Is it weird I miss all the mercy drama

No one is arguing, you’re just being told about yourself. Sorry, not sorry.

Bruh you called somebody thirsty in desperate, rather than refuting their point. Calm down with your false sense of intellect.

3 Likes

sorry not sorry

2 Likes

No need to refute the point of an opinion I don’t find valid… but hey, way to pivot. Sad!!

So sad you had to reply twice! LMAO!!!

1 Like

Man you’re looking way too far into this. It’s not that big of a deal. Poor thing :frowning: it’s okay, I’ll stop now. I’m clearly hurting you, which was not my intent.

2 Likes

Says the buffoon who got their feelings hurt at comments that weren’t even directed to them. That’s right, walk away. :clap::wave:

1 Like

Awh you’re projecting hard :frowning:

1 Like

and you wonder why no one takes mercy mains seriously lmfao

1 Like

The argument, was never about people stopping playing Mercy. Again you don´t understand the debate, it was about Mercy players specifically leaving the game and the pickrate was some how evidence of this.

More useless claims about back peddlng cause you didn´t understand, what was said and is mad, you are just straight up attacking that strawman you put on me and saying i backpeddle out of it, when i proved i didn´t say, what you claimed i did.

Sure go right ahead and find that quote then, if it is so easy. Cause you´re wrong.

It is still amazing that you claim this, well first off, the claims i made, that you asked for, i both proved and actually took credit for saying. You called these back peddles, when they were completely within logical reasoning, cause you cannot refute them. Now i am apparently not wanting to prove statements i made, like which ? The one about most Mercy players were private ? They were, just like everyone else, that is why they mattered, they are different demographic that is unaccounted for in the graph. Then you babble on and begin accusing me of saying i meant, that more Mercy players did it than other players, which i didn´t we quite clearly proved that and here we are, now i am just arguing with someone strawmanning, refuting the fact that i gave him, surround the actual quote i made and lastly then keeping on making ridiculous insults surrounding his own strawmans and “Back peddle” excuses.

Also look up, what a statement is.

Holy hell you are a dense one. The whole idea, behind opinions are just that, they aren´t always fact, neither do they need to be, there are times in my discussion, where i accurately stated and opinion or correlated a conclusion he made himself and furthered it. I didn´t say a statement like you claim about Mercy players. I said the one about most mercy players were private profile, this is a fact i could prove. Which i have many times over already.

Well i just did and what did it show, downwards pickrate following the release of Mercy, this was only in GM and Masters, but you said it didn´t matter, i proved “My opinion”, that i never made by the way, seeing as i never claimed, that specifically it would have an effect correlated only to Mercy players going private, but the fact, that private profiles in general is 100% an unaccounted for aspect, then it matters.

Yeah, must be real fun, wanting to dabble in debates for the first time, you are really handling this well, not even understanding the subjects, the debate or the things you randomly swing at people (You prob read em on this forum and though they sounded cool).

You want controversy? Look up babette on the Skyrim loverslab forums. Now that is controversy.
(I’m just kidding for the love of god don’t look that up unless you want to be placed on an FBI watchlist)

I think it would be pretty dumb to pretend a huge swath of mercy players didn’t just entirely leave the game. They clearly did, and it killed a big social scene in the game that is gone honestly. Everyone used to have their healer friends, their tank friends, their DPS friends, and had a circle they came home from work or school and logged on to play with. It’s anecdotal, but I’m pretty sure everyone here can tell you their favourite circles are gone and the Mercy main in every group was generally the first to drop the game.

6 Likes

Seeing as you all claim that, how about you prove it as i mentioned before the mercy forever 100% pickrate meta came after the 1.0 rework, which means that the claim of pickrate showcasing it, would tell otherwise.

Yeah here you go “Private profiles are now turned on by default for everyone” happy ? You wanna act smart again ?

Why do i need proof of when and how many had it on and at what exact time ?
Facts are they all had it on and some took it off later on. Everyone that has it one or had it on, was unaccounted for in the statistic, therefor a huge error in the stats, that isn´t accounted for and couldnt be.

To answer your question quite simply, we dont, we don´t know either exactly how many had it on at any given data. Seeing as only Blizzard knows, we know that all had at one point and it took a while before many even noticed, therefor they are all a huge part of an unaccounted for group, that is no longer randomly selected, seeing as they are now quite clearly grouped in people wanting to show it (Or unaware they aren´t) or don´t care, many of which matter a lot for the difference between Comp and QP only players.

Exactly, how many is rather irrelevant, they are unaccounted for, what if all the mercy players that went off private, were the ones that felt they needed to play her and all the ones that were still private was all the mains that got harassed (Hypothetical, but not unlikely), that is why private matters a lot.

I appreciate the good sport nature of the post but actually my claim can be substantiated, one in the countless of mercy is dead post made all the way from the rework till the last nerf recieved and the fact, that the data suggest right now that she is at a both healthy and good winrate/playrate (Compared to games other heroes), while also seeing play in pro.

This was a post aimed at Robot himself calling Mercy players fragile. Well we had post about the problems they said they faced. Meanwhile, we aren´t talking all Mercy players in the quote indicated by “These special players”.

Clarify this sentence please, i do not quite understand it.

That is what “Were prob” means, that is uncertain, but could be likely.

A little unjust to cut the quote short, to frame it to fit your beliefs dont you think.
Really doesn´t do the rest of your otherwise alright post justice.

1 Like

still wondering why this thread exists, yes alot of mercy players left and yes ive also stopped playing awhile ago if you want to stir drama go on twitter.

First off anecdotal evidence is still in need of being anecdotal, saying that you know someone that know someone that said something is not anecdotal, that is just a statement. Also who is this, i only remember the one where he said quantitative and qualitative.

I seem to not remember the quote you are referring too.

No but there is a difference between having the data and not and straight up forgetting a huge error margin, that in this case accounts for a great percentage of players.

Well good thing we have stats that prove that wrong but ohh well, feel free to say she sucks, when she factually doesn´t especially in lower tiers.

1 Like

You’d think I’d get some royalties money off that…

Orcy the Orc says he is glad to see you online, Magy

1 Like

I went from playing 100+ games a season to only doing placements.

But not just because of Mercy and the way devs ignored the feedback. But they ignore most important feedback. “We’re workin on stuff… things r coming” Okay what? when?

1. The game is still not optimized for all resolutions. It doesn’t scale properly. (Which is why they added the “Scale with resolution” option in crosshairs- which I appreciate but it took me messaging a dev on Reddit and only fixes the way crosshairs look - a bandaid fix - the rest of the issues are still there).

2. The events aren’t changing and there are less skins/emotes/intros etc each time. Waiting 3 months for new heroes/maps/skins… I’m bored. What was the “big social feature” that was coming last fall? Haven’t heard a word about it since. OW @ Blizzcon was godawful.

3. This was a common complaint on the forums and instead of putting more time into Overwatch content they… are making Overwatch 2? Adding it to Nintendo Switch after 2 years. Why? Says to me they’re over it. They don’t show any interest in it honestly it’s a bit disheartening. (Remember when papa jeff said he considers the next 6 heroes job security? Whatever blizz is doing higher up in the company is making everyone/the devs who work on Overwatch lose their passion. REMEMBER It’s not j’s fault.)

2 Likes

Aye, I only popped on the forums as my friends and I were talking about the fun we used to have. Unsurprisingly nothing has changed so like yourself, I can’t see any point in playing again.

1 Like