Is Genji"s dash too strong?

Yeah but that’s why it’s a longer CD, and dash resets only happen when the engagement was successful

2 Likes

yeah good luck killing anything with his damage, probably lowest dmg base kit out of most characters in the game

people thinking dash needs changes or a very good ability need serious coaching

2 Likes

You don’t dash full health heroes.

1 Like

Let’s just wait for my team to engage then, what a fun design amiright? Not being able to do enough damage yourself so you gotta wait for your team as a basically pure DPS hero.

1 Like

What exactly do you think genji’s supposed to be? He’s not a frontline dps, he’s an abush hero, designed to disrupt, not 1v1 everyone.

2 Likes

No, Sombra is designed to disrupt. Sym is designed to disrupt. Even Doom is better at disrupting than Genji.

Genji is a pure damage hero with no utility nor CC, and should be able to kill effectively.

6 Likes

Cooldown for the charge version of Dash would be, like, 4 to 5 seconds per charge. During his Ult it could be 1 to 2.5 seconds per charge. Done.

Keep playing him that way, see where it gets you. My way gets results better than some stubborn notion of what his kit should be.

Would be a nice passive to have on Genji’s blade. I wouldn’t mind testing that out.

That’s not what I said.

“Your” way is the boring way everyone already knows - “disrupt” until you get blade, and not how Genji was originally played, which is why the demand to make him what he was.

1 Like

Half the roster is boring. Genji’s not the exception here.

Who said he was? Mains of other boring heroes can share their ideas on how to not make them boring.

At least other heroes don’t have a kit designed around close combat yet should be played at range to “disrupt.”

1 Like

That very well may be too strong. Obviously, I can see other people have pointed out to you that it doesn’t do that much damage, but 75 damage on a dash and can penetrate multiple enemies and barriers on an 8 second cooldown would be too strong.

Is dash too strong? Naw but I’ve seen Genji dash right through a Junk trap and destroy it. IMO that’s too strong. The point of the trap is to stop abilities like that. If trap took priority over him doing damage to it first then I would be fine. Trap is already buggy as is.

Some people want reset tied to final blows instead of elim. Dash would have to do at least that (or 100) to make it not crap.

A better idea in place of reset would be to set the CD to 1/4 normal. So it would go to a 2s CD rather than 8s.

I have never personally done this, and I have a lot of hours on Genji. But I think what may have happened was the traps health was low and Genji’s dash hit box is just a bit wider then his body, he could theoretically hit the trap and destroy it. I might give it a test to to see if it is possible but it maybe is. Or other damage has destroyed the trap as genji was dashing through it.

1 Like

It’s likely just more Trap bugs. I’ve seen several times a Mercy dashing to someone, get caught in a trap but she breaks out thanks to the momentum.

Here is the only video I have got of it and it’s from Chro’s stream a while back.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyMagnificentSashimiKevinTurtle

1 Like

Haha thats actually crazy. I have never seen that happen. I think you’re right with Trap is bugged, and Genji Dash is also quite bugged so maybe when that happened when Genji dashed through trap they both just spazzed out.

That looks like a bug, but Genji dashing through trap probably isn’t. It used to be able to, and then Blizzard nerfed it so that trap will catch Genji dashing through it. Dash has a bigger hitbox than trap though, so Genjis can dash at an upward angle through trap without getting caught.

1 Like