Anyone else just look back at the old videos from OW's beta?

Like, videos like these. When the game was still so young and fresh.

not only this but also a helpful playlist on how to play the game included on the official overwatch channel

This one in particular being my favorite

4 Likes

Sometimes I do. Most games age like fine wine and get better over time pass, overwatch did the complete opposite

4 Likes

Overwatch isn’t really done though. Honestly the closer to get to actual completion the more it amazes me that the product that shipped in 2016 managed to be a hit at all when it’s like 50% of a complete game.

for a game like this, none of them are ever really complete when they first launch. We finally got a replay system last year.

It’s funny because in 2010 if you launched a game missing this many parts the consumers would have buried the game alive.

I blame Destiny for this. It started that garbage trend. “Games as a service.”

Now we have to wait for OW2 before the game is probably 80% complete.

Everyone sucked so badly back then lmao. If I traveled back in time I could be a god among men.

1 Like

I seem to have a lack of nostalgia cause I don’t look back at things fondly. I didn’t do it with WoW Classic (I said it was a horrible experience compared to the present and I’m not entirely wrong for me), and I feel the same about launch Overwatch cause I only seem to remember the bad parts of the game…

it feels nostalgic for me and i was never even there during the time. Much like paladins, their betas somehow end up looking like better products than what exists currently

I’d argue that Paladins still feels like a beta, considering every patch breaks half the game… At least Overwatch runs smoothly, for the most part.

But that’s like endemic to the AAA games industry now, it’s a good game if it doesn’t launch totally broken and remains that way for years.

1 Like

Very true. Hi Rez in general has so many issues I don’t even know where to begin. Well, aside from spending an hour trying to log in to my account on the website. And when I needed help trying to get in, I was redirected right back to the login.
“Oh you need help logging in to your account? Log in first, then we can help you”

1 Like

indeed its quite pathetic what this game turned into…

1 Like

in light of new hero pools, this needs a thorough bump

The game was so much more fun in beta and season 1. It was also vastly more fun to watch. Apex got more viewers than OWL. The game was an actual first-person shooter then.