In your opinion, why do you dislike Overwatch more than in 2016

Moira skill orbs. …

I don’t, really. The game has problems but I still like it, maybe more than when I started.

1 Like

Not enough new game content. And the balance patches are slow.

Each hero was unique and built for team play

Now everything is homogenized for individual play. It’s way more boring.

Also unique mechanics are gone.

No other game combined so many special ideas
.it’s bland now

Queue times, mostly. That is the major difference for me as someone who more or less always loved the game. It is just that no meta was my favorite meta and double shield has me shaking as I never want to experience that atrocity again.

this game just took a sharp decline in what seems like everything. just looking at the 2016 closed beta looks more interesting than now. theres too much of everything. so much visual clutter, the maps are so bland to look at now, etc

things changed so drastically when role queue was released i feel, i made a whole post about that, and others just about reminiscing about a time i never got to experience. it’s kinda sad. The game looks more appealing back in 2016 before i even got it.

^
theres some good reads in this one

^^^ This post said it all. For my part, was going to say the powercreep. It’s so bad that Zen’s healing is obsolete and the most successful supports are the high burst heal to compensate.

No Mass Rez, Symmetra was deleted and Doomsh!t is on every roof.

esports, streaming, e-celeb nonsense. All of this leads to people taking games too seriously instead of having fun.

Still boggles me that this piece of information mentioned incredibly briefly in a couple lines was all people got out of that entire story.

You wouldn’t know lore if it smacked you in the face.

The community and the forums

I guess I wouldn’t because I feel this game has not had lore for years at this point. I saw more from the Mortal Kombat Aftermath trailer which is a dlc story expansion than I did from this last year of Overwatch.

As a newer player who knows how to research a game’s history, I can say this one’s pretty shallow in terms of content and has one of the worst identity crises I’ve ever seen since…and I’ve been a gamer since the 80s.

Which entire story?

The one where Tracer is gay or the one where Soldier 76 is gay?

Either.

IIRC the Tracer one was literally just the characters in various places doing mundane things around Christmas.

Where is the lore that I missed in that?

Character/world building, mate. It’s a Christmas story. We get to see many members of the cast celebrating with their families/lack of family etc.

And yet all you gather is “Tracer is gay lulul” :roll_eyes:

Don’t even get me started with Bastet.

A tiny comic of the characters doing what we could already know they do isn’t lore in my opinion.

If Overwatch was a film people would complain that 99% of the movie was filler content.

Great. You’ve picked a single comic centred around Christmas for world building etc. to try and prove your point. Guess none of the other comics/cinematics/short stories/lore events exist, right?

Most of the other comics/cinematics are the same.

The majority of the lore in this game comes from voice lines before the match starts.

e.g.

• Mercy: Lucio, I never realized your father invented Vishkar’s sonic technology.
  • Lucio: The Core Tech was his life’s work, owned and patented by Vishkar. But it’s mine now.

It’s just lazy and literally nothing has happened in the story.