In your opinion, why do you dislike Overwatch more than in 2016

Obviously, overwatch is not as popular as it used to be. People enjoy it less, but dont really know why. Why do you think overwatch declined?

The reason I bought Overwatch was out of the premiss they had on Blizzcon. When they said that they would make a game where you weren’t flattened out of spawn, like you where with many other games. I liked that notion and liked that idea so I bought it. And outside of Widow and the odd Roadhog hook combo, it was all good.

Since they have added 2 million tons of CC as well as flattening your behind out of spawn thanks to the powercreep of this game. Combine that with a MM system that is as broken today as in 2016 - meaning they have done nothing to fix it - along with obsession over E-Sports, and you get a game in decline for my part at least.

The promises made at Blizzcon in 2015 (I think it was), seems to have been archived under “We never said that, and we kindly ask you to delete all evidence of the contrary”.

5 Likes

They advertised it as having lots of lore and made cinematic short films only to completely stop and release one piece of lore a year (aka X character is gay).

That and the community has become more abusive as all of the casuals have left. I can’t even get my friends to play anymore.

8 Likes

role queue, junkrat buffs, zarya is meta now, pharah on console still really annoying, mccree buffs, sombra in the game at all, new maps are boring to look at, total loss of dev communication, my friends don’t really play anymore, people getting good at and abusing the hell out of ana/lucio, insane burst makes it hard to play without standing behind your shield 100 percent of the game, my faves are either changed or hated, role queue again

I miss being able to sit back and just stare at my turret while holding left click as Torb.

Those were the days.

When OW was released, it was huge, there were cinematics, comics - up until after Sombra’s release, there was so much lore and so many things to bite your teeth into.

The thing that made it such a huge success was how accessible it was to everyone. People wanted a shooter? They had it. They wanted a lore rich game? They were getting it.

The game was continuing to blossom and be interactive with it’s community. There were things to read and theories about.

The community was actively engaged and kept busy.

Nowadays, it’s the same events, little to no lore, and a broken mess of a ranked system. People are just drained and tired. On top of this, there is no real creative hub, the workshop is still far too limiting. Hero releases are also so sudden, there was little hype to someone like Sigma or Baptiste because they’ve never been interlinked with the lore, no one knew them.

It’s just a mess that no longer caters to anyone.

The only reason…

In 2016 it was all exciting and anything new could come out at any second

In 2020 we are pretty much excitement-less and we all are in the long, dry wait until OW2 releases which doesn’t even have a target release year

They deleted Symmetra, and implemented role queue.

1 Like

I still love it. People are just burnt out from playing too much.

4 Likes

“Ultimate Economy”, “Combos” and Hero Matchups became a bigger factor in the flow of a match than fighting the enemy team.

Note I think this is less about the updates that have followed 2016 and more that the community wisened up to how to exploit the game mechanics to the level they are now.

1 Like

Balance wise the game is better than ever because of RQ but over time I think the overall skill floor of the game just shot through the roof with certain hero additions and balance changes. Unfortunately the latter was extreme enough to undo most of the good RQ did for the game. Next would have to be queue times never really getting better which turns away the less hardcore fans of the game.

Odd question with quite the assumption in the question.
With the addition of new heroes, skins and of course Role Queue , Overwatch is a ton better than was in 2016

6 Likes

february 2017 is best OW era.
now it’s completely tr*sh but nothing else to play so waiting for OW2/New game if a company decides to do like valorant did for cs go but for OW

edit : or OW classic in season 2-3-4.

Theres too much cheese in this game. It feels like a joke.

Lack of dev interaction with community, no roadmap, less skins per an event with a growing hero base, terrible balance choices, nothing new after year 2.

This game had so much potential

1 Like

I actually hated OW in 2016, I didn’t had the game back then and it was cool to hate it for no reason.

I don’t. I still love the game and play it constantly.

1 Like

My gameplay experience basically is whatever OWL Pros and the 1% tells the Devs because they need to make money for Shareholders. If that was the case I’d be happier if the game was free to play.

no.
competitive players burn out because of the path the game took.

cs pros have been there for 10 years + sometimes and dont burnout

Fortnite