In your opinion, why do you dislike Overwatch more than in 2016

The community and the forums

I guess I wouldnā€™t because I feel this game has not had lore for years at this point. I saw more from the Mortal Kombat Aftermath trailer which is a dlc story expansion than I did from this last year of Overwatch.

As a newer player who knows how to research a gameā€™s history, I can say this oneā€™s pretty shallow in terms of content and has one of the worst identity crises Iā€™ve ever seen sinceā€¦and Iā€™ve been a gamer since the 80s.

Which entire story?

The one where Tracer is gay or the one where Soldier 76 is gay?

Either.

IIRC the Tracer one was literally just the characters in various places doing mundane things around Christmas.

Where is the lore that I missed in that?

Character/world building, mate. Itā€™s a Christmas story. We get to see many members of the cast celebrating with their families/lack of family etc.

And yet all you gather is ā€œTracer is gay lululā€ :roll_eyes:

Donā€™t even get me started with Bastet.

A tiny comic of the characters doing what we could already know they do isnā€™t lore in my opinion.

If Overwatch was a film people would complain that 99% of the movie was filler content.

Great. Youā€™ve picked a single comic centred around Christmas for world building etc. to try and prove your point. Guess none of the other comics/cinematics/short stories/lore events exist, right?

Most of the other comics/cinematics are the same.

The majority of the lore in this game comes from voice lines before the match starts.

e.g.

• Mercy: Lucio, I never realized your father invented Vishkarā€™s sonic technology.
  • Lucio: The Core Tech was his lifeā€™s work, owned and patented by Vishkar. But itā€™s mine now.

Itā€™s just lazy and literally nothing has happened in the story.

No, theyā€™re not. And theyā€™re certainly not all ā€œX character is gay lulā€

• Wack lore that, even with all the story content, has not actualy progressed since launch.
  • No real direction on where the game was going besides ā€œESPORTS!ā€
  • Balance is inconsistent
  • Lack of real pressure on things that make the common player have a better in-game experience. (Limiting smurfs, heavily punishing cheaters, throwers and leavers, Seasons being meaningless, etc)
  • IMO 2CP is a terrible game mode. The more you play it, the more you realise how much itā€™s just ā€œhow hard can you steamroll the other teamā€ game mode.

Ok.

Feel free to disagree. I was just answering OP.

Yep, and I was just expressing my bewilderment at your claim :+1:

Yes! Letā€™s make all these comics and cinematics, call it ā€œloreā€ or ā€œworld buildingā€ but letā€™s make it all completely irrelevant to the actual game. Makes sense to me.

1 Like

symmetra no longer feels like a cohesive hero. she used to be so cool, and now sheā€™s just meh.