you were interested in a very complete set, but, if you just want to see the fall of Mercy, it is easy to find.

2 Likes

She makes nfsw stuff on her patreon now

ye heard about it
i guess she wouldn’t be taken seriously now if she made any ow rant

1 Like

That time was awful. I had to stop coming to these forums for a while because there were so many toxic mercy players. I was ashamed to call myself a mercy player they were so embarrassing. I’m really glad it is all over with and I don’t want to go through that again!!

5 Likes