Is Genji"s dash too strong?

That hasn’t been a thing since 2016, you can dash slightly above to avoid trap though.

It’s 50 dmg.

What is that gonna do to you.

And his combo takes a good amount of skill to pull of so if I get busted down or instakilled I got outplayed.

2 Likes

I don’t think genji needs any changes.

Though my problem with genji is that I can literally watch a genji dash into a wall, then the game decides to move him around it, to make up for his mistake. just feels like fake skill to me.

Not currently, but it will need to be nerfed in OW2 after they gut all stuns/CC.

I don’t think hyper mobile heroes realize how broken they would be without CC in the game, so they are going to get heavy nerfs to balance it as even Blizzard has stated.

1 Like

I play a lot of tracer, and from the start of the whole cc new hero thing i have just been of the opinion we didn’t need CC, but instead we needed down to earth mobility.

I still think this.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. It should only reset if he’s dealt at least 50% of the damage to a target that dies. Not by a sneeze.

Agreed, I think even if Genji’s dash doesn’t reset in OW2, with the decreased mobility/CC in the game it should work itself out in the end.

1 Like

Absolutely not. If it does, then Charge, Fireball, Leap, and Rocket Punch all need tweaks as well as they’re all stronger - whether it’s in damage, cooldown, mobility or whatever.

You don’t nerf an underperforming hero.

Steel Trap does take priority over Swift Strike, just like it does over Charge. If it deals a killing blow to the Trap though, it’ll just break it - just like Charge.

Nope. I think the reset on kill is a very interesting mechanic, and it seems to scale well with Genji recognizing the best moment to strike.

50 damage is enough to chunk a hero but it is not impossible to overcome if Genji committed it at a bad time.

Let heroes have interesting features.

You get up close to seal the deal, not start and finish.

It’s not on kill though. It’s when anyone dies if genji has even as much sneezed on them. He should have to deal at least 50% of a hero’s hp in damage before it gets reset by them dying.

1 Like

I disagree. What’s interesting to me about Dash is how it allows Genji to work with his team to be cleanup crew. Yeah, that can get cheesy if someone he winged with a shuriken dies on the other side of the map, but if he dashes into someone, polishing off their remaining 40hp, I think that absolutely justifies a reset to either escape or keep chaining down enemies.

Avoiding any Genji bias here, I don’t feel its too strong. If anything the character hasn’t been doing well for quite a bit now. He doesn’t need any nerfs, but possibly a SMALL buff. Emphasis on small, since the last change to Genji made everyone complain that he was too op.

Ok?

He still shouldn’t be getting a dash reset from sneezing on someone.

1 Like

How to say you want to nerf Genji without saying it… :rofl:

In all seriousness though, we all remember the times Genji gets 3-4 dash resets and wipes your teams backline but forget the time the nano-blade Genji dies… :rofl:

He doesn’t. Genii doesn’t have fall off damage so he usually does a minimum of 28 dmg.

1 Like

No, genji is balanced.

Great way to gut his ult.

1 Like

With the removal of CC they said they are also gutting mobility in OW2.

While they may not remove reset, they will be reducing his mobility in a very sizable fashion.